Boys Over Flowers – Episodes 22 & 23 Previews
Episode 23 preview clip, available here.
Episode 23 preview, translated from KBS:
‘I can tolerate hunger and I can tolerate the cold… but there’s just one thing I can’t stand… when people who I love face hardship because of me.’ –Jan Di
Thanks to Ga Eul’s troubled efforts to turn Yi Jeong’s heart around, Eun Jae’s confession that Yi Jeong had overlooked three years ago is finally revealed. Yi Jeong stands on a building rooftop, and when his eyes are uncovered by Ga Eul, a message appears like magic in front of him.
When Chairwoman Kang finds out about Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s enjoyable secret date, she begins to attack those dear to Jan Di as a final tactic. Upon finding out about the circumstances that her loved ones have been put into, Jan Di makes an important decision.
Update (3/21): Thank you to all readers who gave KP the links to previews and photos. ^^
Episode 22 preview clip with English subs, available here.
Episode 22 preview, translated from KBS:
“Why me? Me – who is not beautiful, has no money and no fame…. why in the world do you like me?”
“Because money, fame, looks….I have them all. There’s nothing else necessary. Keum Jan Di, all you need to do is be Keum Jan Di.”
Following all the twists and turns, Jun Pyo enters the wedding hall and the ceremony is smoothly under way. However, due to Jae Gyeong’s tactics, the wedding of the century becomes a mess. Jan Di and Jun Pyo sneak off to a beautiful resort and have a lovely night together. They reaffirm their feelings for each other.
At the same time, Jae Gyeong meets up with Ji Hu to give back [Jandi’s] star necklace and expresses her disappointment to him. The next day, Jae Gyeong boards a plane to New York after entreating Jan Di and Jun Pyo not to let her decision become futile.
Jan Di and Jun Pyo’s happy time together is just momentary. Due to the break-up, Shin-hwa Group is in a critical situation and Chairwoman Kang’s wrath is directed towards Jan Di.
Episode 22 & 23 spoilers:
KP’s note: So, after our false source last time, we’re very reluctant to post up spoilers – especially because they were posted onto YouTube and other sites, and we felt quite guilty. The following spoilers were posted before episode 21 aired. However, they seem to match the preview that KBS posted afterwards. Hence, we’re going to trust this source and post these for our readers. You can decide whether or not to believe them!
- Five people – Jae Gyeong, F3, and Ga Eul – speak up and object to the marriage during the ceremony. The objections were not planned – once Jae Gyeong objects first, the rest follow on impulse.
- There’s a specific reason that Jun Pyo HAD to go ahead with the ceremony. It is the same reason that Jan Di WAS NOT at the wedding. There’s also a specific reason why Jae Gyeong refused to comply with Jun Pyo’s request (when he begged her to cancel the wedding the night before).
- After the wedding ceremony falls apart, Ga Eul is touched by the turn of events and sobs.
- Ga Eul believes in happy endings, but Yi Jeong says that he doesn’t.
- Jun Pyo and Jan Di reunite on a yacht. (KP’s note: This can be assumed by the fact that her bodyguard, Chen, is on the boat.) He hugs her tightly.
- During the couple’s night together, they waltz, look at stars with binoculars, talk about his father, share a kiss, and smile a lot for no reason. Jun Pyo says, “I love you”. They sleep in separate single rooms.
- Jae Gyeong approaches Ji Hu as he’s horseback riding. As she hands back Jan Di’s necklace to Ji Hu, Jae Gyeong tells him that she had hoped the J♡J stood for Ji Hu ♡ Jan Di.
- Jae Gyeong leaves for New York, carrying the shoes [left on the ground by Jun Pyo] that she picked up at the airport in Macau.
- Jun Pyo is informed by the Chairwoman’s secretary that Ji Hu’s grandfather has invited Jan Di to stay at the Yoon residence.
- Woo Bin helps Jun Pyo escape from his house, but they are chased by the Gu household security. However, the Song security defends them so that Jun Pyo can make a safe escape to meet Jan Di.
- Jun Pyo calls Jan Di to come out on a date at the zoo, and she shows up with a young boy! The child is the son of a patient at the clinic [she volunteers at], and she had volunteered to watch over him for a bit. At first, Jun Pyo was displeased, but he then ended up enjoying the time with the little boy. A disaster then occurs at the hands of Chairwoman Kang. (KP’s note: Our source said that this disaster isn’t the one that causes Jun Pyo’s memory loss.)
- Woo Bin gets some one-on-one time with Jan Di and thanks her for everything she’s done for Ji Hu.
- Yi Jeong continues to mope over Eun Jae. Ga Eul tells him determinedly that she will make sure he can use his hand again.
- Due to Jae Gyeong and Jun Pyo’s split, their respective companies are no longer carrying on with their business deal. As Shin-hwa’s stock prices fall, Chairwoman Kang seeks out Jan Di and threatens her. At that moment, Ji Hu’s grandfather appears and helps Jan Di out. However, this event inspires Chairwoman Kang to change her tactics. In the end, she hurts Jan Di greatly.
- Boys Over Flowers will follow the Hana Yori Dango storyline very closely in regards to Eun Jae’s hidden message for Yi Jeong on the rooftop. Ga Eul searches all over in order to discover what Yi Jeong had missed. Once she finds it, she takes Yi Jeong there to show him, and he breaks down and sobs.
- Jan Di and Jun Pyo’s final date together before she leaves for the seaside (without telling him) is a picnic.
- Jun Pyo, depressed after Jan Di’s departure, gets drunk at a club and is arrested for trying to destroy property (a game machine). As Jun Hee witnesses her little brother falling apart, she feels sad for him.
- WARNING: HUGE SPOILER
WARNING: HUGE SPOILER
WARNING: HUGE SPOILER
Jun Hee discovers that their father is still alive and has a huge confrontation with their mother. As she leaves to go see him, she asks Jun Pyo to come but he refuses.
- Ji Hu and Woo Bin invite Jun Pyo to come along with them somewhere, but he turns down their offer. Ji Hu says, “Come or don’t come” and puts a piece of paper down on the pool table before leaving.
- Jan Di takes care of a man in a coma. (KP’s note: You can deduce who this man could be.)