Boys Over Flowers – Episodes 18 & 19 Previews
Episode 19 preview, translated from KBS:
“Jun Pyo. If the person you love is put into a difficult situation because of you… can you let her go?”
“You…. Do you think you can love anyone besides for Seo Hyun?”
After running out of the clinic, Ji Hu wanders in the rain, distressed, and then collapses into Jan Di’s arms. As Jan Di nurses him overnight, her heart feels increasingly troubled; at the same time, Jun Pyo’s becomes more and more unsettled while waiting at her place.
After receiving her proposal for a date, Yi Jeong makes Ga Eul feel hurt and uncomfortable due to his continual interactions with other females. However, since finding out about Yi Jeong’s inner (emotional) pain, she looks upon Yi Jeong with pity.
When Chairwoman Kang finds out about Jun Pyo’s whereabouts, she orders that he be put on house arrest and then pays a visit to Jan Di’s rooftop room. Unable to restrain herself, she insults Jan Di in front of Ji Hu, Woo Bin, and Ji Hu. To cheer her up, the F3 and Ga Eul return the next day to throw a remodelling event for Jan Di’s “Love House”. Jae Gyeong, who has managed to get Jun Pyo out of the house, also joins in [with him]. Within the harmonious atmosphere they begin to play a game of “Truth”; however, strained emotions arise.
Episode 19’s eight-minute preview is available here. (Thanks to iloveBOF for the link!) A summary of the important points are below.
- Jae Gyeong asks Jun Pyo which he would choose – love or friendship – if he could only pick one.
- The F3 come over uninvited to Jan Di’s new place for a housewarming. Just as Ji Hu brings up Jun Pyo’s name, someone else knocks on the door.
- As Jan Di’s brother leaves for the seaside where their parents are, he tells Jan Di, “I think he still likes you”. He says it while he’s on the train and Jan Di is on the platform, so she doesn’t understand him.
- Yi Jeong is with Ga Eul as she works on pottery at the studio. However, his mood goes dark when he sees the necklace that Ga Eul is planning to make – Eun Jae’s puzzle piece. He angrily demands her to tell him where she got it. When she responds that it’s her teacher’s, he leaves. (Apparently, Ga Eul still hasn’t clued in to all of the hints that Eun Jae has dropped regarding her first love.)
- Before leaving for the States, Jun Hee introduces Jan Di as a new maid to the head maidservant.
The character of Tama in Hana Yori Dango is the most senior of servants. Tama is played by Kim Young Ok (Glory of Family, Strongest Chil Woo) who has been in over a dozen dramas in only the past five years.
Episode 18’s eight-minute preview is available here.
Episode 18 preview, translated from KBS:
“That young lady is like a lotus flower that can make mud clear. Hold her dearly (in high esteem). She’s a lotus who can make a family for you.” — Buddhist monk to Ji Hu
As her mind struggles with all the events that occurred at the resort, Jan Di finds temporary peace at a Buddhist temple that she visits with Ji Hu on their way back to Seoul. However, when she arrives home, she is greeted with the news that her parents have decided to move to a fishing village.
Jun Pyo hears about the particulars regarding Jan Di’s [shoulder] injury from Yi Jeong and belatedly feels both guilt and regret. Jan Di, who has moved into a rooftop room [with her brother], is surprised when Jun Pyo unexpectedly shows up as her neighbour.
Ga Eul takes courage from her conversation with Eun Jae when she is told that it isn’t good for love to remain hidden or suppressed, and asks Yi Jeong out on a date. He firmly rejects her, but then turns up a few days later with a resolute expression in front of Ga Eul as she is leaving work.
- Jan Di is thrown from seeing Jae Gyeong and Jun Pyo together. Seeing that Jan Di feels depressed, Ji Hu comforts her.
- Jun Pyo ultimately rejects Jae Gyeong’s advances. Jae Gyeong sits in her room alone, gloomily eating ice cream as she realizes that Jun Pyo must have been Jan Di’s boyfriend.
- The next morning, she tells Jan Di that she didn’t get any sleep because her and Jun Pyo had an eventful (“historic”) night together. She says that Jun Pyo left early because he was embarrassed and that she’s leaving now to follow him “like a thread follows a needle”. Once Jae Gyeong leaves Ji Hu and Jan Di’s presence, she sheds tears.
- Jan Di and Ji Hu visit a Buddhist temple and make wishes for each other- (he wishes for her university acceptance and she wishes for his happiness).
- Jan Di’s parents find work by the coast and move to the seaside where Jan Di’s uncle lives, leaving Jan Di and her brother to find a cheap place to live in.
- Jun Pyo moves into a nearby room (presumably to watch over Jan Di’s safety).
- During pottery class, Eun Jae and Ga Eul converse. Eun Jae encourages Ga Eul to confess her feelings to the person she likes. Eventually, Ga Eul goes to Yi Jeong’s house and surprises him by asking him out on a date. He initially turns her down.
- Some information is revealed regarding Woo Bin’s family background.
- KP’s note: In the extended preview, Ga Eul asks Eun Jae if she ever confessed her love to the boy, and Eun Jae smiles and answers, “Hmm… confess? Did I confess?” as if she’s not quite sure. I’m guessing that like the Japanese version, Eun Jae had tried to indirectly confess her love in the past, but Yi Jeong didn’t see or realize it. If they follow the Japanese manga and drama, Ga Eul will be the one who shows Yi Jeong that Eun Jae loved him.
KP’s note: Don’t forget to source us if you use put up our information!