Posts Tagged ‘Son Ho Young’
- Still cuts from the making of Yoon Eun Hye’s Zipel refrigerator commercials are attracting attention.
- Sol Kyung Gu, Ryoo Seung Bum, and Han Hye Jin have been cast in the thriller [There's] No Forgiveness (용서는 없다). The film will feature the psychological showdown between a brutal murderer and Korea’s top professional autopsist. Sol has the role of National Institute of Scientific Investigation autopsist Kang Min Ho. Ryoo’s character is Lee Sung Ho, an environmental activist and killer. Han is playing Min Seo Young, a junior investigator who gets involved in the case because of her respect for Kang Min Ho.
In related news, newlyweds Sol Kyung Gu and Song Yoon Ah were able to leave for a brief and unexpected honeymoon due to No Forgiveness‘s filming start date being pushed back.
- Kim Tae Woo held two performances (May 30 and 31) at Seoul Chungmu Art Hall as part of the concert series, Stars On Stage. Fellow g.o.d members, Son Ho Young and Danny Ah, were special guests on May 30.
KP’s note: Danny Ahn’s and Son Ho Young’s heights are supposedly 181 and 177 centimetres, but they look much shorter next to Kim Tae Woo who stands at 190 centimetres tall.
- Actor Kim Dong Wook (National Athlete) is currently studying legal terminology in preparation for his role in KBS2 drama Partner. He has been cast as Yoon Joon, the youngest lawyer at law firm Leekim. Yoon Joon comes from a rich family. He has a sensitive, “four-dimensional” personality and comes up with proposals that nobody else would think of. Although he bickers constantly with Choi Soon Yi (Shin Yi), a workaholic colleague who is seven years his senior, the two fall for each other. His character will show the new generation’s way of thinking.
- Actor Kang Kyung Joon (26) entered military service on June 1. He said that given the opportunity, he would like to serve as an entertainment soldier. Kang is best known for his acting debut role starring alongside Ku Hye Sun, Han Hyo Joo, Tablo, Park Jin Woo, Hong Su Ah, Jo Jung Rin, Lee Min Woo, and Lee Jung in the MBC sitcom, Nonstop 5.
KP’s note: Not that it indicates a lack of patriotism or anything, but I’m surprised that he would choose to wear a USA t-shirt and NYPD cap while reporting for Korean military service. I’m even more surprised that netizens and the press aren’t ripping him apart for it.
- Solo singer AJ (born Lee Ki Kwang) will be changing his stage name in time for the release of his second album in July. On June 1, a source from Cube Entertainment announced that the decision was made on their end due to the greater-than-expected backlash from Paran fans for “copying” the name of the group’s youngest member. Although AJ (Ace Junior) debuted with the same name only after consultation with people representing Paran, netizens attacked AJ for adopting the same name. The Cube Entertainment spokesperson said that despite the controversy, they maintain a good relationship with Paran’s representatives.
Actors Ricky Kim (28) and Ryu Seung Joo (32) were the first of many celebrity couples tying the knot this month.
Update (6/9): Seven of the eight segments have completed production. The segments will be released in theatres at the end of July and then simultaneously broadcast on Korea and Japanese television in October. Also, a couple of stills from Triangle have been released.
A massive Korea-Japan telecinema production consisting of seven two-hour segments is being created by various well-reputed Japanese screenwriters and Korean directors. Each mini-project will be broadcast as a two-part story on TV (Korea – SBS; Japan – Asahi TV), as well as be released as a film in theatres. They are rumoured to begin showing in September of 2009.
Out of the seven segments that were to be produced, six are already filmed or in the process of filming. The production company is currently in discussions with screenwriter Nojima Shinji about the possibility of making an eighth segment.
Go beyond the jump to read about the all-star cast (Cha In Pyo! Kang Hye Jung! Kang Ji Hwan!) and other released details of each segment.
KP’s note: This post will be updated as further details are released. They are still in the process of making changes; for example, Kim Suna just recently dropped out. Each time we update, we will make the post “sticky” so that it appears at the top of the blog’s front page and highlight the most recent additions or alterations. For this reason, we ask that this post not be copied and pasted onto other webpages until more information is finalized. Thank you.
Read the rest of this entry »