Posts Tagged ‘Moon Geun Young’
- Song Joong Ki in Ceci
- Elle photographed 20 notable women for its 200th issue – subjects included models Han Hye Jin (Han Jin), Jang Yoon Ju, and Song Kyung Ah, 2008 Olympics weightlifting gold medallist Jang Mi-Ran, singer Lee Hyori, and actress Moon Geun Young
MovieWeek ran a special featuring the top 10 beautiful faces among male and female celebrities, as chosen by various photographers. The photos are from several different sources over some period of time.
- top 10 beautiful females: Kim Hye Soo, Shin Mina, Han Ye Seul, Lee Na Young, Son Ye Jin, Su Ae, Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Soo Jung, Kim Ok Bin, Moon Geun Young
(Han Ye Seul and Son Ye Jin’s photos are labelled with the wrong number; they should be 03 and 05 respectively.)
- Singer-DJ Koo Jun Yup is holding a press conference on May 6 to address rumours about being involved with drugs. It is reportedly out of concern for his mother’s health that DJ.Koo is making it clear that he should not be accused of doing drugs every time a celebrity drug scandal breaks out. He feels wronged, as May 2 was the third time he has been investigated by the police for drug abuse in his lifetime, solely based on the fact that he is a club DJ. A source close to Koo said that he doesn’t even smoke and is concerned at how the accusations cause stress to his family members.
- Lee Ha Na (26) and Ahn Sung Ki (57) are lovers in the melodramatic film, Fair Love (페어 러브), which began filming this month. Ahn plays a middle-aged photographer who begins seeing a 26-year-old university student at the request of his friend. As he falls in love with the young woman, he rediscovers purpose in his life. Fair Love is a low-budget film being produced with less than $800,000 USD.
- Xiah Junsu of TVXQ/DBSK injured his leg during rehearsal on May 3, forcing him to perform on stage in a wheelchair at the Kobe concert on May 4. Despite obviously being unable to dance, Junsu still sang all of his parts as planned. DBSK’s ‘2009 – The Secret Code’ tour will hit 10 Japanese cities in coming months.
- Click here for the teaser to an extended commercial for LG’s OZ service. This is part of OZ generation’s ‘We Start‘ campaign starring Kim Beom, Kim Min Ji, Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Yeon Hee, Kim Kibum, and Choi Ara. The theme song, “We Live in Oz”, is by Clazziquai (vocals by Horan).
- Moon Geun Young showed off a different side at her fan meeting on May 2 at her current school, Sungkyunkwan University. She practiced with pro dance group, Friends, for two weeks to perform in front of approximately 700 fans in attendance.
The event was also in celebration of her 22nd birthday. Painter of the Wind co-star Moon Chae Won made a special appearance, while Kim Tae Hee and Bae Soo Bin were among several who video-recorded their congratulatory messages. Members of her fan club, Angels, brought Moon Geun Young to tears upon surprising her with a video message from children at Ends of the Earth Study Room and the announcement that they donated books and supplies to the facility.
- MC Mong put up a picture on his minihompy of himself and girlfriend Joo Ah Min. The caption read, “The happiness of my life”.
- Actress Choi Jung Won (The Kingdom of the Winds) visited Bangladesh last week to volunteer with children in poverty. In particular, she made ties with three siblings who are living with their grandparents in a difficult financial situation. Choi promised to send the monthly support to lighten the burden on the eldest sibling who, at age 15, is supporting the family with his low income as a rickshaw driver. By doing so, she is giving the eldest sibling an opportunity to upgrade his education at a vocational school. She returned before the weekend to host the Children’s Day (first Sunday of each May) special, ‘Love Concert to Give Hope to Children of the Global Village’.
- A week away from his musical comeback, Jun Jin seriously injured his wrist while filming Infinity Challenge on April 30. Despite the injury, he did a photo shoot for his upcoming mini-album’s jacket cover on May 1 and filmed the music video overnight on May 2. Jun Jin is planning to go ahead as planned and perform on Show! Music Core on May 9 to promote his mini-album, which is being released on the same day. He has been recommended to get surgery shortly.
- Brilliant Legacy is off to a strong start. Within two weeks, it gained the top position among weekend dramas with a viewership of 23.2%. KBS historical drama, Iron Empress, pulled in 16.5%, while new MBC sports drama, Strike Love, trailed at 7.7%.
