- The Coach tote designed by Kim Hyun Joong raised approximately $2000 USD for Childfund Korea. His was one of 20 celebrity-designed totes auctioned off for charity as part of Coach Tastemaker Totes Project.
- Couple alert – Actor Ha Jung Woo (31) has confirmed that he is in a relationship with model Goo Eun Ae (23). The two have been dating since last August upon being introduced by a mutual friend.
Ha is set to appear in five movies in 2009. Goo graduated this year from Ewha Womans University’s Dance program. She appeared in Kim Gun Mo’s 2008 MV, “Kiss”.
- MC Mong completed his interview for medical school on April 8. He is planning to unofficially attend university for upcoming Mnet reality show, MC Mong Goes to Medical School. (This is being called the second season of the Mnet program; the first season was Suh In Young’s Kaist.) Although he is currently awaiting the school’s decision, the program is already scheduled to be broadcast beginning on April 23.
- Six months after replacing Yoon Do Hyun’s Love Letter, Lee Hana’s Peppermint has been cancelled by KBS. Lee Ha Na’s agency stated that the cancellation came as a shock to her. The show will be replaced this spring by a new music program with Yoo Hee Yeol (Toy) hosting.
Lee Ha Na is currently acting as a figure skating coach in upcoming MBC drama, Triple. She is also scheduled to film two movies this spring.
- Jeong Jae Young and Jung Ryeo Won were present for Castaway On The Moon‘s press conference at Apgujeong CGV on April 7.
- It has been confirmed that Hyun Young (33) and Kim Jong Min (30) ended their two-year relationship this past March. Hyun Young stated that they began to drift apart from the beginning of 2009, but took a few months to make their final decision to separate.
- Younha’s third album, peace love & ice cream, will be released on April 16. For the promotional photo shoot (concept: “lovely girl”), she dyed and permed her hair for the first time.
Her first feature film, Next Sunday (今度の日曜日に), will premiere on April 11 in Tokyo. Younha plays a Korean student who falls in love with an older Japanese man (Somegoro Ichikawa) while studying abroad. The part was specially written for her by director Kenmochi Satoki.