Boys Over Flowers – News Review 6
3/8 – 3/14
- The controversy surrounding Jang Ja Yeon’s death continues, as her manager attempted (but failed) to commit suicide this past week. (KP’s note: Refer to Dramabeans for a summary. KP will not write about the scandal until more information is confirmed by investigators.)
- Kim Beom and Kim Joon have each announced plans to pursue solo singing activities upcoming months. Kim Beom will debut as a singer in Japan by recording a single once Boys Over Flowers finishes. Kim Joon will first release a digital single in Korea around June, and then proceed to release it in Japan.
- Lee Min Ho is confirmed to be the new model for men’s apparel brand Trugen. He replaces Zo In Sung who has modelled for Trugen for the past five years. (KP’s note: Check out Zo in Trugen’s spring ’09 catalogue here.)
- Ku Hye Sun’s novel, Tango, will be released on March 31. The title was inspired by Ryuichi Sakamoto’s song of the same name. She said that the main character is similar to herself, and the story is about a woman’s experiences with love. Ku is also working to release a new age music album of songs that she composed for the piano.
- Song Woo Bin (played by Kim Joon) was supposed to have a special feature episode dedicated to his life (family, etc.). However, it was announced on March 12 that they have decided not to do this special feature due to organization complexities as well as concern that the show would not attract high viewership ratings without the other BOF stars.