Posts Tagged ‘Queen Seondeok’
Update (5/24): Park Ye Jin’s individual shot has been released.
Update (5/20): More promotional photos for Queen Seon Duk have been released (Yoo Seung Ho’s, Yoon Yoo Seon’s, Kim Nam Gil’s). The drama’s first episode will air on May 25 evening on MBC.
- UPDATED (4/11): PHOTOS!
Kim Myung Min’s weight is currently down to 58 kilograms (at a height of 180 centimetres) for his role in My Love By My Side. He is showing symptoms of hypoglycemia. People around him are worrying about his health, as Kim is looking and feeling weaker with each day; even the producers are no longer telling him to lose more weight. Kim’s acquaintances are hoping that he maintains his health while keeping his current weight until the end of filming.
- Click to see part 1, part 2, and part 3 of an ISplus photo exclusive of Girls’ Generation in Thailand. The girls (minus Yoona) were there to perform at the Pattaya International Music Festival. Their fellow SM group, SHINee, was also invited to perform.
- Lee Jun Ki released a teaser video for his song and MV, “J Style”.
- Special tickets for Park Chan Wook’s lastest film, Thirst, sold out within 10 minutes of being made available. These tickets were sold in advance for a screening on the April 30 premiere date. Each of the special tickets come with a signed copy of the script, still photos, and a movie folder. (Click here to read KP’s previous post on the movie, along with stills and a trailer.)
- Celebrity couple Sean and Jung Hye Young have announced that they will be donating a portion of Jung’s salary for Return of Iljimae to the Social Welfare Society. The donation will be made in the name of their unborn child, Ha Yul (which means God’s Law). They found out about her pregnancy while she was filming the drama, which completed its run on April 9.
- Park Ye Jin (Family Outing) has been cast in Queen Seon Duk as Princess Chun Myung, the twin sister of Princess Duk Man (Lee Yo Won). She will join the cast in filming at the end of April, following the end of her current drama, Hateful but Once Again.
- An astounding 65,000 copies of Jo Sung Mo’s seventh album, Second Half, were sold on the day of its release.
- Younha released a teaser for a track off her upcoming album. “1,2,3″ is the fourth track of peace love & ice cream.
- Tony An has taken over as a DJ for the Korea Forces Network’s long-running radio program, 주고 싶은 마음 듣고 싶은 얘기 (literal translation: The Heart I Want to Give, the Stories I want to Hear). His first broadcast was on April 6 from 6pm to 8pm. After quietly enlisting in November of 2008, An is also an MC for a military TV program, Work Plus Success (일 플러스 성공).
Go beyond the jump to see the first stills from upcoming dramas Brilliant Legacy, Queen Seon Duk, and Triple.
- Lee Jun Ki is filming a music video with the concept of “cyber oriental”. A source from Mentor Entertainment said, “This music video can show a compressed version of Lee Jun Ki’s entire [upcoming] ‘Episode 2′ project.”
- See how the night looks through Alex’s camera in his photo essay called “Night Scene” on Naver Photo Gallery. (Below is a photo from his previous photo essay, “Mr. Week“. Also, the newly engaged Ricky Kim (real name: Ricky Lee Nealy) posted a bilingual one called “Under A Magnifying Glass” from an earlier trip to Chicago.
- Yoon Do Hyun Band (YB) released their eighth album, Coexistence, at the end of March. They will be performing at V Hall, a club in the Hongdae neighbourhood, from April 14 to May 3. In a recent interview, Yoon laughed and confessed that every morning, people from his agency try to persuade him to cut his hair (picture below). However, he says that he likes it as is because people don’t recognize him in public.
- On April 30, the cast of MBC’s upcoming sageuk Queen Seon Duk met for their first table reading of the script. Queen Seon Duk is scheduled to be broadcast beginning in May for at least 50 episodes. Leads Lee Yo Won and Ko Hyun Jung were present, as well as Cho Min Ki, Lee Soon Jae (episode 1′s guest star), Yoo Seung Ho, and others. Although Lee Yo Won didn’t have any lines in the script for the first episode, she kept a pen in hand to make notes while others read through. Yoo Seung Ho also didn’t any lines, but remained focused throughout the three-hour evening practice.
- Despite firmly denying it earlier – (“I haven’t even gone on my honeymoon yet!”) – it has been revealed that Jeong Sia is four months pregnant with new husband Baek Do Bin’s baby.
- Im Won Hee and Lee Jong Hyeuk will take over Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise’s roles in a stage adaptation of the hit Hollywood film, Rain Man. Performances will take place at SM Art Hall in Jongno-gu for about a month, beginning on April 24.
- Celebrities Shim Eun Ha, Kim Hye Soo, Kang Seok Woo, Lee Sang Byuk, Cho Young Nam, Kim Ae Kyung are participating in the 4th Annual Seoul Open Arts Fair (SOAF), open from April 15 to 19 at the Coex in Seoul. Their work will be exhibited in the Fair’s Star Art Project corner.