Boys Over Flowers – Recent Filming II
Update (3/22): Some information has been added regarding the scenes beyond the jump. Also, here’s a million and one photos (KP’s note: I’m barely exaggerating); link provided by commenter rethasapi.
- Lee Min Ho and Kim Joon film Jun Pyo’s getaway with Woo Bin.
- The cast and crew filmed a fishing trip (Jan Di, Ji Hu, Ji Hu’s grandfather) in Incheon (Muui-do). Ku Hye Sun, Lee Hyun Joong, and Lee Jung Gil got approval from the PD within just a few takes of the scene.
Jan Di: How does it taste?
Grandfather: You should know that I’m only eating it because the fish would be wasted otherwise.
- Jan Di and Jun Pyo’s last date (a day trip) before she leaves to go see her family was also filmed in Incheon (Silmi-do). This is Jan Di’s first and last time taking the initiative to ask him out on a date and plan it. Jun Pyo does not know that Jan Di plans to leave him afterwards.
Audio was not being recorded for several scenes, so Ku Hye Sun and Lee Min Ho appeared to be enjoying themselves. They made the staff laugh with their silly dialogue (since they could say whatever they wanted). For example, she asked him, “Gu Jun Pyo, why aren’t you going to the army? Tycoons don’t go to the army?” and he answered, “Chairwoman Kang is going to get me out of it.” Ku then said, “This is Silmi-do. Do you know of the island called Silmi-do?” upon which Lee responded jokingly, “It looks like New Caledonia.”
Bystanders felt pity for Ku and Lee, who were dressed for spring despite the cold wind. They had to attempt several takes of the picnic scene due to the strong wind that kept messing up Lee Min Ho’s hair. Lee commented, “I can’t do anything because of my hair.” After they successfully filmed the scene, Ku Hye Sun went around feeding the staff the leftover food from the picnic.
The final scene to be filmed was their kiss at Yungjong-do Wangsan Beach. Jun Pyo asks Jan Di, “Aren’t you going to tell me that you like me? What kind of person am I to you?” and she responds, along with a kiss. The first take was an NG because they didn’t know where they had to stand for the kiss. The second NG was due to the wind messing up their hair during the kiss. Lee Min Ho then loosened some of the tension on set when he told the PD, “Jan Di has to wipe her runny nose”. The loud sound of the wind caused the third NG. At this time, Lee Min Ho made Ku Hye Sun laugh by remarking, “Ah, the left side of my face should be shown [on screen],” (implying that the left side of his face is his best side). They finally got an “OK” from the PD after seven takes. However, this wasn’t the end of filming for the day. A staff member called out, “Move to the Hyatt”, upon which the crew packed up to go to Seoul Hyatt Hotel where Kim Hyun Joong (Ji Hu) was waiting.
- Jun Pyo takes out his anger on a game machine.
- UPDATE (3/26): Our source believes that this will be included in the “4 years later” ending because it was not included in the episode 24 script.
Kim Beom and Kim So Eun film what appears to be a date scene. Observant netizens have been quick to note that there was no audio equipment (such as microphones) being used. Hence, they believe that it will be broadcast as a scene with no dialogue and just music in the background. Bystanders said that Ga Eul was acting very playful and cute, while Yi Jeong took photos of her (and vice-versa).
However, there are conflicting reports because there will eventually be a scene when Yi Jeong wants to talk to Ga Eul but she cuts him off saying that she’ll leave him alone now.