Posts Tagged ‘We Got Married!’
Following their short stint as lovers on Queen Seon Duk, Park Jae Jung (29) and U-ie (née Kim Yoo Jin, 21) are in negotiations to join the We Got Married.
We Got Married will attempt to revive its popularityand increase viewership by reformatting the show for spring.
The program’s producers have confirmed that May 3 will be the last day for all four of the current couples: (clockwise from top left) Jung Hyung Don – Tae Yeon, Shin Sung Rok – Kim Shin Young, Kang In – Lee Yoon Ji, and Jun Jin – Lee Si Young. New couples will fill in the space starting May 10.
In an attempt to attract interest, they are hoping to make the variety show more realistic by having actual celebrity couples star on the program. Currently, there is a high probability that one of the new couples will be singer Kim Yong Jun (SG Wannabe) and actress Hwang Jung Eum (formerly of Sugar). News reports have been mixed – some say that it has been confirmed, while others say their participation (or lack thereof) will be confirmed by next week. The two have been dating since 2007.
The reformatted program will reportedly only feature two couples instead of four. The producers also contacted Tablo to star in the show with girlfriend Kang Hye Jung. Although Tablo asked Kang right away, they both did not want to participate in order to focus on their respective activities – singing and acting.
There is also a rumour that the producers are currently holding discussions with the agencies of another singer – actor couple. Apparently the couple is seriously considering participation; however, there is a major issue because their relationship has yet to be revealed to the public.
In addition, some fans have been requesting that G-Dragon of Big Bang and Jessica of SNSD to be paired on the show.
Update (4/13): Miss H has been identified as Han Yu Ra (26), who had a brief stint as a model and actress on her way to a career in program writing. She recently wrote on her minihompy that she was not a celebrity in the past, nor is she now. She stated that she studied broadcasting because she wanted to work within the industry, and has good memories of modelling through a chance opportunity during university. Apparently, she has received a lot of negative publicity since news of her past came out, because she added, “I never knew this (her past in modelling and television) would become such a burdensome issue. Please help me continue to do TV scriptwriting.”
- Screencaps showing the use of computer graphics on We Got Married are creating a huge buzz. An observant viewer saw that Shin Sung Rok’s seatbelt was edited into the March 1 broadcast and spread the news on the internet. Following the public outcry, the show’s PD released a statement saying that it was not their motive to deceive viewers. He explained the circumstances and said that there was a period of around five minutes when nobody noticed that Shin Sung Rok had forgotten to put his seatbelt back on. They felt that it would be a negative influence on youth to show him without a seatbelt, so they used CG in the short scene.
- In order to better cater to its English-speaking fans, Epik High has opened up a Twitter account, YouTube account, and a website. The group’s Twitter was updated yesterday to tell fans that they’ll perform some concerts in America mid-May. Here’s the album teaser from their YouTube page:
- Lee Ha Na (Women of the Sun) has joined the cast of figure skating drama, Triple. Her character is Lee Soo Yin, a figure skating coach who was once a great athlete herself. Outside of work, Soo Yin is full of cheer and laughter; within her job, she is very responsible and thorough. Lee Ha Na has begun taking figure skating lessons in preparation for her role. The MBC drama will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning in June. It will warmly show the dreams and loves of a figure skating athlete (played by Min Hyo Rin) and three men (actors Yoon Kye Sang, Lee Jung Jae, and Lee Sun Kyun) in the advertising industry.
- For the last week of February, Byeon Jung Soo (Olive Show 2) and her family – including her two-year-old daughter! – went to volunteer with NGO Good Neighbors in India. Beginning from 2005′s trip to Bangladesh, they go overseas annually to volunteer. Byeon’s family especially has a heart for orphaned children – they currently provide some financial support for 17 orphans around the world.
- A world tour to Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, and the United States is in the works for Lee Jun Ki. In the latter half of 2009, Lee will hold fan concerts around the world. Just last month, he made it clear that he is not going to debut as a singer; hence, these events are more for the purposes of showing appreciation for his international fans rather than attempting to become a “world star” as Bi or Se7en are doing. In advance to the world tour, Lee will first hold a large fan concert on April 18 in Korea titled ‘Episode II’.