Posts Tagged ‘Bi’
- Bi (Rain) trekked to the Alps for six days to do an Elle shoot for his clothing collection, Six to Five
- Siwon of Super Junior models Ray-Ban sunglasses in Elle
- Comedian Lee Hwi Jae is planning to enter Korea’s amateur soccer league, K3, next year. A source said that Lee wants to try playing on a bigger stage before it’s too late. Lee currently plays on a celebrity soccer team as well as a celebrity baseball team.
- Entertainer Bi (aka Rain), Seoul mayor Oh Se Hoon, and soccer player Park Ji Sung kicked off the ‘Infinitely Yours, Seoul’ charity event on July 23 at Hangang Citizen’s Park. Along with members of Manchester United, Bi and Park Ji Sung lent their star power for a charity event. Youth from Boys Town, a Catholic-run youth centre, were invited to participate in a soccer clinic run by Park Ji Sung, Gary Neville, Dimitar Beratov, Johnny Evans, and others. A charity bazaar for children’s organizations was held shortly after, with signed memorabilia and Bi’s Six to Five collection up for grabs.
- Viewers will see Korea’s 2002 World Cup star Ahn Jung Hwan shake hands with Joo Jin Mo on the first episode of Dream. However, the two actually never filmed together. The drama crew photoshopped images of various professional athletes to appear as if they were entering a contract with Nam Je Il (Joo Jin Mo’s character), who is Korea’s top sports agent. Dream premieres on July 27 on SBS.
- Bi held ‘2009 Rain’s Global Fan Meeting in Seoul’ for 3000 fans on July 26. With the concept of ‘Rain Theater’, close friend Kim Je Dong hosted the event. Kim Tae Woo (g.o.d) was the featured guest. Members of Bi’s fan club, the Clouds, also prepared a cake and a pile of presents to belatedly celebrate his 27th birthday.
Can you figure out which celebrities are in these photos? (Answers are in light grey at the bottom of the post.)
- Bi (Rain) and his former management, JYP Entertainment, have been ordered by court to pay up $8 million US to Click Entertainment for cancelling his Honolulu concert in 2007. Both defendants released statements saying that they are surprised by the unexpected outcome and are planning to appeal the decision.
- Actor Park Hae Jin (East of Eden) returned safely on March 18 from his volunteer trip to Africa with fellow East of Eden-er Cho Min Ki. Park said during the experience, “Before [I could be struck with] any sense of value and duty, feelings of regret that I had never known until now are strangling me.”
- Hwang Jung Min and Kim A Joong have been cast as the leads of upcoming KBS drama Six Months (식스먼스). This will be Hwang’s first drama project, and Kim’s first TV role since Bizarre Woman, Bizarre Man (별난여자 별난남자) wrapped three years ago. The drama creators have expressed confidence that Hwang and Kim’s respective star power will attract high numbers of viewers. Six Months will be about a postal office employee (Hwang) and top celebrity (Kim) who fall in love with each other. Other members of the cast include Lee Chung Ah (Chosun Police 2), Baek Sung Hyun (Kokkiri), Joo Sang Wook (Chun Ja’s Special Day), and Kim Gwang Gyu (The Secret of Keu Keu Island). The mini-series will be broadcast on Wednesday and Thursday evenings beginning in May.
- A representative from Lee Hyun Woo’s agency confirmed that the singer and his new wife are expecting a child in late October. The couple found out about the pregnancy after returning from their honeymoon.
Bi (also known as Jung Ji Hoon or Rain) is offering opportunities for low vision patients to receive free sight recovery surgery.
J.Tune Entertainment announced today that “Creating a Bright World” project was established in cooperation with Eye & Eye Clinic Center in Gangnam. They will provide complimentary treatment for some of Bi’s fans who cannot afford treatment for vision problems. Those eligible to apply are Bi’s official fan club members (called the Clouds), their family members, candidates recommended by Clouds, and any other Bi fans. Information on how to apply can be found on Rain’s official website. Two candidates will be selected to receive surgery each month.
The agency stated, “Beginning with this project, there are plans to increasingly offer a variety of services to Bi’s fans.”
Bi left for Berlin on the 14 of this month for post-production work on Ninja Assassin, to premiere later this year.