- In honour of Kim Hye Ja’s extensive volunteer work and charitable donations for children in Africa, a welfare centre bearing the actress’s name will be established and built by 2010. Young An Corporation and World Vision are joining forces to build a facility in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, for the protection and education of children in poverty. Kim Hye Ja stated that she will bear responsibility worthy of the facility bearing her name.
In relation, Kim recently visited Sudan with World Vision and donated 40 million won to build a health centre in the city of Tonj.
- Actress Moon Geun Young is donating a facility in Haenam, South Jeolla-do to Good People (NGO) to continue being run as a study centre. In 2006, Moon stepped in with 300 million won upon hearing that the study centre being run by pastor Bae Yo Seob and his wife would have to shut down due to financial difficulties. She had a facility built specifically for the Christian-run Ends of the Earth Study Room (땅끝 공부방) that includes a library, computer lab, and cafeteria. Now, she is turning over the building ownership to the international NGO (after Bae declined). Moon stated, “Although I’m actually Buddhist, the heart I have for children in hardship [doesn’t discriminate]. I hope that the children at Ends of the Earth Study Room will remain happy and healthy.” A ceremony to commemmorate the donation was held at the centre today.
- Singer-actor Andy will contribute part of the proceeds from his April 25 fan meeting (‘First Love in China’) in Chengdu, China to help disabled children. Last November, Andy donated money to help children with heart disease in Qingdao after his fan meeting in the city.
- Celebrities Lee Jin Uk, Park Jin Hee, and Sean (with son, Noh Ha Rang in a stroller) participated in Aveda’s Walk for Water walkathon. Any citizen could participate in the six kilometre course starting at Seoul’s Cheonggyecheon Plaza to promote the protection of clean water for Earth Month 2009. With the slogan “Clean Water: it only takes baby steps”, Aveda offered to donate one won for each metre walked by each person (maximum 6,000 won per person).
The 45th PaekSang Arts Awards took place on the evening of February 27 at Seoul Olympic Park’s Olympic Hall.
- Best TV Drama: KBS Mom’s Dead Upset
- Best Variety Show: KBS Gag Concert
- Best Educational Program: SBS Dokdo’s Choice
- Best Director: Shin Woo Chul, SBS On Air
- Best New Director: Bong Sung Chul, SBS Star’s Lover
- Best Screenwriter: Yoo Hyun Mi, SBS The Scale of Providence
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Lee Soon Jae, Mom’s Dead Upset
- Daesang: Kim Hye Ja, KBS Angry Mom
- Best Actor: Kim Myung Min, MBC Beethoven Virus
- Best Actress: Moon Geun Young, SBS The Painter of the Wind
- Best Newcomer Actor: Lee Min Ho, KBS Boys Over Flowers
- Best Newcomer Actress: Im Yoona, KBS You Are My Destiny
- Best Male TV Entertainer: Kim Byung Man, KBS Gag Concert
- Best Female TV Entertainer: Park Mi Sun, MBC Sunday Sunday Night
- Popularity Award (Male): Kim Hyun Joong, KBS Boys Over Flowers
- Popularity Award (Female): Im Yoona, KBS You Are My Destiny
- Best Film: Celebrate Our Love
- Best New Director: Lee Chung Ryul, Old Partner
- Best Screenwriter: Kang Hyung Chul, Speed Scandal
- Daesang: Kang Woo Suk, Public Enemy Returns
- Best Actor: Joo Jin Mo, A Frozen Flower
- Best Actress: Son Ye Jin, My Wife Got Married
- Best Newcomer Actor: So Ji Sub and Kang Ji Hwan, A Movie is a Movie (also known as Rough Cut)
- Best Newcomer Actress: Park Bo Young, Speed Scandal
- Popularity Award (Male): Ju Ji Hun, Antique Bakery
- Popularity Award (Female): Park Bo Young, Speed Scandal
First of all, we realize that we’re the only ones who spell it as PaekSang instead of Baeksang. This is in accordance with the spelling found on the official website. Nowadays, Baeksang is more correct – just like the city of Pusan is now Busan – however, we’ll stick with the official version for now.
Keep reading for fashions, quotes, and more!