Archive for the ‘Art’ Category
Ku Hye Sun is displaying her art work from July 1 to 7 at La Mer Gallery in Insadong. The exhibition is called Tango, which is also the title of her recently published book. She is generously donating the revenue from the exhibition to YG Entertainment’s charity campaign, WITH.
Following the April 1 release of her novel, Tango (탱고), Ku Hye Sun is holding an online illustration exhibition of key excerpts. In cooperation with online auction hosting company Gmarket, Ku has chosen approximately 20 illustrations (half of what’s in the book) with short written passages to display on the internet.
Tango. We were one pair who were dancing the tango although Jong Woon’s feet and mine weren’t in step. We kept dancing, even if we were stepping on each other’s feet and enduring pain; hence, our feet already had too many scars.
Here is the direct link to the exhibition: Tango on Gmarket. The slideshow will begin as soon as the page loads.
- Lee Jun Ki is filming a music video with the concept of “cyber oriental”. A source from Mentor Entertainment said, “This music video can show a compressed version of Lee Jun Ki’s entire [upcoming] ‘Episode 2′ project.”
- See how the night looks through Alex’s camera in his photo essay called “Night Scene” on Naver Photo Gallery. (Below is a photo from his previous photo essay, “Mr. Week“. Also, the newly engaged Ricky Kim (real name: Ricky Lee Nealy) posted a bilingual one called “Under A Magnifying Glass” from an earlier trip to Chicago.
- Yoon Do Hyun Band (YB) released their eighth album, Coexistence, at the end of March. They will be performing at V Hall, a club in the Hongdae neighbourhood, from April 14 to May 3. In a recent interview, Yoon laughed and confessed that every morning, people from his agency try to persuade him to cut his hair (picture below). However, he says that he likes it as is because people don’t recognize him in public.
- On April 30, the cast of MBC’s upcoming sageuk Queen Seon Duk met for their first table reading of the script. Queen Seon Duk is scheduled to be broadcast beginning in May for at least 50 episodes. Leads Lee Yo Won and Ko Hyun Jung were present, as well as Cho Min Ki, Lee Soon Jae (episode 1′s guest star), Yoo Seung Ho, and others. Although Lee Yo Won didn’t have any lines in the script for the first episode, she kept a pen in hand to make notes while others read through. Yoo Seung Ho also didn’t any lines, but remained focused throughout the three-hour evening practice.
- Despite firmly denying it earlier – (“I haven’t even gone on my honeymoon yet!”) – it has been revealed that Jeong Sia is four months pregnant with new husband Baek Do Bin’s baby.
- Im Won Hee and Lee Jong Hyeuk will take over Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise’s roles in a stage adaptation of the hit Hollywood film, Rain Man. Performances will take place at SM Art Hall in Jongno-gu for about a month, beginning on April 24.
- Celebrities Shim Eun Ha, Kim Hye Soo, Kang Seok Woo, Lee Sang Byuk, Cho Young Nam, Kim Ae Kyung are participating in the 4th Annual Seoul Open Arts Fair (SOAF), open from April 15 to 19 at the Coex in Seoul. Their work will be exhibited in the Fair’s Star Art Project corner.