Posts Tagged ‘Sung Yu Ri’
- Han Chae Ah joins the cast of Style as a senior-level editor named Cha Ji Sun. At the magazine company, she clashes with Lee Seo Jung (E Ji Ah), the assistant who has been there for a year. Han Chae Ah has previously worked with Style’s male lead, Ryu Si Won, on his 2007 music video for “With You”. Her acting debut was through last year’s drama, Kokkiri (a.k.a Elephant; 코끼리)
- Ryu Si Won has spent approximately $8 million USD (10 billion KRW) for the construction of a building in Samseong-dong, Seoul. The construction of the Ryu Si Won Building – with seven above-ground floors and two underground floors – is scheduled to be completed next month. Ryu has been directly involved with the architectural and interior design. The use of the building has yet to be confirmed; however, it is likely that Ryu’s agency, R’s Company, and his racing team, Team 106 (sponsored by EXR) will move in. Space will also be leased/rented to other businesses. Ryu joins several other celebrities who own $4-8 million buildings in the Gangnam area: baseball player Park Chan Ho, singers Seo Taiji, Shin Seung Hun, Bi, comedian Shin Dong Yeop, and actors Ko So Young and the Kim Seung Woo-Kim Nam Joo couple.
- Singer-actor-MC Moon Hee Jun is releasing a mini album today (June 18), titled Last Cry. The album consists of three songs (five tracks) with the theme of breaking up. The title song is called “Toy”. To display his musical talent, Moon composed and arranged the music and wrote the lyrics for all of the songs on Last Cry.
- Sung Yu Ri is currently filming in Las Vegas with the cast and crew of Swallow the Sun (preview here). On the morning of June 17, Sung Yu Ri’s first scene in America was to cycle from the entrance of the Mirage to the Bellagio and run in to the hotel
- Triple‘s male leads – Lee Jung Jae, Lee Sun Kyun, Yoon Kye Sang – admitted that they really enjoyed watching the first few episodes of the drama on television. Lee Jung Jae stated, “I watched the broadcast quietly alone at home. I watched really enjoyably. Although the audience [numbers] didn’t come out to what I expected, it’ll do well.” Co-star Lee Sun Kyun expressed similar sentiments and added, “I usually don’t have a nagging personality but maybe due to my love for this production, I keep giving my acting juniors Kim Hee and Min Hyo Rin an earful. I think I’m becoming more and more like Hae Yoon.” The youngest of the three, Yoon Kye Sang, admitted that he originally wasn’t going to watch episodes 1 and 2. “When filming a drama, there are times when I’m ashamed to see my acting. Every time that happens, my heart wavers. Since the atmosphere on set is so good, I was fearful that my wavering would cause a setback. But then I turned on the TV five minutes prior [to the first episode]. It was really fun,” Yoon said. Despite generally positive reviews, ratings have remained in the single digits. According to TNS Media Korea, episode 3 of Triple captured 6.9% of viewers as opposed to City Hall‘s 16.7% and The Accidental Couple‘s 15.0%.
- Yoon Eun Hye’s comeback drama, My Fair Lady, is rumoured to be broadcast on KBS2 following Partner in late August. In the romantic comedy series, Yoon will play Noh Yu Ra, the second of three sisters in a rich household. A love story develops when a poor man enters the home as a housekeeper/manager with the intention of getting his hands on the family’s hidden slush fund.
- Jung Dae Hye, Wang Seok Hyun, and Eun Ji Won attended the premiere and press conference of Lynx Adventure (a.k.a. Missing Lynx; El lince perdido in Spanish). The three participated in the Korean dubbing for the animated film about a group of animals trying to escape an eccentric billionaire’s personal Noah’s Ark.
- A previously undisclosed clip of JYP dancing to 2PM’s “What Time Is It Now” has been attracting attention on the company’s YouTube channel.
- The poster for Paju, starring Lee Sun Kyun and Seo Woo, was released today. Its tagline is, “I want it more because it’s forbidden”.
- Solbi revealed the story behind her song, “[You] Will Be Punished” on June 7′s broadcast of MBC Quiz to Change the World. She said that the song was written as she thought about her ex-boyfriend. Two years ago, Solbi’s boyfriend cheated on her with another celebrity, despite the fact that he and Solbi loved one another. She admitted that although she doesn’t feel hatred when she bumps into her ex once in awhile, she doesn’t wish him well either. MC Kim Gu Ra added that he once did a program with the guy in question. The ex is apparently someone that everyone is familiar with.
Regarding her next album, Solbi made the studio laugh by saying, “When I did dance music, I was spoken ill of (insulted) a little more directly but now that I’m doing ballads, I think people don’t even care anymore. So I’m planning to just [go back to] dance for my next album.”
- Actress Han Ji Hye gave out “shoes styling” tips to customers at the Jinny Kim shop in Sogong-dong’s Lotte Department Store. Han recently endeavored into shoe design by creating the H by Jinny Kim line. Her journey to Italy for the project will be shown on O’live channel’s She’s Olive – Ji Hye’s Shoes – My Dream. Shoes from the H by Jinny Kim line are reportedly selling well.
- Sung Yu Ri and Jang Hyuk wrapped filming for The Rabbit and the Lizard (토끼와 리저드) early this month and await the movie’s release at the end of the year.
- Lee Hyori in Singles (6/09)
- Sung Yu Ri models for casualwear brand Aden in Ceci‘s June issue
- Sung Yu Ri models for Viki’s summer collection
Designed by Rem Koolhaas and his Office for Modern Architecture, Seoul’s Prada Transformer (English website: http://prada-transformer.com) is a “shape-shifting” venue for various exhibitions in the coming five months. First up is Miuccia Prada’s travelling exhibition of skirts.
Following the fashion exhibition, there will be a cinema exhibition in June, an art exhibition opening on July 30, and a special event in the fall.
The Prada Transformer project had a celebrity-filled opening reception at Kyunghee Palace on April 23. Go beyond the jump to check out the stars’ styles and leave a comment on your most of least favourite look of the evening! (KP’s note: Andre Kim doesn’t count since he’s ALWAYS best dressed. )
- More photos of Zo In Sung and Sung Yu Ri posing for Aden’s Spring ’09 campaign
In photo spread for unknown:
- Kim Min Ji (KP’s note: currently better known as Yu Mi, the horribly annoying girl who almost ruined everything in the BOF finale) in a photo spread by photographer Hwang In Chang
- Kim A Joong for Yetts, Spring ’09
- Sung Yu Ri for Viki Numerous, Spring ’09