Posts Tagged ‘Uhm Tae Woong’
We will be on hiatus for a couple of days – even if an earth-shattering news item such as “Jang Dong Gun & Lee Hyori Elope!” comes up.
Sorry for the inconvenience – we’ll post about a few upcoming dramas, the second part of 2ne1′s interview, and more later on this week.
P.S. Here’s a random picture that might put a smile on your face:
- Lee Byung Hun in MovieWeek - KP’s note: This is for commenter Rubie!
- Jung Yu Mi and Uhm Tae Woong of Chaw in MovieWeek
- Lee Hyori for Guess
KP’s note: A source close to Lee Hyori shot down rumours that she is quitting Family Outing.
Update (5/24): Park Ye Jin’s individual shot has been released.
Update (5/20): More promotional photos for Queen Seon Duk have been released (Yoo Seung Ho’s, Yoon Yoo Seon’s, Kim Nam Gil’s). The drama’s first episode will air on May 25 evening on MBC.
- Actor Uhm Tae Woong (35) and model Lee Young Jin (28) have broken up after two years of dating. They first met in May of 2007 upon being introduced by a mutual acquaintance. However, things have been shaky since this March and the two decided this month to go their separate ways. According to a source close to both, the biggest cause of their break-up was a difference in personalities.
Uhm is starring in Queen Seon Duk to be broadcast beginning in May. Lee will appear alongside singer-turned-actress Eugene in Yoga Academy, a film set to premiere this summer.
- Kim Rae Won held a fan meeting titled ‘Heart to Heart’ in Tokyo for approximately 3000 fans on April 25. The two and a half hour event opened with a piece played on the piano by Kim. Among other activities, he gave out sunflowers as gifts (Kim starred in the film Sunflower) and sang “New World” from the Gourmet OST. Near the end, he reportedly shed tears while reading aloud a letter he wrote to his fans. Kim will be away from the entertainment circuit for two years when he enlists in the second half of 2009.
- MBC announcer Na Kyung Eun has been confirmed as the new host for the station’s long-running children’s program, Bbobbobbo (Kiss Kiss Kiss / 뽀뽀뽀). A representative from MBC stated, “I’m aware that Announcer Na Kyung Eun’s dream was once to be a kindergarten teacher. She really adores children.” Her first day of taping will be May 4, taking over for announcer Lee Ha Jeong. Na’s co-host is Shindong of Super Junior.
KP’s note: Na Kyung Eun is married to Yoo Jae Suk.
- Veteran R&B singer Insooni (52) is releasing her 17th album under the stage name (Insooni) this May. It has been five years since her previous album. Ahead of the album release, Insooni opened a six-song showcase at Fradia, an ultra-modern floating restaurant/club/event venue in the Hangang River. The songs she sang solo were “Fantasia”, “Father”, “To My Daughter”, and “Cry”; she also sang “Perfume” with Kim Bum Soo and “Get Up” with Mighty Mouse. To promote her comeback, Insooni will hold two concerts on May 8 and 9 at Hanam Culture & Arts Center.
- YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk, veteran ballad singer Lee Seung Chul, and popular singer-MC Lee Hyo Ri have been confirmed as three of the judges on Superstar K, an upcoming talent search reality show similar to American Idol. Auditions will be held throughout Korea over two months starting on May 3 in Incheon.