Boys Over Flowers – News Review 2
KP’s note: After seeing an English version of the Hana Yori Dango manga as well as the following poster, we will refer to the drama as Boys Over Flowers rather than Boys Before Flowers. Start searching for us under Boys Over Flowers please! Sorry for the confusion!
Drama and cast-related news, 2/8 – 2/14:
- Kim So Eun stated that if she didn’t make it as an actress, she would have chosen to be a professional skiier.
- After receiving surgery and getting some rest following his second car accident within a month, Kim Beom was discharged from the hospital. He returned to set on the afternoon of February 13 to film a poolside scene that day with F4 and Jan Di. However, his manager said that Kim is still wearing a cast and will go in and out of the hospital for the next three weeks. They are working to modify his scenes to put the least amount of stress on his foot as possible.
- Kim Joon and Ku Hye Sun will participate in famous fashion designer Andre Kim’s Beijing show on April 22. This will be Ku Hye Sun’s third time modelling for Andre Kim; the first being in 2007 with Go Joo Won and the second in 2008 with Song Chang Ui. Kim Beom, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Beom’s participation is uncertain due to potential conflict with promotional activities in Japan. However, they will model for the UNICEF fashion show at the end of April.
- Tickets for the Japanese fan meeting sold out so quickly that they are now holding two meetings to accommodate more people.
- KBS is pushing for a two-episode extension of the show. However, it is considered to be unlikely, as contracts with Kamio Yoko, the cast, and crew would all have to be renegotiated.
- Lee Min Ho’s childhood photos are being passed around like candy on the internet. Click here for some of his childhood photos along with a Korean article. The one below is noted in particular because the man in the picture is Cha Bum-Kun, current coach of the Suwon Samsung Bluewings and father of Cha Du-Ri. His mom enrolled him in Cha Bum-Kun’s soccer academy during elementary school to strengthen his body. Min Ho showed talent, so they were considering sending him to a middle school where he could play soccer. However, in fifth grade, he broke his right arm while playing another school team and quit playing for good. He is now ambidextrous due to the months when he had to use his left hand to do everything.
Did you miss anything this past week? KP’s previous coverage:
- Lee Min Jeong’s Interview – Has she had plastic surgery? What is her character like?
- Jung Eui Chul and Lee Si Young have both been cast in Ogamdo.
- BOF Fashion Comparisons
- Episode 13 Preview
- Season 2 Spoilers