Posts Tagged ‘Ku Hye Sun’
KP’s note: After seeing an English version of the Hana Yori Dango manga as well as the following poster, we will refer to the drama as Boys Over Flowers rather than Boys Before Flowers. Start searching for us under Boys Over Flowers please! Sorry for the confusion!
Drama and cast-related news, 2/8 – 2/14:
- Kim So Eun stated that if she didn’t make it as an actress, she would have chosen to be a professional skiier.
- After receiving surgery and getting some rest following his second car accident within a month, Kim Beom was discharged from the hospital. He returned to set on the afternoon of February 13 to film a poolside scene that day with F4 and Jan Di. However, his manager said that Kim is still wearing a cast and will go in and out of the hospital for the next three weeks. They are working to modify his scenes to put the least amount of stress on his foot as possible.
- Kim Joon and Ku Hye Sun will participate in famous fashion designer Andre Kim’s Beijing show on April 22. This will be Ku Hye Sun’s third time modelling for Andre Kim; the first being in 2007 with Go Joo Won and the second in 2008 with Song Chang Ui. Kim Beom, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Beom’s participation is uncertain due to potential conflict with promotional activities in Japan. However, they will model for the UNICEF fashion show at the end of April.
- Tickets for the Japanese fan meeting sold out so quickly that they are now holding two meetings to accommodate more people.
- KBS is pushing for a two-episode extension of the show. However, it is considered to be unlikely, as contracts with Kamio Yoko, the cast, and crew would all have to be renegotiated.
- Lee Min Ho’s childhood photos are being passed around like candy on the internet. Click here for some of his childhood photos along with a Korean article. The one below is noted in particular because the man in the picture is Cha Bum-Kun, current coach of the Suwon Samsung Bluewings and father of Cha Du-Ri. His mom enrolled him in Cha Bum-Kun’s soccer academy during elementary school to strengthen his body. Min Ho showed talent, so they were considering sending him to a middle school where he could play soccer. However, in fifth grade, he broke his right arm while playing another school team and quit playing for good. He is now ambidextrous due to the months when he had to use his left hand to do everything.
Did you miss anything this past week? KP’s previous coverage:
Update 2: Kim Beom went through minor surgery to get stitches on his toe, which was injured when the car he was riding (as a passenger) hit a guardrail at approximately 7am. Two others were also injured.
Update 1: Kim Beom was in yet another automobile accident (2/9 early morning). He received a minor foot injury (cut) and went to the hospital emergency room. A representative at the hospital said that despite the fact that it was a minor injury, Kim Beom will likely be admitted to rest at the hospital since this was his second accident within a week.
KP’s note: We have changed the spelling of Ji Hoo’s name to Ji Hu and Yi Jung’s to Yi Jeong, since that’s the way they’re spelled on the name plates on their desks (shown in photos). Also, please vote in the poll on the right side of the page to give us an idea of how we’re doing! You can also let us know what specific subjects (within Korean entertainment) you want us to write about by leaving a comment here!
Gyeonggi-Do Yangpyeong English Village, February 8 afternoon – filming summary (WARNING: spoilers ahead)
4:30pm – Jun Pyo goes to meet Jan Di at school, and tries to pick a fight. “Is Ga Eul more important to you? Or am I more important to you?” he asks.
5:30pm – After wrapping their outdoor shoot, the crew works quickly. Why? They haven’t finished shooting for the episodes to be broadcast this week! F4’s Shin-hwa classroom is actually located in the English village. Shooting scenes for the class begins.
6:10pm – The cast gets time for a break – however, the actors didn’t get a minute to rest, as they spent the entire time signing autographs for fans.
6:30pm – Ji Hu, Yi Jeong, Woo Bin are heading up the stairs, while Jun Pyo and Jae Ha are at the top. Jae Ha is heard apologizing to Jun Pyo. Due to the numerous NG’s (mistakes), the actors appear quite tired. However, they continue to put in their full effort. Finally, the PD cries, “Good!” and it’s a wrap! ……… for now. The cast is told that they will have to film overnight. However, the brighten up like children at the words, “Let’s go eat!”
- There was an action scene between Jun Pyo and Jae Ha. After many takes, the PD asked them to fight with stronger force. Lee Min Ho made the cast and crew laugh when he apologized to Jung Eui Chul in advance – “Sorry. But I’m going to step on you”.
Gallery (in chronological order)
The cast and crew of Boys Over Flowers were on location at Muju Ski Resort.
Observant netizens have pointed out that Ji Hu (Kim Hyun Joong) is wearing Jan Di’s mittens (that he has been holding onto since she left them at his house several episodes back).
In related news, Boys Over Flowers (the Korean version) will be broadcast every Sunday starting April 12 on MNet Japan (cable TV), with a fan meeting on April 16 at Tokyo Dome City’s JCB Hall. The show will then be broadcast on Tokyo TV in July.
The F4 actors are also in preliminary discussions to host their own KBS talk show program. However, with all four actors having other commitments post-Boys Over Flowers – (Kim Beom has two movie projects; Lee Min Ho needs surgery to remove a metal rod from his leg; Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Joon have their respective music groups), it is very uncertain as to whether their schedules would allow participation in such a program in the near future.
Q: Why are so many of your posts on Boys Before Flowers?
A: Please refer to http://kpculture.wordpress.com/curious.