Posts Tagged ‘Ku Hye Sun’
News regarding the cast, 2/22 – 2/28:
- Kim Hyun Joong is planning to go train in America for six months. The members of SS501 will be pursuing solo activities (activities – not careers) in 2010; hence, he intends to receive English lessons and dance training in the States. His agency said that nothing is finalized, for his plans must not conflict with SS501’s upcoming concert tour.
- Ku Hye Sun will soon add the label of author to her resume. Her novel – despite being only 90% complete thus far – will likely be published at the end of March.
- The F4 actors attended the 45th PaekSang Arts Awards, where Lee Min Ho and Kim Hyun Joong each walked away with an award.
- Two of Lee Min Ho’s old shows, Secret Campus (비밀의 교정) and Mackerel Run (달려라 고등어), are to be rerun on television. EBS will broadcast the 24 episodes of Secret Campus on Saturdays at 4:30pm. Eight-episode Mackerel Run – starring Lee and fellow Levi’s spokesmodel, Moon Chae Won – will be shown at 11am starting February 28 on cable network tvN.
- Following her car accident, Ku Hye Sun was adamant about returning to work on March 1 in order to complete filming for episodes 17 and 18. However, she is now getting more rest at the hospital under the doctor’s recommendation. In order to delay filming, a last-minute Boys Over Flowers’ F4 Special Talk Show is being prepared for March 2, and episode 17 will be shown on March 3. Episode 18 is now delayed to the following Monday.
- This Thursday’s broadcast of Happy Together will be a continuation of last week’s show with Ku Hye Sun, Kim Joon, and Kim Hyun Joong.
- March 6’s broadcast of Lee Hana’s Peppermint will feature a duet between YG artists Ku Hye Sun and Seung Ri, in addition to performances by Fly to the Sky, Yurisangja, and Guckkasten.
- Lee Min Ho will be holding a short autograph session at the end of March at a promotional event for Levi’s.
2/15 – 2/21:
- The role of Cha Eun Jae (Yi Jeong’s childhood friend and first love) will be cast within the next few days. Drama representatives admitted that the character was supposed to be cast at least a week ago, as she must make her first appearance on episode 17 or 18. Due to the popularity of BOF, there was stiff competition for the part. Auditions began one month ago, and the pool is now narrowed down to two actresses. Update (2/24): Park Soo Jin has been confirmed for the role.
- For Valentine’s, Ku Hye Sun presented chocolate boxes to over 70 members of the cast and crew. The gifts were purchased for approximately 1 million won (currently just under $700 USD) from a bakery managed by her older sister.
- Lee Min Ho will undergo surgery for his right leg in May. He will take some time off from work following the surgery. Min Ho injured the leg in a car accident a few years ago while leaving for a trip with fellow actor and friend, Jung Il Woo.
- Hai Ming, who played Ji Hu’s flamboyant friend in episode 14, is a member of music group A’st1 – pronounced A-style. (The group is Korean-based, but has Chinese, Japanese, and Korean members. They will be releasing another album in April.) He and Kim Hyun Joong belong to the same agency; hence, are good friends. Being fluent in Cantonese, he helped the group during their stay in Macau. He will not appear past episode 15.
- Lee Min Jung admitted in an interview that she felt pressure due to the various skills (martial arts, multilingualism, etc.) she had to have for her character. Luckily, she had two years of taekwondo lessons when she was young. She doesn’t speak Cantonese or Mandarin, so in order to memorize her lines, she had to ask a Chinese friend to tape record her lines. Lee listened to them around 1000 times to be as accurate as possible. When asked if her and Jun Pyo have scenes requiring physical intimacy (“skinship”), she replied that they do. Apparently, the skinship is a result of Jun Pyo feeling hurt and emotionally shaken from seeing Ji Hu and Jan Di grow closer.
- Kim Joon denied rumours that he would be quitting T-Max to focus on an acting career. An agency representative said that Kim would prioritize Boys Over Flowers during its broadcast; however, once filming completes in April, he will return to making music with T-MAX. T-MAX will release a full-length album in March and is planning for a Japan concert in May.
- BOF PD Jun Ki Sang had to change his phone number after filming began due to the excessive calls he kept getting from all of his acquaintances – “Can I make a cameo on the show?”, “Can I come to watch filming?”, etc. They became so disruptive that he obtained a new number to use for the next few months – however, he didn’t even give the number to his family! He only gave the phone number to members of the BOF cast and crew with strict instructions not to give it out to anybody else.
- Lee Min Ho filmed two CFs on the 17. One was for Orion Market O cookies, and filming took place at a cafe near Hongdae. The butler from BOF appears with him. Lee gave boxes of these cookies to the BOF production crew as a “thank you” for their hard work.
- Kim So Eun got in trouble for arriving almost six hours late for filming Jun Pyo’s birthday party.
- Ku Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Joon will appear on February 26’s broadcast of KBS2 Happy Together Season 3. The other cast members are not able to appear due to scheduling conflicts.
- Kim Joon will give viewers a tour of his home on February 27’s broadcast of MBC program 오늘 밤만 제워줘 (loose translation – Let Me Stay Over Tonight).
