Posts Tagged ‘Big Bang’
- Big Bang (and photographer Terry Richardson) in Arena‘s June issue
- Kim Hye Soo (and photographer Terry Richardson) in Arena‘s June issue
Three different segments for the third Just4kix segment – SS501, a nip slip at JIFF, and Big Bang:
- On the set of shooting for a Le Coq Sportif catalogue, Hyun Joong and Jung Min pick on Hyung Joon
- It’s likely that nobody actually saw anything, but the Korean media is making a big deal out of Jo Ahn’s slip. The photo in the middle, however, captures the embarrassing moment pretty well.
- Big Bang looks like a bunch of little kids getting in big trouble. Maybe they ARE a bunch of little kids getting in big trouble?
KP’s note: The captions show what someone imagines (keyword – imagines) happened. Not actually true.
The group is endorsing Maeil’s Caffe Latte drinks. All of the photos – including the concert above – are in relation to the advertising campaign.
Correction (4/9): It’s Jessica Gomes, not Gomez; sorry! The video clip for Jessica Gomez Gomes and Lee Min Ho’s Cass commercial has been uploaded below.
- Big Bang modelled t-shirts designed by fellow YG artist, Sean, for a charity campaign by SBS Hope TV showcase. Their photos will be soon be seen on promotional posters for the campaign.
- On April 8, actress Kim Jung Eun attended a ceremony marking the founding of the Korea Handball Development Foundation. There, she was appointed as a PR ambassador for the organization.
Kim starred as an Olympic handball athlete in the 2007 film, Forever the Moment (Our Finest Moment / The Great Moment of Our Lives; 우리 생애 최고의 순간).
- New actress Lee Se Na (27) has been cast as Soon Ae in the film, Bu.San. Her and Yoo Seung Ho’s characters have a close relationship – almost like siblings. Soon Ae helps to restore the relationship between Jong Chul (Yoo) and his father.
She has already filmed some scenes with Yoo Seung Ho. Lee has previously worked with Yoo on the set of Brown Eyes’ music video for “Don’t Go, Don’t Go”. Lee Se Na’s big screen debut was earlier this year in Handphone, starring Park Yong Woo and Uhm Tae Woong.
- Lee Min Ho’s style has turned glam-rock to advertise Cass 2X beer. Cass 2X has the highest level of carbonate among domestic beers. For the drink’s release, he is shooting an MV and advertisements with Jessica Gomes – not to be confused with Jessica H.o. who raps on his digital single for Cass.
- Lee Jae Jin (29) of former hiphop group Sechs Kies was finally caught and arrested on April 8, one month since his initial disappearance from the military. Upon being permitted to leave for a few days to receive treatment for an illness on March 2, Lee didn’t return to his post in Gyeonggi-do. He was discovered to be staying at a motel in Daegu with a friend. He is currently being held and investigated by the army police.
Lee Jae Jin enlisted in August of 2008, just a few months after the death of his mother (his father passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2006). Lee is known to be suffering from severe depression.
- At 1pm on April 7, Kim Hyun Joong fulfilled his duty as a TONYMOLY brand model by holding a signing event for approximately 100 fans at Lotte Hotel in Sogong-dong.
In related (and belated) news, Kim Hyun Joong was hospitalized overnight on April 3 after fainting from exhaustion while shooting a CF for a sporting brand.
- Actor Ji Sung (New Heart) has been spending nine hours a day for the preparation of his leading role as Kim Jung Woo in the SBS drama, Swallow the Sun. For the past four months, he has been training in scuba diving, weight training, taekwondo, boxing, and security patrol. He also bought a motorcycle in order to practice riding for the role.
Ji Sung left for Johannesburg, South Africa with the cast and crew on March 26 to film in temperatures over 34 degrees Celsius. They will then relocate to Las Vegas, U.S.A. for further overseas filming. Swallow the Sun, commonly referred to as All In 2, will be broadcast starting July of this year.
- Solbi, Seung Ri, and Dae Sung have stepped down from their hosting duties on MBC Show! Music Core. The March 28 broadcast was their last since debuting on the program in May of 2008. Tiffany and Yuri of Girls’ Generation (SNSD) will take over as Music Core hosts on April 4.
- YG Entertainment has announced that Big Bang will not take on any activities this coming May. For the first time since their debut in 2006, the group’s members will have an entire month off for refreshment (as opposed to rest). Although the group as a whole will be on break, each member will still likely be busy. Dae Sung will continue his participation in Family Outing and T.O.P will be filming for IRIS. G-Dragon plans to spend a month travelling in Europe to explore fashion trends. Tae Yang and Seung Ri are scheduled to receive training from famous dancers and choreographers in America. Big Bang will then reunite to spend June and July in Japan, focusing on work again.
