Posts Tagged ‘Triple’
- Viewers are growing increasingly frustrated with two of Triple‘s love lines – Ha Ru chasing after Hwan (her stepbrother) and Hyun Tae pursuing Soo Yin (his best friend Hwal’s wife). Following this week’s broadcasts, many viewers posted complaints online saying that the forced relationships were extremely uncomfortable to watch. Triple‘s ratings continue to hover around 7%.
- Brilliant Legacy surpassed 40% viewership on Sunday, officially making it a national drama. In episode 24, Eun Sung (Han Hyo Joo) turned down Jun Se (Bae Soo Bin)’s job offer as well as his love while Hwan (Lee Seung Gi) disappointed Seung Mi (Moon Chae Won) by telling her that he hasn’t liked anyone until now. Jinsung Foods is also in crisis with Jun Se’s father and Seung Mi’s mother plotting against Hwan’s grandmother and Eun Sung. The show has four more episodes before being replaced by Style.
- Shinhwa member Kim Dong Wan wrote an open letter to Amy, Lee Min Woo’s ex-girlfriend, on his minihompy. He blasted her for speaking [negatively] about Min Woo in a recently published interview with ISplus. Labelling her actions as weird and messy, Kim requested that she no longer talks about her ex-boyfriend in interviews. Kim defended his friend’s character (which Amy sort of implied was not honest) and said, “Like you would know him better than we – who have spent 12 years with him – do”. He also questioned why the journalist wrote this interview when he/she must have known that Amy would get spoken ill of. Kim Dong Wan is currently serving military duty.
- Actress Song Ji Hyo, who starred in A Frozen Flower and Goong, volunteered in Baseco, Philippines as the 10th part of tvN’s World Special LOVE project. She helped set up a school in the community and acted as a dental assistant. “Song Ji Hyo’s Episode: The Road to Baseco” was broadcast on July 11. tvn’s World Special LOVE series began last May to highlight international charity work by featuring Korean celebrities on the program.
- Kim Myung Min said on July 10’s broadcast of Section TV Entertainment Report that he never wants to diet again. While filming My Love By My Side, Kim lost 20 kilograms to realistically portray a Lou Gehrig’s patient. He went from weighing 72 kilograms during Beethoven Virus to a mere 52 kilograms at a height of 180 centimetres. (He has gained some weight back after the completion of filming.) In addition, Kim said that he had daily nightmares of going to the hospital and being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- Han Chae Ah joins the cast of Style as a senior-level editor named Cha Ji Sun. At the magazine company, she clashes with Lee Seo Jung (E Ji Ah), the assistant who has been there for a year. Han Chae Ah has previously worked with Style’s male lead, Ryu Si Won, on his 2007 music video for “With You”. Her acting debut was through last year’s drama, Kokkiri (a.k.a Elephant; 코끼리)
- Ryu Si Won has spent approximately $8 million USD (10 billion KRW) for the construction of a building in Samseong-dong, Seoul. The construction of the Ryu Si Won Building – with seven above-ground floors and two underground floors – is scheduled to be completed next month. Ryu has been directly involved with the architectural and interior design. The use of the building has yet to be confirmed; however, it is likely that Ryu’s agency, R’s Company, and his racing team, Team 106 (sponsored by EXR) will move in. Space will also be leased/rented to other businesses. Ryu joins several other celebrities who own $4-8 million buildings in the Gangnam area: baseball player Park Chan Ho, singers Seo Taiji, Shin Seung Hun, Bi, comedian Shin Dong Yeop, and actors Ko So Young and the Kim Seung Woo-Kim Nam Joo couple.
- Singer-actor-MC Moon Hee Jun is releasing a mini album today (June 18), titled Last Cry. The album consists of three songs (five tracks) with the theme of breaking up. The title song is called “Toy”. To display his musical talent, Moon composed and arranged the music and wrote the lyrics for all of the songs on Last Cry.
- Sung Yu Ri is currently filming in Las Vegas with the cast and crew of Swallow the Sun (preview here). On the morning of June 17, Sung Yu Ri’s first scene in America was to cycle from the entrance of the Mirage to the Bellagio and run in to the hotel
- Triple‘s male leads – Lee Jung Jae, Lee Sun Kyun, Yoon Kye Sang – admitted that they really enjoyed watching the first few episodes of the drama on television. Lee Jung Jae stated, “I watched the broadcast quietly alone at home. I watched really enjoyably. Although the audience [numbers] didn’t come out to what I expected, it’ll do well.” Co-star Lee Sun Kyun expressed similar sentiments and added, “I usually don’t have a nagging personality but maybe due to my love for this production, I keep giving my acting juniors Kim Hee and Min Hyo Rin an earful. I think I’m becoming more and more like Hae Yoon.” The youngest of the three, Yoon Kye Sang, admitted that he originally wasn’t going to watch episodes 1 and 2. “When filming a drama, there are times when I’m ashamed to see my acting. Every time that happens, my heart wavers. Since the atmosphere on set is so good, I was fearful that my wavering would cause a setback. But then I turned on the TV five minutes prior [to the first episode]. It was really fun,” Yoon said. Despite generally positive reviews, ratings have remained in the single digits. According to TNS Media Korea, episode 3 of Triple captured 6.9% of viewers as opposed to City Hall‘s 16.7% and The Accidental Couple‘s 15.0%.
- Yoon Eun Hye’s comeback drama, My Fair Lady, is rumoured to be broadcast on KBS2 following Partner in late August. In the romantic comedy series, Yoon will play Noh Yu Ra, the second of three sisters in a rich household. A love story develops when a poor man enters the home as a housekeeper/manager with the intention of getting his hands on the family’s hidden slush fund.
- Jung Dae Hye, Wang Seok Hyun, and Eun Ji Won attended the premiere and press conference of Lynx Adventure (a.k.a. Missing Lynx; El lince perdido in Spanish). The three participated in the Korean dubbing for the animated film about a group of animals trying to escape an eccentric billionaire’s personal Noah’s Ark.
- A previously undisclosed clip of JYP dancing to 2PM’s “What Time Is It Now” has been attracting attention on the company’s YouTube channel.
Stills from some dramas that premiere this month – Triple, Partner, and Friend, Our Legacy are below!