KP’s note: After seeing an English version of the Hana Yori Dango manga as well as the following poster, we will refer to the drama as Boys Over Flowers rather than Boys Before Flowers. Start searching for us under Boys Over Flowers please! Sorry for the confusion!
Drama and cast-related news, 2/8 – 2/14:
- Kim So Eun stated that if she didn’t make it as an actress, she would have chosen to be a professional skiier.
- After receiving surgery and getting some rest following his second car accident within a month, Kim Beom was discharged from the hospital. He returned to set on the afternoon of February 13 to film a poolside scene that day with F4 and Jan Di. However, his manager said that Kim is still wearing a cast and will go in and out of the hospital for the next three weeks. They are working to modify his scenes to put the least amount of stress on his foot as possible.
- Kim Joon and Ku Hye Sun will participate in famous fashion designer Andre Kim’s Beijing show on April 22. This will be Ku Hye Sun’s third time modelling for Andre Kim; the first being in 2007 with Go Joo Won and the second in 2008 with Song Chang Ui. Kim Beom, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Beom’s participation is uncertain due to potential conflict with promotional activities in Japan. However, they will model for the UNICEF fashion show at the end of April.
- Tickets for the Japanese fan meeting sold out so quickly that they are now holding two meetings to accommodate more people.
- KBS is pushing for a two-episode extension of the show. However, it is considered to be unlikely, as contracts with Kamio Yoko, the cast, and crew would all have to be renegotiated.
- Lee Min Ho’s childhood photos are being passed around like candy on the internet. Click here for some of his childhood photos along with a Korean article. The one below is noted in particular because the man in the picture is Cha Bum-Kun, current coach of the Suwon Samsung Bluewings and father of Cha Du-Ri. His mom enrolled him in Cha Bum-Kun’s soccer academy during elementary school to strengthen his body. Min Ho showed talent, so they were considering sending him to a middle school where he could play soccer. However, in fifth grade, he broke his right arm while playing another school team and quit playing for good. He is now ambidextrous due to the months when he had to use his left hand to do everything.
Did you miss anything this past week? KP’s previous coverage:
Update 2: Kim Beom went through minor surgery to get stitches on his toe, which was injured when the car he was riding (as a passenger) hit a guardrail at approximately 7am. Two others were also injured.
Update 1: Kim Beom was in yet another automobile accident (2/9 early morning). He received a minor foot injury (cut) and went to the hospital emergency room. A representative at the hospital said that despite the fact that it was a minor injury, Kim Beom will likely be admitted to rest at the hospital since this was his second accident within a week.
KP’s note: We have changed the spelling of Ji Hoo’s name to Ji Hu and Yi Jung’s to Yi Jeong, since that’s the way they’re spelled on the name plates on their desks (shown in photos). Also, please vote in the poll on the right side of the page to give us an idea of how we’re doing! You can also let us know what specific subjects (within Korean entertainment) you want us to write about by leaving a comment here!
Gyeonggi-Do Yangpyeong English Village, February 8 afternoon – filming summary (WARNING: spoilers ahead)
4:30pm – Jun Pyo goes to meet Jan Di at school, and tries to pick a fight. “Is Ga Eul more important to you? Or am I more important to you?” he asks.
5:30pm – After wrapping their outdoor shoot, the crew works quickly. Why? They haven’t finished shooting for the episodes to be broadcast this week! F4’s Shin-hwa classroom is actually located in the English village. Shooting scenes for the class begins.
6:10pm – The cast gets time for a break – however, the actors didn’t get a minute to rest, as they spent the entire time signing autographs for fans.
6:30pm – Ji Hu, Yi Jeong, Woo Bin are heading up the stairs, while Jun Pyo and Jae Ha are at the top. Jae Ha is heard apologizing to Jun Pyo. Due to the numerous NG’s (mistakes), the actors appear quite tired. However, they continue to put in their full effort. Finally, the PD cries, “Good!” and it’s a wrap! ……… for now. The cast is told that they will have to film overnight. However, the brighten up like children at the words, “Let’s go eat!”
- There was an action scene between Jun Pyo and Jae Ha. After many takes, the PD asked them to fight with stronger force. Lee Min Ho made the cast and crew laugh when he apologized to Jung Eui Chul in advance – “Sorry. But I’m going to step on you”.
Gallery (in chronological order)
The cast and crew of Boys Over Flowers were on location at Muju Ski Resort.
Observant netizens have pointed out that Ji Hu (Kim Hyun Joong) is wearing Jan Di’s mittens (that he has been holding onto since she left them at his house several episodes back).
In related news, Boys Over Flowers (the Korean version) will be broadcast every Sunday starting April 12 on MNet Japan (cable TV), with a fan meeting on April 16 at Tokyo Dome City’s JCB Hall. The show will then be broadcast on Tokyo TV in July.
The F4 actors are also in preliminary discussions to host their own KBS talk show program. However, with all four actors having other commitments post-Boys Over Flowers – (Kim Beom has two movie projects; Lee Min Ho needs surgery to remove a metal rod from his leg; Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Joon have their respective music groups), it is very uncertain as to whether their schedules would allow participation in such a program in the near future.
Q: Why are so many of your posts on Boys Before Flowers?
A: Please refer to http://kpculture.wordpress.com/curious.