Posts Tagged ‘Music Core’
- Actor Lee Dong Gun received permission to postpone his army enlistment once again due to health reasons. Although he was supposed to enlist on July 26, he now has one more year before he must enlist. Lee was born in 1980, which means that he must join the army by next year since the maximum entrance age is 30. Lee Dong Gun is holding a fan meeting in Gangnam, Seoul today.
- Kim Suna admitted on KBS2’s Guerilla Date that there was a man she wanted to marry. At the time she caught the bouquet at close friend Kim Won Hee’s wedding, she was dating someone with potential for marriage. Kim also revealed that she has agreed to go on three-on-three blind dates (called meetings in Korean) with celebrity friends Kim Jung Eun and Chae Rim.
- Hwang Jung Eum (We Got Married) has been cast in Unstoppable High Kick 2, which will replace TaeHee/HyeKyo/JiHyun on MBC in September. She joins Lee Soon Jae, Jeong Bo Seok, Oh Hyun Kyung, and Kim Ja Ok on the sitcom.
- Yoo Jae Suk’s appearance on Music Core increased viewership to 9.9% from its regular 5-6%. Yoo, Tiger JK, and T (Yoon Mi Rae) collaborated as Future Liger and sang “Let’s Dance”. The collaboration is part of an Infinity Challenge special featuring each of the seven members teaming up with a musical artist to create and perform a song. The other partnerships were Park Myung Soo-Jessica (SNSD), Jung Joon Ha-After School, Jung Hyun Don-Epik High, Noh Hong Chul-No Brain, Jun Jin-Lee Jung Hyun, and Gil-Yoon Do Hyun Band.
- Jung Hyung Don and Noh Hong Chul had to do 14 takes of an underwater kiss scene during Infinity Challenge‘s 2010 calendar photo shoot. This was broadcast on July 18’s episode of Infinity Challenge.
- Actor Ji Sung (New Heart) has been spending nine hours a day for the preparation of his leading role as Kim Jung Woo in the SBS drama, Swallow the Sun. For the past four months, he has been training in scuba diving, weight training, taekwondo, boxing, and security patrol. He also bought a motorcycle in order to practice riding for the role.
Ji Sung left for Johannesburg, South Africa with the cast and crew on March 26 to film in temperatures over 34 degrees Celsius. They will then relocate to Las Vegas, U.S.A. for further overseas filming. Swallow the Sun, commonly referred to as All In 2, will be broadcast starting July of this year.
- Solbi, Seung Ri, and Dae Sung have stepped down from their hosting duties on MBC Show! Music Core. The March 28 broadcast was their last since debuting on the program in May of 2008. Tiffany and Yuri of Girls’ Generation (SNSD) will take over as Music Core hosts on April 4.
- YG Entertainment has announced that Big Bang will not take on any activities this coming May. For the first time since their debut in 2006, the group’s members will have an entire month off for refreshment (as opposed to rest). Although the group as a whole will be on break, each member will still likely be busy. Dae Sung will continue his participation in Family Outing and T.O.P will be filming for IRIS. G-Dragon plans to spend a month travelling in Europe to explore fashion trends. Tae Yang and Seung Ri are scheduled to receive training from famous dancers and choreographers in America. Big Bang will then reunite to spend June and July in Japan, focusing on work again.
- SNSD’s Yuri shed tears in K.Will’s music video for the title song (“눈물이 뚝뚝”) of his new mini-album. Although this was her first time in a crying scene, Yuri said that tears flowed automatically as she heard the song. K.Will’s album, which was released on March 31, also includes the duet he recorded with Tiffany – “Girl, Meets Love”.
- Actor Ju Ji Hun and director Min Kyu Dong attended the Tokyo premiere of their movie, Antique, on March 30. Ju apologized to the crowd that the three other leads (Kim Jae Wook, Yoo Ah In, Choi Ji Ho) could not make it. The movie is based on Fumi Yoshinaga’s Japanese manga, Antique Bakery, which depicts the lives of four male employees at a bakery.
