Posts Tagged ‘Sol Kyung Gu’
- Still cuts from the making of Yoon Eun Hye’s Zipel refrigerator commercials are attracting attention.
- Sol Kyung Gu, Ryoo Seung Bum, and Han Hye Jin have been cast in the thriller [There's] No Forgiveness (용서는 없다). The film will feature the psychological showdown between a brutal murderer and Korea’s top professional autopsist. Sol has the role of National Institute of Scientific Investigation autopsist Kang Min Ho. Ryoo’s character is Lee Sung Ho, an environmental activist and killer. Han is playing Min Seo Young, a junior investigator who gets involved in the case because of her respect for Kang Min Ho.
In related news, newlyweds Sol Kyung Gu and Song Yoon Ah were able to leave for a brief and unexpected honeymoon due to No Forgiveness‘s filming start date being pushed back.
- Kim Tae Woo held two performances (May 30 and 31) at Seoul Chungmu Art Hall as part of the concert series, Stars On Stage. Fellow g.o.d members, Son Ho Young and Danny Ah, were special guests on May 30.
KP’s note: Danny Ahn’s and Son Ho Young’s heights are supposedly 181 and 177 centimetres, but they look much shorter next to Kim Tae Woo who stands at 190 centimetres tall.
- Actor Kim Dong Wook (National Athlete) is currently studying legal terminology in preparation for his role in KBS2 drama Partner. He has been cast as Yoon Joon, the youngest lawyer at law firm Leekim. Yoon Joon comes from a rich family. He has a sensitive, “four-dimensional” personality and comes up with proposals that nobody else would think of. Although he bickers constantly with Choi Soon Yi (Shin Yi), a workaholic colleague who is seven years his senior, the two fall for each other. His character will show the new generation’s way of thinking.
- Actor Kang Kyung Joon (26) entered military service on June 1. He said that given the opportunity, he would like to serve as an entertainment soldier. Kang is best known for his acting debut role starring alongside Ku Hye Sun, Han Hyo Joo, Tablo, Park Jin Woo, Hong Su Ah, Jo Jung Rin, Lee Min Woo, and Lee Jung in the MBC sitcom, Nonstop 5.
KP’s note: Not that it indicates a lack of patriotism or anything, but I’m surprised that he would choose to wear a USA t-shirt and NYPD cap while reporting for Korean military service. I’m even more surprised that netizens and the press aren’t ripping him apart for it.
- Solo singer AJ (born Lee Ki Kwang) will be changing his stage name in time for the release of his second album in July. On June 1, a source from Cube Entertainment announced that the decision was made on their end due to the greater-than-expected backlash from Paran fans for “copying” the name of the group’s youngest member. Although AJ (Ace Junior) debuted with the same name only after consultation with people representing Paran, netizens attacked AJ for adopting the same name. The Cube Entertainment spokesperson said that despite the controversy, they maintain a good relationship with Paran’s representatives.
- The first still cut has been released for Fourth Period Mystery (4교시 추리영역), co-starring Kim So Eun and Yoo Seung Ho.
- Netizens were shocked to discover that Lee Philip (The Slingshot) is from a well-off family who lives in a luxurious house in America. His father, Simon Lee (Lee Soo Dong), is the president and CEO of a successful IT company called STG in Virginia. The business earns almost $200 million USD in annual revenue. Although Lee Philip also graduated in an IT-related Master’s program from his father’s alma mater, George Washington University, he chose to pursue his dream of acting.
- Lee Jung Hyun released still cuts from the music video for “Crazy”, the title track of her upcoming mini-album. The album, Avaholic, will be sold in Korea beginning on May 19.
Actors Sol Kyung Gu (Public Enemy Returns) and Song Yoon Ah (On Air) held a press conference on May 9, ahead of their upcoming marriage. Although the two have known each other for years from co-starring in two films, they claimed that they’ve only been dating for a year and a half. The couple was extremely cautious not to be caught dating before announcing their wedding plans; hence, many dates took place at Song’s office. They admitted that it was extremely difficult to get Song’s parents’ permission to marry. (KP’s note: This is just a personal assumption, but if you believe Korean dramas, most parents are not so willing to give up their never-married daughter to a divorced man.) The two will get married in a Catholic ceremony on the evening of May 28.
- Celebrity couple Byul and Jeon Sang Hwan celebrated the 1000th day since their first meeting with a party on May 4. The two singers met at a Bible study group for Christian entertainers in October 2007. On May 10, they went on a public date at a baseball match between the Doosan Bears and the Hanhwa Eagles, where Byul was invited to throw the opening pitch.
- Writer/director Kwak Kyung Taek’s current project, Friend, Our Legend, has been filming the material required for 20 episodes in advance, and is now 80% complete. Kim Min Joon and Hyun Bin are starring in the television remake of Kwak’s 2001 hit film, Friend. The broadcasting station is to be decided shortly, and the drama will likely begin airing in late summer.