- The first still cut has been released for Fourth Period Mystery (4교시 추리영역), co-starring Kim So Eun and Yoo Seung Ho.
- Netizens were shocked to discover that Lee Philip (The Slingshot) is from a well-off family who lives in a luxurious house in America. His father, Simon Lee (Lee Soo Dong), is the president and CEO of a successful IT company called STG in Virginia. The business earns almost $200 million USD in annual revenue. Although Lee Philip also graduated in an IT-related Master’s program from his father’s alma mater, George Washington University, he chose to pursue his dream of acting.
- Lee Jung Hyun released still cuts from the music video for “Crazy”, the title track of her upcoming mini-album. The album, Avaholic, will be sold in Korea beginning on May 19.
Actors Sol Kyung Gu (Public Enemy Returns) and Song Yoon Ah (On Air) held a press conference on May 9, ahead of their upcoming marriage. Although the two have known each other for years from co-starring in two films, they claimed that they’ve only been dating for a year and a half. The couple was extremely cautious not to be caught dating before announcing their wedding plans; hence, many dates took place at Song’s office. They admitted that it was extremely difficult to get Song’s parents’ permission to marry. (KP’s note: This is just a personal assumption, but if you believe Korean dramas, most parents are not so willing to give up their never-married daughter to a divorced man.) The two will get married in a Catholic ceremony on the evening of May 28.
- Celebrity couple Byul and Jeon Sang Hwan celebrated the 1000th day since their first meeting with a party on May 4. The two singers met at a Bible study group for Christian entertainers in October 2007. On May 10, they went on a public date at a baseball match between the Doosan Bears and the Hanhwa Eagles, where Byul was invited to throw the opening pitch.
- Writer/director Kwak Kyung Taek’s current project, Friend, Our Legend, has been filming the material required for 20 episodes in advance, and is now 80% complete. Kim Min Joon and Hyun Bin are starring in the television remake of Kwak’s 2001 hit film, Friend. The broadcasting station is to be decided shortly, and the drama will likely begin airing in late summer.