Posts Tagged ‘Kang Ji Hwan’
- Couple Alert – Yoon Jin Seo and Lee Taek Keun have been confirmed as a couple by her agency. The actress and pro baseball athlete met while doing a photo shoot for Mnet’s Trend Report Feel – hosted by Yoon – in April and were introduced to each other by friends. They began dating in May. Yoon is currently filming Bimilae with Yoo Ji Tae while Lee is playing in the 2009 baseball season with the Woori Heroes.
- Lee Hyori and Ryoo Seung Beom are playing a long-time couple in a music video for hip-hop duo Leessang. For Leessang’s sixth album, Lee and Ryoo are starring in the MV for the title track as a couple who has been together for 10 years. Lee reportedly agreed to participate and moved around her schedule upon hearing that she would be working with siblings Ryoo Seung Beom and Ryoo Seung Wan. Ryoo Seung Wan is directing the video; he previously worked with Leessang on their “Ballerino” MV and in his 2008 film, Dachimawa Lee.
- The sixth episode of Style will feature cameos by 2ne1, FT Island, 2PM, Kang Ji Hwan, and Cha Ye Ryun. They filmed a party scene celebrating the 200th issue of Style magazine. The shoot took place in Itaewon on Monday, August 10. The episode will be broadcast on August 16. Style has already overcome the 20% mark in viewership after its fourth episode.
- Look at Alex’s and Ricky Neely Kim’s most recent photo essays here and here.
- Actor Jung Jae Young went bald for the first time in his acting career for a film role. He got his head shaved on July 8 in order to wear the wig that he needs to play an elderly man in Eekki (이끼). (KP’s note: I’m not sure what the English title will be because 이끼 is the Korean word for moss as well as the phrase “Dear me!/What a fright!”.)
This is the third film – following Silmido and Public Enemy Returns – with famed director Kang Woo Suk directing Jung Jae Young. The movie is a thriller about people who live alone without family in a rural village and the secrets that unravel as a young stranger enters. Park Hae Il, Yoo Joon Sang, and Yoo Hae Jin have also been cast and will begin filming in August.
- Kim Min Joon (Friend, Our Legend) received a minor injury while making a guest appearance on Family Outing. An agency representative for Kim said that the actor was paragliding when the wind suddenly changed directions and caught him off guard. Kim is able to appear on variety shows since Friend, Our Legend completed filming before broadcast began.
- Kim Dong Wook, Lee Dong Wook, and Kim Hyun Joo – currently starring in Partner – are promoting a World Vision campaign taken on by Skono Korea (under Norwegian fashion brand, Skono). They are sending 22,000 pairs of shoes to Swaziland as part of emergency relief supplies.
The leads of KBS2′s legal drama are currently sleeping less than two hours per night in order to film two episodes per week. The tight schedule is a result of the drama being pushed up two months due to SBS’s complaints against Magazine Allo. Fortunately, Partner‘s viewership went up over the past week from 7.7% (episode 4) to 12.1% (episode 5), surpassing Triple‘s weak 6.8%.
- Moon Hee Jun and his fan club distributed toys at Hansarang – a centre for children with disabilities – in Gwangju, Gyeonggi-do. The nature of the charitable activity was linked with his new mini album‘s title track, “Toy”.
- Kang Ji Hwan put on four kilograms of muscle to star in an Mnet “showcumentary” featuring his travels in Japan. He even brought along a trainer to help him get his body in shape for future filming at the country’s famous hot springs. Kang will be travelling all over Japan to film the series, 강지환의 어느날 어디선가 (loosely translated as Kang Ji Hwan’s Day Somewhere), which is expected to be broadcast from September to February.
The article’s in Korean, but check out 10asia for a collection of behind-the-scenes photos from Kang Ji Hwan’s recent fan meetings in Japan.
- Girls’ Generation (SNSD) adopt a “marine girl” concept to promote the upcoming release of “Tell Me Your Wish” (“소원을 말애봐”)
- Min Hyo Rin models shoes for Skechers
- Kang Ji Hwan is a playboy in Esquire
- Kang Ji Hwan & Kim Ha Neul in MovieWeek
- Uhm Jung Hwa & Kim Rae Won in MovieWeek
- Kim Ok Bin & Song Kang Ho in MovieWeek
- Kim Tae Woo in MovieWeek
Update (6/9): Seven of the eight segments have completed production. The segments will be released in theatres at the end of July and then simultaneously broadcast on Korea and Japanese television in October. Also, a couple of stills from Triangle have been released.
A massive Korea-Japan telecinema production consisting of seven two-hour segments is being created by various well-reputed Japanese screenwriters and Korean directors. Each mini-project will be broadcast as a two-part story on TV (Korea – SBS; Japan – Asahi TV), as well as be released as a film in theatres. They are rumoured to begin showing in September of 2009.
Out of the seven segments that were to be produced, six are already filmed or in the process of filming. The production company is currently in discussions with screenwriter Nojima Shinji about the possibility of making an eighth segment.
Go beyond the jump to read about the all-star cast (Cha In Pyo! Kang Hye Jung! Kang Ji Hwan!) and other released details of each segment.
KP’s note: This post will be updated as further details are released. They are still in the process of making changes; for example, Kim Suna just recently dropped out. Each time we update, we will make the post “sticky” so that it appears at the top of the blog’s front page and highlight the most recent additions or alterations. For this reason, we ask that this post not be copied and pasted onto other webpages until more information is finalized. Thank you.
Read the rest of this entry »