Posts Tagged ‘Wang Seok Hyun’
KP’s note: Lady Castle has had its title changed to Take Care of the Young Lady (아가씨를 부탁해), but its English title is My Fair Lady.
Jung Il Woo, Yoon Eun Hye, and Yoon Sang Hyun have been confirmed as leads for the upcoming drama, Lady Castle Take Care of the Young Lady My Fair Lady.
- Han Chae Ah joins the cast of Style as a senior-level editor named Cha Ji Sun. At the magazine company, she clashes with Lee Seo Jung (E Ji Ah), the assistant who has been there for a year. Han Chae Ah has previously worked with Style’s male lead, Ryu Si Won, on his 2007 music video for “With You”. Her acting debut was through last year’s drama, Kokkiri (a.k.a Elephant; 코끼리)
- Ryu Si Won has spent approximately $8 million USD (10 billion KRW) for the construction of a building in Samseong-dong, Seoul. The construction of the Ryu Si Won Building – with seven above-ground floors and two underground floors – is scheduled to be completed next month. Ryu has been directly involved with the architectural and interior design. The use of the building has yet to be confirmed; however, it is likely that Ryu’s agency, R’s Company, and his racing team, Team 106 (sponsored by EXR) will move in. Space will also be leased/rented to other businesses. Ryu joins several other celebrities who own $4-8 million buildings in the Gangnam area: baseball player Park Chan Ho, singers Seo Taiji, Shin Seung Hun, Bi, comedian Shin Dong Yeop, and actors Ko So Young and the Kim Seung Woo-Kim Nam Joo couple.
- Singer-actor-MC Moon Hee Jun is releasing a mini album today (June 18), titled Last Cry. The album consists of three songs (five tracks) with the theme of breaking up. The title song is called “Toy”. To display his musical talent, Moon composed and arranged the music and wrote the lyrics for all of the songs on Last Cry.
- Sung Yu Ri is currently filming in Las Vegas with the cast and crew of Swallow the Sun (preview here). On the morning of June 17, Sung Yu Ri’s first scene in America was to cycle from the entrance of the Mirage to the Bellagio and run in to the hotel
- Triple‘s male leads – Lee Jung Jae, Lee Sun Kyun, Yoon Kye Sang – admitted that they really enjoyed watching the first few episodes of the drama on television. Lee Jung Jae stated, “I watched the broadcast quietly alone at home. I watched really enjoyably. Although the audience [numbers] didn’t come out to what I expected, it’ll do well.” Co-star Lee Sun Kyun expressed similar sentiments and added, “I usually don’t have a nagging personality but maybe due to my love for this production, I keep giving my acting juniors Kim Hee and Min Hyo Rin an earful. I think I’m becoming more and more like Hae Yoon.” The youngest of the three, Yoon Kye Sang, admitted that he originally wasn’t going to watch episodes 1 and 2. “When filming a drama, there are times when I’m ashamed to see my acting. Every time that happens, my heart wavers. Since the atmosphere on set is so good, I was fearful that my wavering would cause a setback. But then I turned on the TV five minutes prior [to the first episode]. It was really fun,” Yoon said. Despite generally positive reviews, ratings have remained in the single digits. According to TNS Media Korea, episode 3 of Triple captured 6.9% of viewers as opposed to City Hall‘s 16.7% and The Accidental Couple‘s 15.0%.
- Yoon Eun Hye’s comeback drama, My Fair Lady, is rumoured to be broadcast on KBS2 following Partner in late August. In the romantic comedy series, Yoon will play Noh Yu Ra, the second of three sisters in a rich household. A love story develops when a poor man enters the home as a housekeeper/manager with the intention of getting his hands on the family’s hidden slush fund.
- Jung Dae Hye, Wang Seok Hyun, and Eun Ji Won attended the premiere and press conference of Lynx Adventure (a.k.a. Missing Lynx; El lince perdido in Spanish). The three participated in the Korean dubbing for the animated film about a group of animals trying to escape an eccentric billionaire’s personal Noah’s Ark.
- A previously undisclosed clip of JYP dancing to 2PM’s “What Time Is It Now” has been attracting attention on the company’s YouTube channel.
Comedian Lee Hwi Jae (36) and actor Wang Seok Hyun (5) are teaming up for a new reality show as part of KBS 2TV’s ‘Invincible Saturday’ line-up. For 100 days, the two will live together for the variety show, I Got An Uncle (삼촌이 생겼어요), which will premiere at 6:35pm on April 25.
The two stars and the PD were present for the program’s media presentation on April 13 that took place in the International Conference Room at the KBS building in Yeoido.
The 45th PaekSang Arts Awards took place on the evening of February 27 at Seoul Olympic Park’s Olympic Hall.
- Best TV Drama: KBS Mom’s Dead Upset
- Best Variety Show: KBS Gag Concert
- Best Educational Program: SBS Dokdo’s Choice
- Best Director: Shin Woo Chul, SBS On Air
- Best New Director: Bong Sung Chul, SBS Star’s Lover
- Best Screenwriter: Yoo Hyun Mi, SBS The Scale of Providence
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Lee Soon Jae, Mom’s Dead Upset
- Daesang: Kim Hye Ja, KBS Angry Mom
- Best Actor: Kim Myung Min, MBC Beethoven Virus
- Best Actress: Moon Geun Young, SBS The Painter of the Wind
- Best Newcomer Actor: Lee Min Ho, KBS Boys Over Flowers
- Best Newcomer Actress: Im Yoona, KBS You Are My Destiny
- Best Male TV Entertainer: Kim Byung Man, KBS Gag Concert
- Best Female TV Entertainer: Park Mi Sun, MBC Sunday Sunday Night
- Popularity Award (Male): Kim Hyun Joong, KBS Boys Over Flowers
- Popularity Award (Female): Im Yoona, KBS You Are My Destiny
- Best Film: Celebrate Our Love
- Best New Director: Lee Chung Ryul, Old Partner
- Best Screenwriter: Kang Hyung Chul, Speed Scandal
- Daesang: Kang Woo Suk, Public Enemy Returns
- Best Actor: Joo Jin Mo, A Frozen Flower
- Best Actress: Son Ye Jin, My Wife Got Married
- Best Newcomer Actor: So Ji Sub and Kang Ji Hwan, A Movie is a Movie (also known as Rough Cut)
- Best Newcomer Actress: Park Bo Young, Speed Scandal
- Popularity Award (Male): Ju Ji Hun, Antique Bakery
- Popularity Award (Female): Park Bo Young, Speed Scandal
First of all, we realize that we’re the only ones who spell it as PaekSang instead of Baeksang. This is in accordance with the spelling found on the official website. Nowadays, Baeksang is more correct – just like the city of Pusan is now Busan – however, we’ll stick with the official version for now.
Keep reading for fashions, quotes, and more!