Archive for the ‘Film’ Category
Actors Hwang Jung Min, Cha Seung Won, Han Ji Hye, and Baek Sung Hyun will join director Lee Jun Ik of King and the Clown in his third historical production – Like the Moon Escaping from the Clouds (구름을 벗어난 달처럼*).
The Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (PiFan) kicked off its 13th year on July 16 in Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do. The festival will run for 10 days, screening 201 films from 41 countries under the theme of ‘Love, Fantasy, Adventure’.
Celebrities including Ahn Sung Ki, Jang Na Ra, and Ku Hye Sun walked the red carpet.
- After releasing on their respective solo albums, Horan and Alex returned to the electronica genre with DJ Clazzi. Clazziquai Project released its fourth album, Mucho Punk, on July 14. A slight variation of the album was released at the beginning of this month in Japan under the title Mucho Musica. They will perform on Mnet Countdown on July 23 and live at Seongnam ARt Center on August 21 and 22.
- SBS will broadcast a special program for its weekend hit Brilliant Legacy on Monday, August 3. Kang Ho Dong – Lee Seung Gi’s close colleague and show fan (refer to the fourth point in Minimix 29) – will be host the program and give viewers a glimpse behind the scenes. Lee Seung Gi, Han Hyo Joo, Bae Soo Bin, Moon Chae Won, and other cast members will participate in filming the special on July 30.
- Joo Jin Mo, Kim Beom, Son Dam Bi, Choi Yeo Jin and the rest of the cast and crew of SBS drama Dream kicked things off with a ceremony on July 15 at Ilsan Production Center.
The other lead cast member is Park Sang Won (Hateful But Once Again) as CEO Kang Kyung Tak. Julien Kang, Marcos Benjamin Lee, Hyun Woo, and Chung Lim have minor roles as Flower Fighters 101 (Double F 101) – a group of good-looking martial artists. Dream is scheduled to premiere on July 27 on SBS following Ja Myung Go‘s early exit.
- Actress Kim Sung Eun (Returned Earthen Bowl) and athlete Jung Jo Gook (FC Seoul) will hold their wedding at 6pm on December 11 at Walkerhill W Hotel’s Vista Hall. The two are approaching their one year anniversary, having been introduced to each other by friends last July. Both are in their mid-twenties, with Kim being several months older than Jung.
- Mother, starring Kim Hye Ja and Won Bin, has been invited to have its North American premiere at the 34th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) in September. The TIFF describes it as “a unique noir thriller that digs into the secrecy surrounding a terrible murder and the mystery of a mother’s primal love for her son” and praises director Bong Joon Ho.