KP’s note: Sorry we’re late with a lot of stuff. As we wrote in KP’s Note 1 several hours ago, we’re struggling with a heavy workload. Ummmm… better late than never?
- Solbi’s face has healed since March 7, when Music Core viewers were alarmed to see that her face was swollen and questioned whether it was a result of gaining weight or plastic surgery. Solbi confirmed soon after that it was a bit of both – she had gotten some work done on her eyes, plus she claimed to have gained some weight during her break as well. However, she was back to normal by March 14.
- On March 21, Kim Jong Kook held his first concert in five years. The ‘2009 Kim Jong Kook Concert Just Listen’ at Ehwa Women’s University had 3000 attendees, including Cha Tae Hyun, Yoon Eun Hye, and Hong Kyung Min. His Family Outing colleagues sent messages via video that were shown during the concert. Mikey from Kim’s old group, Turbo, was a guest rapper. His fellow agency members, Mighty Mouse, also joined Kim on stage.
- Son Ho Young had a fan meeting (‘Son Ho Young’s Birthday Party & Mini Concert’) on March 21 at Jayang-dong’s Noori Art Centre. The event was hosted by comedians, Lee Su Geun and Han Min Kwan. Former g.o.d. colleagues Danny Ahn and Kim Tae Woo were surprise guests, who joined Son on stage to sing g.o.d’s “0%”. This was Kim’s first public appearance since being discharged from the army in February. Ahn forgot part of the first verse, although he recovered to deliver a strong rap performance. Son revealed that this year, he has plans lined up for some small concerts in the summer as well acting projects.
*KP’s note: Lee and Han not kissing – they’re playing a game where they have to bite the candy between their teeth to be as small as possible.
- Kim Hye Ja returned safely from a volunteer trip in Sudan with World Vision. Her first overseas trip with the organization was back in 1992 when she visited Ethiopia. She particularly enjoys volunteering to work with children.
- YG Entertainment’s artists, Big Bang and “female Big Bang” are spokesmodels for LG Cyon’s Lollipop phone. The female group – Sandara Park, Park Bom, Kong Min Ji, and CL – will finally begin promotional activities with the release of their digital single, “Lollipop”, on March 27, followed by the first broadcast of the CF on March 28. However, the group will not officially debut until May 2009. G-Dragon is in charge of producing for the female group.
- Han Ji Hye left on March 23 for a two-week trip to Italy. The purpose of this trip is to receive training in preparation to create a celebrity line of shoes for designer Jinny Kim. Her experience in Itally will be recorded and then broadcast in May on cable channel Olive TV’s It’s a Beautiful Day – Vacations to Discover Dreams.
- Epik High opened their fully bilingual official site (http://mapthesoul.com) on March 21, only to have it crash shortly after due to the 300,000 hits. The site is now up and running. Of particular interest are the Map the Soul members’ blogs – check them out!