Posts Tagged ‘Park Ye Jin’
- A spokesperson for Family Outing announced that the show will undergo some major changes as it hits its one year mark in June. One such change includes Lee Chun Hee and Park Ye Jin’s departure from the variety show. The two chose not to renew their one-year contracts in order to focus on their acting careers. They will film their final trip at the beginning of next month. The spokesperson was also admitted that the show is in discussions with actors Park Hae Jin (East of Eden) and Park Shi Yeon (The Slingshot) to replace “Chunderella” and “Sweet & Savage Ye Jin Mistress”.
- Choi Chul Ho and Lee Ha Nui (better known as Honey Lee, Miss Korea 2006) have been added to the main cast of Partner (파트너). Choi will play Lee Young Woo, a ruthless attorney who boasts a 100% win rate. He is a genius who has rapidly climbed up to become the successor of a large law firm, Haeyoon. Lee’s character is Han Jung Won, a colleague of Eun Ho (Kim Hyun Joo) and Tae Jo (Lee Dong Wook). She is a beautiful lawyer with outstanding abilities and such a strong personality that one would think she has no blood nor tears.
- A representative of the war movie 71 confirmed that Kim Beom has dropped out of the project due to scheduling conflicts. Kim is filming Flight (비상) with Kim Byul until the end of June, at which time he must begin shooting Dream.
- Upcoming SBS drama Dream (드림) is finalizing its cast. Actress Choi Yeo Jin will make her return to the small screen from last year’s My Woman. She has been cast as PD Jang Soo Jin who works for a broadcasting station.
It appears that some English will be spoken in the drama with models Marcos Benjamin Lee and Julien Kang joining Dream‘s cast. Both will likely be playing mixed martial arts athletes as both have some experience and interest in the area. Interestingly, Julien Kang has had a first hand look at the competitive sport as the younger brother of a top MMA fighter. Dream is set to begin filming in June for a summer premiere.
KP’s note: I thought that the drama was titled Dream simply because it was about the fulfilment of a dream or something. However, it turns out that Dream is also the name of an MMA organization. The Fighting and Entertainment Group (FEG) – the leading Japanese combat sport promoter and parent company to Dream – is investing in the production of the drama. Hence, there are plans for it to be broadcast on TBS in Japan.
- Wheesung and Park Jung Hyun (a.k.a Lena Park) will be performing as part of The Blue Ribbon Presents Global Pop’s second year. At 8pm on June 19, the two pop/R&B singers will kick off the three-concert series at Walt Disney Concert Hall. Click here for more information (in English).
- In April, Yoo and his fans from internet community DC Inside raised ₩23,800,000 through a fundraising campaign. It was decided that this money would be put toward setting up a kindergarten in Nepal this coming October. A source close to the actor said that Yoo would go to Nepal for the opening ceremony and return after participating in a variety of volunteer activities along with some fans.
Yoo is currently playing twins in the film Bimilae (비밀애) with Yun Jin Seo. His fourth directorial project, Invitation, will be screened at the sixth annual Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia held in Japan early June.
KP’s note: Are you sick of Photofixes yet? Hehe. Around this time of each month is when magazines release photos from the next month’s issue to the media – hence the flood of photos we’ve put up this week. Hope some of you are enjoying them! ^^
- Han Hyo Joo, Lee Da Hae, and Park Ye Jin were three of this year’s models for The Sweetest Love campaign, promoting adoptions. They modelled Warner Brothers’ Tweety tees in Vogue‘s June issue.
- Yoo Seung Ho models The North Face in Ceci (6/09)
- Jung Hye Young shows off her pregnant figure in Elle (6/09)
Update (5/24): Park Ye Jin’s individual shot has been released.
Update (5/20): More promotional photos for Queen Seon Duk have been released (Yoo Seung Ho’s, Yoon Yoo Seon’s, Kim Nam Gil’s). The drama’s first episode will air on May 25 evening on MBC.
Jung Tae Woo married his girlfriend of three years, Chang In Hee, on May 8 at Shilla Hotel in Seoul.
Their Christian ceremony was presided over by Reverend Cho Jung Min (of NGO Compassion) and the blessing was sung by an ensemble that included singer Jang Hye Jin and MBC announcer Park Na Rim (from Onnuri Church’s bible study group for entertainers). Other celebrities in attendance included Ahn Jae Wook, Jung Ryeo Won, and Park Ye Jin (photos below).
The newlyweds will set up their first home together in Ilsan after they return from their honeymoon in the Maldives.
The environmental edition in honour of Earth Day (4/22/09)
- nine celebrities participated in this spring’s Save the Penguin campaign
- Boundaries of Forest [entertainment agency] artists are featured in Cosmomen’s May issue for Kick the Habit for Earth! campaign. The BOF artists donated their full photo shoot fees to United Nations Environment Programme.
- 20 celebrities – not all are included below – posed for a joint environmental campaign between Jack & Jill and Vogue Girl (5/09), called ‘CLEAN_air, water and the city’
- UPDATED (4/11): PHOTOS!
Kim Myung Min’s weight is currently down to 58 kilograms (at a height of 180 centimetres) for his role in My Love By My Side. He is showing symptoms of hypoglycemia. People around him are worrying about his health, as Kim is looking and feeling weaker with each day; even the producers are no longer telling him to lose more weight. Kim’s acquaintances are hoping that he maintains his health while keeping his current weight until the end of filming.
- Click to see part 1, part 2, and part 3 of an ISplus photo exclusive of Girls’ Generation in Thailand. The girls (minus Yoona) were there to perform at the Pattaya International Music Festival. Their fellow SM group, SHINee, was also invited to perform.
- Lee Jun Ki released a teaser video for his song and MV, “J Style”.
- Special tickets for Park Chan Wook’s lastest film, Thirst, sold out within 10 minutes of being made available. These tickets were sold in advance for a screening on the April 30 premiere date. Each of the special tickets come with a signed copy of the script, still photos, and a movie folder. (Click here to read KP’s previous post on the movie, along with stills and a trailer.)
- Celebrity couple Sean and Jung Hye Young have announced that they will be donating a portion of Jung’s salary for Return of Iljimae to the Social Welfare Society. The donation will be made in the name of their unborn child, Ha Yul (which means God’s Law). They found out about her pregnancy while she was filming the drama, which completed its run on April 9.
- Park Ye Jin (Family Outing) has been cast in Queen Seon Duk as Princess Chun Myung, the twin sister of Princess Duk Man (Lee Yo Won). She will join the cast in filming at the end of April, following the end of her current drama, Hateful but Once Again.
- An astounding 65,000 copies of Jo Sung Mo’s seventh album, Second Half, were sold on the day of its release.
- Younha released a teaser for a track off her upcoming album. “1,2,3″ is the fourth track of peace love & ice cream.
- Tony An has taken over as a DJ for the Korea Forces Network’s long-running radio program, 주고 싶은 마음 듣고 싶은 얘기 (literal translation: The Heart I Want to Give, the Stories I want to Hear). His first broadcast was on April 6 from 6pm to 8pm. After quietly enlisting in November of 2008, An is also an MC for a military TV program, Work Plus Success (일 플러스 성공).