- On March 28, the Wonder Girls held their first full concert in Korea. ‘The 1st Wonder’ was a success with 8000 people (including their close friend, Park Tae Hwan) in attendance at the Olympic Fencing Arena. In addition to singing many of their hits, each member also performed a solo portion – Ye Eun, the famous “Killing Me Softly”; Sunye, “Ilwoljiga / Sun and Moon” (“일월지가”); Sohee, Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”; Sun Mi, “Invitation”; and Yubin, Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack”. Special guests 2AM performed their second single, “A Friend’s Confession”.
KP’s note: Oh my goodness. The Wonder Girls use(d) Twitter. Click here for their MySpace site, which provides links.
- Tablo’s response to a journalist asking, “Which person symbolizes people in their twenties?”:
Umm, Big Bang? [...] It’s a sincere answer. Big Bang is like the twentysomething generation. Out of them, Dae Sung is most like [it]. He’s not completely grown up yet, but he tries this and that without fear, and it’s good to see him enjoying himself whether he wants to something or not. Those in their twenties by nature don’t really know what their doing.
KP’s note: Sorry we’re late with a lot of stuff. As we wrote in KP’s Note 1 several hours ago, we’re struggling with a heavy workload. Ummmm… better late than never?
- Solbi’s face has healed since March 7, when Music Core viewers were alarmed to see that her face was swollen and questioned whether it was a result of gaining weight or plastic surgery. Solbi confirmed soon after that it was a bit of both – she had gotten some work done on her eyes, plus she claimed to have gained some weight during her break as well. However, she was back to normal by March 14.
- On March 21, Kim Jong Kook held his first concert in five years. The ‘2009 Kim Jong Kook Concert Just Listen’ at Ehwa Women’s University had 3000 attendees, including Cha Tae Hyun, Yoon Eun Hye, and Hong Kyung Min. His Family Outing colleagues sent messages via video that were shown during the concert. Mikey from Kim’s old group, Turbo, was a guest rapper. His fellow agency members, Mighty Mouse, also joined Kim on stage.
- Son Ho Young had a fan meeting (‘Son Ho Young’s Birthday Party & Mini Concert’) on March 21 at Jayang-dong’s Noori Art Centre. The event was hosted by comedians, Lee Su Geun and Han Min Kwan. Former g.o.d. colleagues Danny Ahn and Kim Tae Woo were surprise guests, who joined Son on stage to sing g.o.d’s “0%”. This was Kim’s first public appearance since being discharged from the army in February. Ahn forgot part of the first verse, although he recovered to deliver a strong rap performance. Son revealed that this year, he has plans lined up for some small concerts in the summer as well acting projects.
*KP’s note: Lee and Han not kissing – they’re playing a game where they have to bite the candy between their teeth to be as small as possible.
- Kim Hye Ja returned safely from a volunteer trip in Sudan with World Vision. Her first overseas trip with the organization was back in 1992 when she visited Ethiopia. She particularly enjoys volunteering to work with children.
- YG Entertainment’s artists, Big Bang and “female Big Bang” are spokesmodels for LG Cyon’s Lollipop phone. The female group – Sandara Park, Park Bom, Kong Min Ji, and CL – will finally begin promotional activities with the release of their digital single, “Lollipop”, on March 27, followed by the first broadcast of the CF on March 28. However, the group will not officially debut until May 2009. G-Dragon is in charge of producing for the female group.
- Han Ji Hye left on March 23 for a two-week trip to Italy. The purpose of this trip is to receive training in preparation to create a celebrity line of shoes for designer Jinny Kim. Her experience in Itally will be recorded and then broadcast in May on cable channel Olive TV’s It’s a Beautiful Day – Vacations to Discover Dreams.
- Epik High opened their fully bilingual official site (http://mapthesoul.com) on March 21, only to have it crash shortly after due to the 300,000 hits. The site is now up and running. Of particular interest are the Map the Soul members’ blogs – check them out!