- SNSD’s Yuri shed tears in K.Will’s music video for the title song (“눈물이 뚝뚝”) of his new mini-album. Although this was her first time in a crying scene, Yuri said that tears flowed automatically as she heard the song. K.Will’s album, which was released on March 31, also includes the duet he recorded with Tiffany – “Girl, Meets Love”.
- Actor Ju Ji Hun and director Min Kyu Dong attended the Tokyo premiere of their movie, Antique, on March 30. Ju apologized to the crowd that the three other leads (Kim Jae Wook, Yoo Ah In, Choi Ji Ho) could not make it. The movie is based on Fumi Yoshinaga’s Japanese manga, Antique Bakery, which depicts the lives of four male employees at a bakery.
- On March 28, the Wonder Girls held their first full concert in Korea. ‘The 1st Wonder’ was a success with 8000 people (including their close friend, Park Tae Hwan) in attendance at the Olympic Fencing Arena. In addition to singing many of their hits, each member also performed a solo portion – Ye Eun, the famous “Killing Me Softly”; Sunye, “Ilwoljiga / Sun and Moon” (“일월지가”); Sohee, Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”; Sun Mi, “Invitation”; and Yubin, Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack”. Special guests 2AM performed their second single, “A Friend’s Confession”.
KP’s note: Oh my goodness. The Wonder Girls use(d) Twitter. Click here for their MySpace site, which provides links.
- Tablo’s response to a journalist asking, “Which person symbolizes people in their twenties?”:
Umm, Big Bang? [...] It’s a sincere answer. Big Bang is like the twentysomething generation. Out of them, Dae Sung is most like [it]. He’s not completely grown up yet, but he tries this and that without fear, and it’s good to see him enjoying himself whether he wants to something or not. Those in their twenties by nature don’t really know what their doing.
KP’s note: Sorry we’re late with a lot of stuff. As we wrote in KP’s Note 1 several hours ago, we’re struggling with a heavy workload. Ummmm… better late than never?
- Solbi’s face has healed since March 7, when Music Core viewers were alarmed to see that her face was swollen and questioned whether it was a result of gaining weight or plastic surgery. Solbi confirmed soon after that it was a bit of both – she had gotten some work done on her eyes, plus she claimed to have gained some weight during her break as well. However, she was back to normal by March 14.
- On March 21, Kim Jong Kook held his first concert in five years. The ’2009 Kim Jong Kook Concert Just Listen’ at Ehwa Women’s University had 3000 attendees, including Cha Tae Hyun, Yoon Eun Hye, and Hong Kyung Min. His Family Outing colleagues sent messages via video that were shown during the concert. Mikey from Kim’s old group, Turbo, was a guest rapper. His fellow agency members, Mighty Mouse, also joined Kim on stage.
- Son Ho Young had a fan meeting (‘Son Ho Young’s Birthday Party & Mini Concert’) on March 21 at Jayang-dong’s Noori Art Centre. The event was hosted by comedians, Lee Su Geun and Han Min Kwan. Former g.o.d. colleagues Danny Ahn and Kim Tae Woo were surprise guests, who joined Son on stage to sing g.o.d’s “0%”. This was Kim’s first public appearance since being discharged from the army in February. Ahn forgot part of the first verse, although he recovered to deliver a strong rap performance. Son revealed that this year, he has plans lined up for some small concerts in the summer as well acting projects.
*KP’s note: Lee and Han not kissing – they’re playing a game where they have to bite the candy between their teeth to be as small as possible.
- Kim Hye Ja returned safely from a volunteer trip in Sudan with World Vision. Her first overseas trip with the organization was back in 1992 when she visited Ethiopia. She particularly enjoys volunteering to work with children.
- YG Entertainment’s artists, Big Bang and “female Big Bang” are spokesmodels for LG Cyon’s Lollipop phone. The female group – Sandara Park, Park Bom, Kong Min Ji, and CL – will finally begin promotional activities with the release of their digital single, “Lollipop”, on March 27, followed by the first broadcast of the CF on March 28. However, the group will not officially debut until May 2009. G-Dragon is in charge of producing for the female group.
- Han Ji Hye left on March 23 for a two-week trip to Italy. The purpose of this trip is to receive training in preparation to create a celebrity line of shoes for designer Jinny Kim. Her experience in Itally will be recorded and then broadcast in May on cable channel Olive TV’s It’s a Beautiful Day – Vacations to Discover Dreams.
- Epik High opened their fully bilingual official site (http://mapthesoul.com) on March 21, only to have it crash shortly after due to the 300,000 hits. The site is now up and running. Of particular interest are the Map the Soul members’ blogs – check them out!
- Big Bang on a shoot for LG Cyon’s new mobile phone model, Lollipop (to debut on 3/20)
- Moon Chae Won and Lee Min Ho for Levi Strauss Signature, Spring ’09
KP’s note: She’s getting her hair all over the bread. O_o