Archive for the ‘Good Deeds’ Category
- Viewers are growing increasingly frustrated with two of Triple‘s love lines – Ha Ru chasing after Hwan (her stepbrother) and Hyun Tae pursuing Soo Yin (his best friend Hwal’s wife). Following this week’s broadcasts, many viewers posted complaints online saying that the forced relationships were extremely uncomfortable to watch. Triple‘s ratings continue to hover around 7%.
- Brilliant Legacy surpassed 40% viewership on Sunday, officially making it a national drama. In episode 24, Eun Sung (Han Hyo Joo) turned down Jun Se (Bae Soo Bin)’s job offer as well as his love while Hwan (Lee Seung Gi) disappointed Seung Mi (Moon Chae Won) by telling her that he hasn’t liked anyone until now. Jinsung Foods is also in crisis with Jun Se’s father and Seung Mi’s mother plotting against Hwan’s grandmother and Eun Sung. The show has four more episodes before being replaced by Style.
- Shinhwa member Kim Dong Wan wrote an open letter to Amy, Lee Min Woo’s ex-girlfriend, on his minihompy. He blasted her for speaking [negatively] about Min Woo in a recently published interview with ISplus. Labelling her actions as weird and messy, Kim requested that she no longer talks about her ex-boyfriend in interviews. Kim defended his friend’s character (which Amy sort of implied was not honest) and said, “Like you would know him better than we – who have spent 12 years with him – do”. He also questioned why the journalist wrote this interview when he/she must have known that Amy would get spoken ill of. Kim Dong Wan is currently serving military duty.
- Actress Song Ji Hyo, who starred in A Frozen Flower and Goong, volunteered in Baseco, Philippines as the 10th part of tvN’s World Special LOVE project. She helped set up a school in the community and acted as a dental assistant. “Song Ji Hyo’s Episode: The Road to Baseco” was broadcast on July 11. tvn’s World Special LOVE series began last May to highlight international charity work by featuring Korean celebrities on the program.
- Kim Myung Min said on July 10′s broadcast of Section TV Entertainment Report that he never wants to diet again. While filming My Love By My Side, Kim lost 20 kilograms to realistically portray a Lou Gehrig’s patient. He went from weighing 72 kilograms during Beethoven Virus to a mere 52 kilograms at a height of 180 centimetres. (He has gained some weight back after the completion of filming.) In addition, Kim said that he had daily nightmares of going to the hospital and being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- Actor Jung Jae Young went bald for the first time in his acting career for a film role. He got his head shaved on July 8 in order to wear the wig that he needs to play an elderly man in Eekki (이끼). (KP’s note: I’m not sure what the English title will be because 이끼 is the Korean word for moss as well as the phrase “Dear me!/What a fright!”.)
This is the third film – following Silmido and Public Enemy Returns – with famed director Kang Woo Suk directing Jung Jae Young. The movie is a thriller about people who live alone without family in a rural village and the secrets that unravel as a young stranger enters. Park Hae Il, Yoo Joon Sang, and Yoo Hae Jin have also been cast and will begin filming in August.
- Kim Min Joon (Friend, Our Legend) received a minor injury while making a guest appearance on Family Outing. An agency representative for Kim said that the actor was paragliding when the wind suddenly changed directions and caught him off guard. Kim is able to appear on variety shows since Friend, Our Legend completed filming before broadcast began.
- Kim Dong Wook, Lee Dong Wook, and Kim Hyun Joo – currently starring in Partner – are promoting a World Vision campaign taken on by Skono Korea (under Norwegian fashion brand, Skono). They are sending 22,000 pairs of shoes to Swaziland as part of emergency relief supplies.
The leads of KBS2′s legal drama are currently sleeping less than two hours per night in order to film two episodes per week. The tight schedule is a result of the drama being pushed up two months due to SBS’s complaints against Magazine Allo. Fortunately, Partner‘s viewership went up over the past week from 7.7% (episode 4) to 12.1% (episode 5), surpassing Triple‘s weak 6.8%.
- Moon Hee Jun and his fan club distributed toys at Hansarang – a centre for children with disabilities – in Gwangju, Gyeonggi-do. The nature of the charitable activity was linked with his new mini album‘s title track, “Toy”.
- Kang Ji Hwan put on four kilograms of muscle to star in an Mnet “showcumentary” featuring his travels in Japan. He even brought along a trainer to help him get his body in shape for future filming at the country’s famous hot springs. Kang will be travelling all over Japan to film the series, 강지환의 어느날 어디선가 (loosely translated as Kang Ji Hwan’s Day Somewhere), which is expected to be broadcast from September to February.
The article’s in Korean, but check out 10asia for a collection of behind-the-scenes photos from Kang Ji Hwan’s recent fan meetings in Japan.
- Girls’ Generation (SNSD) were the second set of models for Warner Bros.’ The Sweet Love campaign, promoting adoptions. They modelled Tweety tees in Vogue’s July issue. (Han Hyo Joo, Lee Da Hae, and Park Ye Jin modelled in the June issue.) The campaign expected to run until October.
KP’s note: Commenter klamchops pointed out that there’s a phantom hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder in the photo directly above! ^^
- 2PM in Vogue Girl
- Park Shi Yeon (and rookie actor Jung Woo Jin) in Bali with High Cut
Ku Hye Sun is displaying her art work from July 1 to 7 at La Mer Gallery in Insadong. The exhibition is called Tango, which is also the title of her recently published book. She is generously donating the revenue from the exhibition to YG Entertainment’s charity campaign, WITH.
Actress Song Hye Kyo became Asia’s first-ever panda ambassador.
KP’s note: Are you sick of Photofixes yet? Hehe. Around this time of each month is when magazines release photos from the next month’s issue to the media – hence the flood of photos we’ve put up this week. Hope some of you are enjoying them! ^^
- Han Hyo Joo, Lee Da Hae, and Park Ye Jin were three of this year’s models for The Sweetest Love campaign, promoting adoptions. They modelled Warner Brothers’ Tweety tees in Vogue‘s June issue.
- Yoo Seung Ho models The North Face in Ceci (6/09)
- Jung Hye Young shows off her pregnant figure in Elle (6/09)