Posts Tagged ‘Won Bin’
MovieWeek ran a special featuring the top 10 beautiful faces among male and female celebrities, as chosen by various photographers. The photos are from several different sources over some period of time.
- top 10 beautiful females: Kim Hye Soo, Shin Mina, Han Ye Seul, Lee Na Young, Son Ye Jin, Su Ae, Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Soo Jung, Kim Ok Bin, Moon Geun Young
(Han Ye Seul and Son Ye Jin’s photos are labelled with the wrong number; they should be 03 and 05 respectively.)
- Bong Joon Ho and Won Bin – the director and star of Mother, respectively – shoot and pose for Vogue
KP’s note: We didn’t put up Bazaar‘s photos of Won Bin because lots of others blogs have already.
- Han Hye Jin goes underwater – despite not knowing how to swim – for InStyle
- Lee Min Ho goes to Europe – London, England to be specific – for the first time on a shoot for Vogue
- Choi Gang Hee models st. a in a Vogue shoot with a bohemian rhapsody concept
An out-of-the-country edition:
- Wheesung had his first solo concert in Japan. ‘Super Live Concert 2009-WHEESHOW in Tokyo’ was held on April 12 at C.C. Lemon Hall in Tokyo. Wheesung brought all the equipment and staff required for the performance from Korea so that the Japanese concert would be the same as the Korean one. He sang about 20 songs including “With Me”, “Love is Delicious”, and “Insomnia”. The 2000 fans at the concert fervently watched the performance, standing from the first song to the encore. A representative of the performance agency in Japan said that after the performance about 90% of the audience responded in a survey that this was a performance they wanted to watch again. The rep also added that they are in discussions with Wheesung’s agency about holding more performances in different Japanese cities such as Osaka because the feedback from the concert was better than expected. The concert will be aired in June on Mnet Japan.
- Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Beom, Kim Joon, and Ku Hye Sun – BOF‘s F4 and Keum Jan Di – attended two promotional events for the Japanese release of the drama at Tokyo JCB Hall on April 16. In total, approximately 5000 fans got to see the cast in person. When asked if there’s been any change in himself due to playing Gu Jun Pyo, Lee Min Ho answered that his expenditures have gone up – he thinks it’s from getting a taste of all the luxurious locations and good food while acting as a millionaire the drama. In response to the question, “Would you confess your feelings to a friend’s girlfriend?”, Kim Hyun Joong said jokingly, “As long as it’s not [SS501] member Park Jung Min’s girlfriend, I would.”
- Actor Won Bin spent April 4 to 13 in Gambia as part of his duties as UNICEF goodwill ambassador. During the trip, he visited slums and schools in the capital city, Banjul. He also went to the eastern region of Basse to deliver mosquito nets and vitamins for malaria prevention. Won Bin stated, “I’m grateful that I got the opportunity to do something for children.” Clips from his volunteer trip will be broadcast on April 24 on MBC’s current affairs program, W, as part of it fourth anniversary special.
- Kim Min Ji (Boys Over Flowers) captivated Chinese fans through her appearance on the popular talkshow Tian Tian Xiang Shang on April 11′s broadcast. She gained recognition in China last year as a model for a domestic mobile phone brand.
- Epik High has put up the finalized dates for their world tour in spring.
- In May, Ju Ji Hun will hold fan meetings on May 15 and 16 in Osaka and Tokyo, respectively. The Tokyo event will also serve as a birthday party, since Ju’s 27th falls on the same day. The fan meetings will be in advance of the Japanese premieres of two of Ju’s films, The Naked Kitchen (in June) and Antique Bakery. On a related note, Ju has been cast as the male lead (opposite Kim Ji Soo) in the adaptation of Japanese hit novel and movie, Tokyo Tower.
On February 14, Kim Hye Ja and Won Bin completed five months of filming for Mother (마더). The final scene was shot on set in Paju, Gyeonggi-do, between Kim Hye Ja’s character and a lawyer.
This is the upcoming movie from screenwriter-director Bong Joon Ho, known best for writing and directing 2006′s The Host (괴물). Mother is a thriller, telling the story of a rural woman (Kim Hye Ja) who defends her son (Won Bin) when he is wrongly accused of a serious crime.
The casting attracted a lot of attention, as this is Kim Hye Ja’s first film since Mayonnaise ten years ago and Won Bin’s first major project since My Brother (2004).
Filming began last September 27. It is rumoured that filming progressed slowly due to the extreme precision of Director Bong. For example, Kim Hye Ja had to shoot over 40 takes of the first scene.
Although the movie is a Korean-style thriller, its theme of maternal love is universal. Hence, the production company has been promoting overseas sales since the beginning of the project. Distribution rights have already been sold to France, Japan, Romania, among other countries.
A spokesperson for Mother said that the cast and crew will strive to complete post-production quickly so that the film can be exhibited at Cannes International Film Festival this spring. Depending on the response at Cannes, Mother is expected to hit Korean theatres mid-May 2009.