Boys Over Flowers – Episodes 15 & 16 Previews
KP’s note: The following were found on message board as opposed to the KBS site; hence, we cannot guarantee 100% validity.
Episode 16 spoilers
- Jae Gyeong visits the porridge shop, and takes Jan Di and Ga Eul for manicures and shopping
- Woo Bin and Yi Jeong unsuccessfully attempt to charm Jae Gyeong so that she’ll lose interest in Jun Pyo
- Yi Jeong and Ga Eul scheme to bring Jun Pyo and Jan Di together by pretending to go on a date
- Jan Di calls Jun Pyo to help her “save” Ga Eul from Yi Jeong’s seduction
- Jun Pyo gets angry when Jan Di tells him that Jae Gyeong is a great girl
Here is the preview for episode 16! [8 min.]
KP’s note: (Warning: spoiler ahead.) Based on this preview – I haven’t watched it, but I’ve been told – about half of the KBS spoiler that has been translated at the bottom of this post has more to do with episode 16 (e.g. Jun Hee defending Jun Pyo, Ji Hu bumping into his grandfather when he goes to the clinic with Jan Di) than episode 15.
The official KBS preview clip is up on the website (although there seem to be some technical difficulties)! Here’re some info in addition to what we already know:
- Remember those shoes that Jan Di liked in Macau, and Jun Pyo fought Jae Gyeong to buy them? Well……. Ji Hu beats Jun Pyo to the punch. Ji Hu gives Jan Di the shoes saying, “I wanted to buy you something with the money that I earned with my own hands for the first time in my life.”
- While in a meeting with Jae Gyeong’s parents, Chairwoman Kang says to them, “Can anything be more important than [the] two children meeting each other?” (- KP’s note: assumably Jae Gyeong and Jun Pyo). She then turns to her son for confirmation, “Right, Jun Pyo?”
- Ji Hu offers Jan Di his arm when she arrives at the party with Ga Eul.
- In the presence of all the party attendants, Chairwoman Kang announces that Jun Pyo’s fiancee and future leader of Shin-hwa Group is in their midst.
KP’s (lengthy) note: Thanks to commenter iloveBOF who found the extended preview clip with English captions. However, read our summary for scene (d) below – I believe the YouTube sub is wrong about Ji Hu asking, “How about me hitting you?”
- a) Yi Jeong and Ga Eul are in his car. He hands over an invitation to Jun Pyo’s party and requests that she bring Jan Di. Ga Eul is clearly unhappy with Jun Pyo and asks why she should do so when he dumped Jan Di. Yi Jeong responds that he thinks something’s up, and that this will be a chance to confirm it. Ga Eul argues that Jan Di will be the one that gets hurt again. Yi Jeong is hopeful that this is all just an act on Jun Pyo’s part, but says that even if Jun Pyo meant what he said, it is for Jan Di’s own good. After all, it’s better to make a clean break and forget about each other if it’s not meant to be.
- b, c) While dragging a girl along, Jun Pyo scolds her for being so stupid to fall for his mother’s scheme. Moments later, Jun Pyo turns around to find that the girl he is pulling isn’t Jan Di – it’s his newly announced fiancee. They bicker back and forth – he wants her to go away, while she demands an apology.
- d) Jun Pyo drops by at Ji Hu’s house with the excuse that he needed somewhere to go and Ji Hu’s house was closest. Ji Hu asks, “How about me getting hit?” (KP’s note: I guess Jun Pyo hit Ji Hu earlier?) and Jun Pyo replies, “Fine! Hit me once! Go ahead!” Ji Hu laughs it off and asks about the surprise engagement announcement. Jun Pyo responds that he doesn’t know what his mother is up to. When Jun Pyo asks, “Did everyone get home ok?”, Ji Hu answers that Jan Di got home fine. Jun Pyo changes the subject and demands a present from Ji Hu – after all, it’s his birthday. Ji Hu hands over a bag and walks away. Jun Pyo opens it to find a stuffed animal and a card from Jan Di.
- e) Jan Di and Ga Eul are at a luxury clothing store with Jae Gyeong. Jae Gyeong asks Jan Di what she thinks of various outfits – does she think Jun Pyo will like it? What kind of style does he like? Jan Di tells her that Jun Pyo’s too self-absorbed about his own fashion to remember what others wear. At Jae Gyeong’s questioning, Jan Di describes what Jun Pyo is like. Jae Gyeong remarks that Jan Di must know him really well and then asks, “Will you be my dating/relationship coach??”
Episode 15 preview, translated from KBS (2/17):
“Listen to me carefully. Jun Pyo will come back. Please don’t give up on that guy (rascal) like this. Trust me. Give him one more chance. You can do that, right?” –Jun Hee to Jan Di
It is difficult for Jan Di – who has returned from Macau – to get a grip on her increasingly absent-minded self. In order to escape thoughts of Jun Pyo, she purposely works even more diligently than usual. Due to an errand Jan Di is sent on by “Master” (her boss, Bom Choon Sik), she visits the elderly **fisherman/doctor’s medical clinic and feels refreshed by the atmosphere there.
When Jan Di meets up with Jun Hee who has come back to Korea, she releases her true feelings (that she had been suppressing) to Jun Pyo’s sister. Jun Hee, feeling both sympathetic and grateful towards Jan Di, stands up to her mother and asks that she not turn Jun Pyo into another pawn.
Jun Pyo returns home to attend Shin-hwa University. His mother invites Jan Di to Jun Pyo’s birthday party. After much reluctance, Jan Di goes to the party, only to be confronted with the announcement of Jun Pyo’s betrothal. In the midst of everyone’s shock (including Jun Pyo and F4’s), the girl who Jan Di met in Macau (Jae Gyeong) is dragged [onto stage]….
**KP’s note: The doctor is Ji Hu’s grandfather, patron of Bom Porridge Shop and the former president.