- Lee Byung Hun in MovieWeek - KP’s note: This is for commenter Rubie!
- Jung Yu Mi and Uhm Tae Woong of Chaw in MovieWeek
- Lee Hyori for Guess
KP’s note: A source close to Lee Hyori shot down rumours that she is quitting Family Outing.
*KP’s note: The majority of bloggers have translated the title as You’re Beautiful. Although I agree that it sounds better than You’re Handsome, minam (미남) refers to a good-looking male. Naver Dictionary translates minamja as “handsome man”. Hence, until the English title is confirmed, we will probably refer to the drama as You’re Handsome. Oh, and just to make things more confusing, Park Shin Hye is playing both a female and a male – the former who takes over the latter’s identity. His name happens to be Mi Nam. So who knows? Maybe the drama will be called You’re Minam. Read below the jump for further details.
PD Hong Sung Chang has confirmed that Jang Keun Suk and Park Shin Hye will star in his upcoming SBS drama series, You’re Handsome* (English title unconfirmed; 미남이시네요). He said that Jang and Park were cast because of their acting skills, and at ages 22 and 19 respectively, they are well-suited to convey “fresh” idol stars.
- Moon Chae Won looks tough for InStyle
- Three of National Athlete‘s leads – Kim Ji Suk, Kim Dong Wook, and Choi Jae Hwan – pose for Marie Claire
Actor Ha Jung Woo (né Kim Sung Hoon) has been making numerous appearances to promote National Athlete. In recent interviews, he has opened up about his family.
On a recent segment of Golden Fishery, Ha revealed for the first time that his parents divorced twelve years ago. This was big news to the media, as Ha’s father is veteran actor Kim Yong Gun (Swallow the Sun, Sons of Sol Pharmacy).
- Two Days and One Night (1N2D; 1박2일) will try to follow up its successful Audience Tour Special with a Foreigner Tour Special. Six foreigners residing in Korea were invited to join Kang Ho Dong, MC Mong, Kim C, Lee Su Geun, and Lee Seung Gi on a trip to Chungsando from August 5 to 6. The guests ranged in language abilities, but there were no translators used. The Foreigner Tour Special will be broadcast on August 16 and 23 on KBS2.
In other 1N2D news, there are currently discussions regarding whether or not Kim Jong Min will return as a regular member upon his completion of military service in December.
- On August 5, members of DC Inside (internet community portal) Jung Il Woo Gallery congratulated the actor’s 1000th day since his debut by sending rice cake snacks for the entire cast and crew of Jung’s new drama, My Fair Lady. The rice cakes were accompanied by several other gifts for the star.
- Tamra, the Island (also called Tamna the Island; 탐나는 도다)’s leads, Im Ju Hwan and Seo Woo have denied reports that they are dating. In an interview with Money Today’s Star News, Im stated that they are just good colleagues. (When asked, he responded that his last relationship was a couple of years ago with a fellow university student.) Since the Group Eight production filmed for four months last year in Jeju-do, the four main cast members – Seo Woo, Im Ju Hwan, Hwang Chan Bin, and Lee Sun Ho – grew very close. Tamra, the Island begins its broadcast this weekend at 7:55pm.
- Yashimmanman 2 broadcast its Brilliant Legacy special this week with guests Han Hyo Joo, Lee Seung Gi, Moon Chae Won, Bae Soo Bin, Kim Mi Sook, and Yoo Ji In. On the program, Moon Chae Won was asked which of her former co-stars she likes better – Lee Min Ho or Lee Seung Gi. Her response?
Lee Seung Gi!
- Style debuted last weekend on SBS with a strong viewership of approximately 17%. Although reviews were generally favourable, there was significant criticism towards E Ji Ah’s over-the-top acting as opposed to Kim Hye Soo’s strong performance as Editor Park Gi Ja.
- Cha Ye Ryun and Lee Dong Gun have supposedly ended their relationship – but sources close to Lee are claiming that the two were never dating in the first place and remain good friends.
Park Jung Ah of girl group Jewelry and Gil (né Gil Sung Joon) of hip-hop duo Leessang have been revealed to be in a relationship.
- Jin Goo (Swallow the Sun) models Spasso’s fall collection
- Lee Min Ho takes over as Trugen’s model from Zo In Sung
KP’s note: You can download Trugen’s catalogue, wallpapers, and desktop calendars featuring Lee Min Ho from the company website. Although the site is Korean, most of the main prompts are in English so it’s easy to navigate. Click on the second option Download (다운로드) under CLUB. Then, you should see three subheadings appear in Korean: catalogue (카탈로그), wallpaper (월페이퍼), and calendar (달력). Click on the DOWNLOAD icon under each picture to open or save the ZIP files.