Posts Tagged ‘Seo Woo’
- Han Hyo Joo (Brilliant Legacy) in Vogue
- Paju co-stars, Seo Woo and Lee Sun Kyun, pose for Elle
- Baek Sung Hyun (The Accidental Couple) becomes GV2′s first celebrity brand model
- Two Days and One Night (1N2D; 1박2일) will try to follow up its successful Audience Tour Special with a Foreigner Tour Special. Six foreigners residing in Korea were invited to join Kang Ho Dong, MC Mong, Kim C, Lee Su Geun, and Lee Seung Gi on a trip to Chungsando from August 5 to 6. The guests ranged in language abilities, but there were no translators used. The Foreigner Tour Special will be broadcast on August 16 and 23 on KBS2.
In other 1N2D news, there are currently discussions regarding whether or not Kim Jong Min will return as a regular member upon his completion of military service in December.
- On August 5, members of DC Inside (internet community portal) Jung Il Woo Gallery congratulated the actor’s 1000th day since his debut by sending rice cake snacks for the entire cast and crew of Jung’s new drama, My Fair Lady. The rice cakes were accompanied by several other gifts for the star.
- Tamra, the Island (also called Tamna the Island; 탐나는 도다)’s leads, Im Ju Hwan and Seo Woo have denied reports that they are dating. In an interview with Money Today’s Star News, Im stated that they are just good colleagues. (When asked, he responded that his last relationship was a couple of years ago with a fellow university student.) Since the Group Eight production filmed for four months last year in Jeju-do, the four main cast members – Seo Woo, Im Ju Hwan, Hwang Chan Bin, and Lee Sun Ho – grew very close. Tamra, the Island begins its broadcast this weekend at 7:55pm.
- Yashimmanman 2 broadcast its Brilliant Legacy special this week with guests Han Hyo Joo, Lee Seung Gi, Moon Chae Won, Bae Soo Bin, Kim Mi Sook, and Yoo Ji In. On the program, Moon Chae Won was asked which of her former co-stars she likes better – Lee Min Ho or Lee Seung Gi. Her response?
Lee Seung Gi!
- Style debuted last weekend on SBS with a strong viewership of approximately 17%. Although reviews were generally favourable, there was significant criticism towards E Ji Ah’s over-the-top acting as opposed to Kim Hye Soo’s strong performance as Editor Park Gi Ja.
- Cha Ye Ryun and Lee Dong Gun have supposedly ended their relationship – but sources close to Lee are claiming that the two were never dating in the first place and remain good friends.
- The poster for Paju, starring Lee Sun Kyun and Seo Woo, was released today. Its tagline is, “I want it more because it’s forbidden”.
- Solbi revealed the story behind her song, “[You] Will Be Punished” on June 7′s broadcast of MBC Quiz to Change the World. She said that the song was written as she thought about her ex-boyfriend. Two years ago, Solbi’s boyfriend cheated on her with another celebrity, despite the fact that he and Solbi loved one another. She admitted that although she doesn’t feel hatred when she bumps into her ex once in awhile, she doesn’t wish him well either. MC Kim Gu Ra added that he once did a program with the guy in question. The ex is apparently someone that everyone is familiar with.
Regarding her next album, Solbi made the studio laugh by saying, “When I did dance music, I was spoken ill of (insulted) a little more directly but now that I’m doing ballads, I think people don’t even care anymore. So I’m planning to just [go back to] dance for my next album.”
- Actress Han Ji Hye gave out “shoes styling” tips to customers at the Jinny Kim shop in Sogong-dong’s Lotte Department Store. Han recently endeavored into shoe design by creating the H by Jinny Kim line. Her journey to Italy for the project will be shown on O’live channel’s She’s Olive – Ji Hye’s Shoes – My Dream. Shoes from the H by Jinny Kim line are reportedly selling well.
- Sung Yu Ri and Jang Hyuk wrapped filming for The Rabbit and the Lizard (토끼와 리저드) early this month and await the movie’s release at the end of the year.
- Actress Son Ye Jin reported to the National Tax Service office for Samsung/Seocho/Yeoksam districts to fulfill her role as a tax administration volunteer. March 3 was the 43rd annual Tax Day. She told reporters, “I’ll earn a lot of money and diligently pay taxes.” Other celebrities participating with the NTS at various locations this week are Kang Ho Dong, Park Ye Jin, Uhm Jung Hwa, and Kim Rae Won.
- Seo Woo threw a surprise party for Paju co-star Lee Sun Kyun on March 2 for his 34th birthday. When Lee came on set for filming after lunch, Seo Woo approached him carrying a cake, and the cast and crew joined in as she sang “Happy Birthday”. When the embarrassed actor asked, “How did you know it’s my birthday?”, she smiled and responded by saying that she’s been a fan of his since youth and knows everything [about him].
- Jeong Sia (Come to Play) will marry actor Baek Do Bin (Kill Me) on March 7 at Imperial Palace Hotel. The couple met last year on the set of the movie Survival. Jeong has stated her intention to discontinue appearing on variety shows following her marriage in order to concentrate on acting.
- Han Hye Jin claimed in a recent interview that she hasn’t discussed marriage with her boyfriend of four years, singer Naul. She did, however, express approval of her sister’s boyfriend, actor Kim Kang Woo (Marine Boy). He and her sister have known each other since before his rise to fame. (KP’s note: Han Hye Jin and Kim Kang Woo both belong to the same agency. I’m not sure if she was the one who set the couple.) Han said that Kim remains down-to-earth and is a good, kind person.
Discussing her appearance, she admitted that people have tried to persuade her to get plastic surgery on her nose. However, she said that she’s lived with her nose for a long time, so she’ll continue to live with it as is.
Lee Sun Kyun (Romantic Island) and Seo Woo (Crush and Blush) are the leads in Paju, being directed by Park Chan Ok (Jealousy is My Middle Name). Park been preparing for this film since he thought of the storyline seven years ago. Paju is the name of a city in Korea. The movie will show the city as being mysterious and full of fog.
According to TPS Company, Paju is about Choi Eun Mo (Seo Woo) who had a lonely childhood growing up without her parents. When Eun Mo falls in love with her brother-in-law, Kim Joong Sik (Lee), she decides to go away to avoid seeing him. However, they meet again after her sister dies. Eun Mo struggles between her feelings for Joong Sik and her suspicions that he’s somehow involved in her sister’s death. Joong Sik hides the truth along with his feelings.
This role will show a different side of Lee Sun Kyun from the gentle image viewers are accustomed to, as the character is very complex and mysterious. Seo Woo is relatively new to the industry; she debuted in 2007 and won three Best New Actress awards in 2008 for Crush and Blush. Film creators said that Seo Woo’s youthful appearance yet mature expression made her perfect for the part, which shows Eun Mo go from a 15-year-old girl to a woman in her early twenties.
Filming for Paju began on February 16 and will continue for about three months. The movie will premiere in the latter half of 2009.
KP’s note: Judging by the released photos, it doesn’t exactly seem like a happy, feel-good movie, does it?