Posts Tagged ‘Lee Min Jung’
Can you figure out which celebrities are in these photos? (Answers are in light grey below.)
Hints (clockwise from top left – we’ll make these easier since baby photos are more difficult to identify):
- He explained what happiness is to Keum Jan Di
- He is one of SM’s 13
- She was blooming in 2007
- He is Korea’s most beloved grasshopper
- She was Gu Jun Pyo’s female counterpart before heading into the white night
- She lived in a full house
- He sang a prayer for Alicia Keys
- She is the youngest member of a girl group
- Lee Min Jung in Vogue Girl
KP’s note: At first glance I thought she looked similar to Yoon Eun Hye in these photos, no?
- Min Hyo Rin in Nylon
- Yoo Seung Ho advertises Choco Heim biscuits
On mobile technology:
- SHINee went to New Zealand in March for a photo shoot with Mobile Style Blog that was just released
KP’s note: Usually we don’t write what (or who) they’re wearing in photo shoots, but I like the “urban edge” style that InStyle chose for Lee Min Jung, so the designers are listed for your information.
Dress by Alexander McQueen. (KP’s note: Victoria Beckham caused a stir when she wore this slimming dress from Alexander McQueen’s Resort 2009 collection out for dinner a few months ago. It was a gift from the designer himself.)
Tube dress by Talk Service, silk balloon dress by Comme des Garcon by 10 Corso Como, hairband by Christopher Copen at Tom Greyhound Downstairs.
Dress by Narciso Rodriguez at Boon the Shop, veil by Loewe.
Knit by ZOOC, blouse by Rocco Barocco, mini dress by MAG&LOGAN
Hooded knit by Kuho, sleeveless jacket by Martin Margiela.
See-through knit by ZOOC, chunky knit by Comme des Garcons at Boon the Shop, leggings by Woodry.
Dress by Louis Vuitton, belt by Gucci, fedora by Accessorize.
Dress by Dries Van Noten, leggings by American Apparel, booties by Sisley, hairband by May’s May.
KP’s note: I don’t know why stylists insists on putting his hair like this….
KP’s note: This post is in reverse chronological order. Start from the bottom for episodes 13 and on.
The ending scene (photo included) is beyond the jump. All of the spoilers regarding the four year jump are written below in a very light colour , so highlight it to read everything. We’re warning you now – if you want to keep some element of surprise for the finale, don’t read any further.
3/15 – 3/22 (KP’s note: This week’s stuff is pretty interesting, even if I do say so myself….. Plus, I haven’t seen the first item on any other English blogs.)
- The users of DC Inside (internet forum) Lee Min Ho Gallery held an event of delivering presents on March 14. The fans prepared for approximately a month to purchase gifts for Lee Min Ho and some of the other BOF cast members. They also bought snacks for the entire cast and crew. Most of the presents for the actors were related to their respective drama characters. The gifts included:
- hair treatment products, bath products, handcream, nutrients, a pillow, a refrigerator/heating cabinet for the car, tumeric powder, a fruit lunchbox, an invitation card to the gallery, and safflower concentrated liquid (for his leg) for Lee Min Ho;
- reciepts to prove the purchase of five T-Max CDs, organic juice, and sausages which have a similar name to T-Max for Kim Joon;
- 500 won coins and apples for Ku Hye sun;
- a hotcake set, a 119 armband (119 is Korea’s 911 emergency number), Yakgwa snacks (the ones that Ji Hu likes), and elevating insoles (in-shoe lifts) for Kim Hyun Joong;
- white papers on romance – (KP’s note: the article says that the books were about dating but netizens say that they were books on sex education) – and the novel Night At The Museum for Kim Beom;
- a toy camera for Kim So Eun;
- a box of instant ramen for Lee Min Jung;
- and a pack of salt and a massage machine for Lee Hye Young.
Although they likely had good intentions, the group is being criticized heavily by netizens for the presents they chose to give to F3 and Lee Hye Young. Many said that it was original and amusing, but others said that some presents were inappropriate and rude. They were particularly upset with the salt given to Lee Hye Young because she is a daesunbae (대선배 – high-ranking work/industry senior).
