Posts Tagged ‘Kim Tae Woo’
- Still cuts from the making of Yoon Eun Hye’s Zipel refrigerator commercials are attracting attention.
- Sol Kyung Gu, Ryoo Seung Bum, and Han Hye Jin have been cast in the thriller [There's] No Forgiveness (용서는 없다). The film will feature the psychological showdown between a brutal murderer and Korea’s top professional autopsist. Sol has the role of National Institute of Scientific Investigation autopsist Kang Min Ho. Ryoo’s character is Lee Sung Ho, an environmental activist and killer. Han is playing Min Seo Young, a junior investigator who gets involved in the case because of her respect for Kang Min Ho.
In related news, newlyweds Sol Kyung Gu and Song Yoon Ah were able to leave for a brief and unexpected honeymoon due to No Forgiveness‘s filming start date being pushed back.
- Kim Tae Woo held two performances (May 30 and 31) at Seoul Chungmu Art Hall as part of the concert series, Stars On Stage. Fellow g.o.d members, Son Ho Young and Danny Ah, were special guests on May 30.
KP’s note: Danny Ahn’s and Son Ho Young’s heights are supposedly 181 and 177 centimetres, but they look much shorter next to Kim Tae Woo who stands at 190 centimetres tall.
- Actor Kim Dong Wook (National Athlete) is currently studying legal terminology in preparation for his role in KBS2 drama Partner. He has been cast as Yoon Joon, the youngest lawyer at law firm Leekim. Yoon Joon comes from a rich family. He has a sensitive, “four-dimensional” personality and comes up with proposals that nobody else would think of. Although he bickers constantly with Choi Soon Yi (Shin Yi), a workaholic colleague who is seven years his senior, the two fall for each other. His character will show the new generation’s way of thinking.
- Actor Kang Kyung Joon (26) entered military service on June 1. He said that given the opportunity, he would like to serve as an entertainment soldier. Kang is best known for his acting debut role starring alongside Ku Hye Sun, Han Hyo Joo, Tablo, Park Jin Woo, Hong Su Ah, Jo Jung Rin, Lee Min Woo, and Lee Jung in the MBC sitcom, Nonstop 5.
KP’s note: Not that it indicates a lack of patriotism or anything, but I’m surprised that he would choose to wear a USA t-shirt and NYPD cap while reporting for Korean military service. I’m even more surprised that netizens and the press aren’t ripping him apart for it.
- Solo singer AJ (born Lee Ki Kwang) will be changing his stage name in time for the release of his second album in July. On June 1, a source from Cube Entertainment announced that the decision was made on their end due to the greater-than-expected backlash from Paran fans for “copying” the name of the group’s youngest member. Although AJ (Ace Junior) debuted with the same name only after consultation with people representing Paran, netizens attacked AJ for adopting the same name. The Cube Entertainment spokesperson said that despite the controversy, they maintain a good relationship with Paran’s representatives.
- Kang Ji Hwan & Kim Ha Neul in MovieWeek
- Uhm Jung Hwa & Kim Rae Won in MovieWeek
- Kim Ok Bin & Song Kang Ho in MovieWeek
- Kim Tae Woo in MovieWeek
Actress Jo Ahn and singer-actor Lee Jee Hoon are serving as goodwill ambassadors for the 10th Jeonju International Film Festival.
The Jeonju International Film Festival (JIFF) kicked off its 10th year on April 30. The festival will exhibit 200 films from 42 countries until May 8.
Actors and directors hit the red carpet before the opening ceremony, with Jang Na Ra undoubtedly being the biggest star present.
Just a heads-up – we’re going into a two-week period of major deadlines so we may not be posting often. If we DO post often, that probably means we’re procrastinating and in big trouble. Also, can anybody tell us why it takes over an hour for most of our posts to show up on Google Reader? Does this mean that our updates are lagged on people’s blogrolls too?
We updated Minimix 16 with photos of Kim Myung Min’s current 58 kilogram physique – and it’s not pretty.
Keep reading for Ku Hye Sun’s clarification on a Season 2 of BOF, two photos in response to lafea‘s interest in Gong Yoo, and information (wanted by langit biru) on Kim Tae Woo’s upcoming performance.
KP’s note: Sorry we’re late with a lot of stuff. As we wrote in KP’s Note 1 several hours ago, we’re struggling with a heavy workload. Ummmm… better late than never?
- Solbi’s face has healed since March 7, when Music Core viewers were alarmed to see that her face was swollen and questioned whether it was a result of gaining weight or plastic surgery. Solbi confirmed soon after that it was a bit of both – she had gotten some work done on her eyes, plus she claimed to have gained some weight during her break as well. However, she was back to normal by March 14.
- On March 21, Kim Jong Kook held his first concert in five years. The ’2009 Kim Jong Kook Concert Just Listen’ at Ehwa Women’s University had 3000 attendees, including Cha Tae Hyun, Yoon Eun Hye, and Hong Kyung Min. His Family Outing colleagues sent messages via video that were shown during the concert. Mikey from Kim’s old group, Turbo, was a guest rapper. His fellow agency members, Mighty Mouse, also joined Kim on stage.
- Son Ho Young had a fan meeting (‘Son Ho Young’s Birthday Party & Mini Concert’) on March 21 at Jayang-dong’s Noori Art Centre. The event was hosted by comedians, Lee Su Geun and Han Min Kwan. Former g.o.d. colleagues Danny Ahn and Kim Tae Woo were surprise guests, who joined Son on stage to sing g.o.d’s “0%”. This was Kim’s first public appearance since being discharged from the army in February. Ahn forgot part of the first verse, although he recovered to deliver a strong rap performance. Son revealed that this year, he has plans lined up for some small concerts in the summer as well acting projects.
*KP’s note: Lee and Han not kissing – they’re playing a game where they have to bite the candy between their teeth to be as small as possible.
- Kim Hye Ja returned safely from a volunteer trip in Sudan with World Vision. Her first overseas trip with the organization was back in 1992 when she visited Ethiopia. She particularly enjoys volunteering to work with children.
- YG Entertainment’s artists, Big Bang and “female Big Bang” are spokesmodels for LG Cyon’s Lollipop phone. The female group – Sandara Park, Park Bom, Kong Min Ji, and CL – will finally begin promotional activities with the release of their digital single, “Lollipop”, on March 27, followed by the first broadcast of the CF on March 28. However, the group will not officially debut until May 2009. G-Dragon is in charge of producing for the female group.
- Han Ji Hye left on March 23 for a two-week trip to Italy. The purpose of this trip is to receive training in preparation to create a celebrity line of shoes for designer Jinny Kim. Her experience in Itally will be recorded and then broadcast in May on cable channel Olive TV’s It’s a Beautiful Day – Vacations to Discover Dreams.
- Epik High opened their fully bilingual official site (http://mapthesoul.com) on March 21, only to have it crash shortly after due to the 300,000 hits. The site is now up and running. Of particular interest are the Map the Soul members’ blogs – check them out!