Posts Tagged ‘Park Yong Ha’
- Actors Seo Hyo Rim (Good Job, Good Job) and Song Joong Ki (Triple) are taking over as hosts of KBS2′s Music Bank. Their first broadcast will be on August 7. Seo and Song replace comedian Yoo Se Yoon and announcer Park Eun Young.
- The jacket cover for BoA’s upcoming album has been released. Deluxe is a repackaged version of her first American album with additional remixes. The repackaged album will go on sale on September 1. BoA recently released the music video for her third U.S. single, “Energetic”.
- Park Yong Ha’s Japanese mini-album, Once in a Summer, climbed up to sixth place on the Oricon Chart upon its release on July 29. This album commemorates five years since Park’s debut in Japan. Once in a Summer includes seven tracks of various genres including ballad and bossa nova. Singer Park Hyo Shin worked as a producer for the album.
- Kim Joon’s musical debut contributed to a 30% increase in March of Youth (젊음의 행진)’s ticket sales to practically fill up the Coex Artium. Kim Joon is playing a handsome student teacher in the musical featuring several hit songs and dance moves from the eighties. Fellow T-Max member, Park Yoon Hwa, is also a cast member.
KP’s note: Although it isn’t kpculture-related, the passing of a former president is big news – and even more so when surrounded by scandal – so read about Roh Moo Hyun’s suicide in the New York Times, the Associated Press, or BBC News.
On a related note, all of the major broadcasting stations cancelled a week’s worth of variety programs because they felt that it would be inappropriate during this tragic time.
- Veteran actress Yeo Woon Gye (69) passed away at on May 22 due to kidney cancer that had spread to her lungs. Yeo had an illustrious career spanning 57 years – some of her more recent works include Oh! Pil Seung and Bong Soon Young, Bad Family, War of Money, and Golden Era of Daughter-in-Law. Many entertainers are visiting the funeral hall at Yonsei University’s Severance Hospital to pay their respects.
- Yoon Sang Hyun, co-star on hit drama Queen of Housewives, teared up on May 22′s broadcast of Guerilla Date. When asked how his parents feel about his recent rise in fame, Yoon admitted that his father sadly does not yet recognize him after suffering a stroke when Queen of Housewives began filming.
- Korean-Japanese mixed martial artist Chu Sung Hoon (a.k.a Akiyama Yoshihiro) is the guest on Family Outing‘s May 31 and June 7 and June 14 broadcasts. He filmed with the cast and crew overnight on May 18 and 19 around Hwasung, Gyeonggi-do. Chu married Japanese model Shiho Yano earlier this year. Career-wise, he signed with UFC this past February and will fight in his first UFC match on June 11, 2009.
- The Slingshot (Story of a Man) stills from Gyeong Ah and Do Woo’s wedding were released this week, in advance of episode 15′s broadcast on Monday, May 25.
- Singer Lee Minwoo (a.k.a M) and TV personality Amy have split after half a year of dating. On May 18, a representative of M’s agency confirmed that the couple separated at the beginning of the month due to personality differences. Amy expressed through her minihompy on the same day, “I alone was happy… I alone was sad… I alone was hurt… I alone shed tears… I alone laughed… Now, I’m ok [doing] everything alone.” The two went from make-believe couple to actual couple through meeting on the reality TV program, Kkokko Sightseeing Single Single, last fall.
As the official poster reveals, KBS has chosen 남자이야기‘s English title to be The Slingshot, rather than the direct translation, Story of a Man.
Drama: The Slingshot (남자 이야기)
Broadcast Schedule: Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:55 pm on KBS2; begins April 6, 2009
Director: Yoon Sung Sik
Screenwriter: Song Ji Na
- Park Yong Ha – Kim Shin
- Kim Kang Woo – Chae Do Woo
- Park Si Yeon – Seo Gyeong Ah
- Han Yeo Woon – Chae Eun Soo
- Lee Moon Sik – Park Moon Ho
- Lee Philip – Do Jae Myung
- Park Ki Woong – Ahn G/Kyung Tae