- Kim Hyun Joong is having a fan meeting at Olympic Park in Seoul on March 31 at 9pm. This event is titled ‘Good bye Yoon Ji Hu’ and the reason for the late start time is because Kim plans to watch the last Boys Over Flowers episode with the attendees. Admission is free and it is on first come, first served basis (although 1200 tickets have been reserved for members of his official fan club. A representative of Kim’s agency said that Kim planned this event at his own expense (approximately $80,000 US) to show his appreciation for the many fans that have shown love for Yoon Ji Hu in Boys Over Flowers. All the members of SS501 will attend the fan meeting as well and sing “Because I am Stupid” from the Boys Over Flowers OST’. On March 14, Kim has posted a picture of ring-shaped candies on his official homepage with the message: “A bigger present than the candies will be brought to you soon. Around next week? I wanted to do something for you with money I earned”. His fans were wondering what the present was going to be. Kim then announced the fan meeting through video on his official homepage on March 18.
- Kim Beom is having his first official fan meeting in Korea on April 12. The venue and the number of people to be invited have yet to be decided. He has held a few simple events such as a birthday party or a fan autograph session but no fan meeting in the country yet, whereas he had 2 fan meetings in Japan last October. A close associate of Kim’s said that the event has been planned with a grateful heart, and because Kim wanted to comply with his fans’ passionate and constant request for a fan meeting. Kim said, “I will do my best to make the event warm and pleasant.”
- Lee Min Jung explained how she managed to avoid the car accidents that plagued the BOF cast during the past few months. Two managers took turns driving her to and fro shoots. No matter how rushed they were, they didn’t drive beyond the speed limit. Also, she said, “My mother prayed a lot throughout the entire filming. I think I was able to safely complete filming thanks to her. Last month, my father sent me a text message advising me to be careful of car accidents because he had a strange dream. That was the day Ku Hye Sun got into an accident.” Her final day of filming for BOF was on March 15.
- Kim Hyun Joong appeared on the March 20 broadcast of MBC Section TV Entertainment Report. Although Kim has even filmed a kiss scene with Ku Hye Sun, he said that they are still on awkward terms. They still use formal speech (존댓말) to each other. (KP’s note: The assumption is that Ku Hye Sun is not comfortable with Kim Hyun Joong; being two years older than him, she would be the one to make the first move to informal speech.) He sent a video message through the show to Ku saying, “I want to become closer to you. I want to break down the invisible wall.”
- On the same show, Kim Hyun Joong also talked about the fast food chicken restaurant that he and his friends own. He said that following his admission that he operates a chicken restaurant with his friends, the restaurant received so many prank calls that they had to temporarily close it down. However, Kim and his friends will reopen their restaurant at a larger venue due to the rising demand in customers (and fans).
(KP’s note: Why is he advertising for another fast food chicken company if he has his own??? I don’t understand.)
- Kim Joon, Kim Beom, and Kim Hyun Joong took part in Coach Tastemaker Totes Project. Theirs are part of approximately 20 celebrity-designed totes being auctioned to benefit Childfund Korea.
3/1 – 3/7
- Jang Ja Yeon (Sunny of BOF‘s Jin-Sun-Mi trio) committed suicide by hanging herself. She was found dead on March 7 by her older sister, who said that Ja Yeon battled with depression for awhile. Ja Yeon’s sister is the sole surviving member of the family, as their parents died in a car accident about a decade ago.
- Many were surprised to find out that Lee Min Ho is a smoker through paparazzi shots of him smoking during break of a CF shoot. (KP’s note: He’s been pretty open about his smoking habits, so I’m not quite sure why people are so surprised. His minihompy has photos that date back a few years of him smoking. The examples below were put together by kpculture.)
- Following episode 17′s broadcast, netizens expressed their dissatisfaction over Park Soo Jin’s and Kim Jong Jin’s acting skills (or lack thereof). Park plays So Yi Jeong’s first love, Cha Eun Jae, while Kim plays Yi Jeong’s father.
- Lee Min Jung has been cast as an executive secretary in Baek-ya-haeng – Into the White Night (백야행 – 하얀 어둠 속을 걷다), the movie adaptation of Keigo Higashino’s novel Byakuyoku. Han Seok Gyu, Son Ye Jin, Go Soo, and Joo Da Yeong star, and began filming on March 1.
- It has been confirmed that the show will be extended until March 31, when episode 25 will be broadcast.