- Viewers are growing increasingly frustrated with two of Triple‘s love lines – Ha Ru chasing after Hwan (her stepbrother) and Hyun Tae pursuing Soo Yin (his best friend Hwal’s wife). Following this week’s broadcasts, many viewers posted complaints online saying that the forced relationships were extremely uncomfortable to watch. Triple‘s ratings continue to hover around 7%.
- Brilliant Legacy surpassed 40% viewership on Sunday, officially making it a national drama. In episode 24, Eun Sung (Han Hyo Joo) turned down Jun Se (Bae Soo Bin)’s job offer as well as his love while Hwan (Lee Seung Gi) disappointed Seung Mi (Moon Chae Won) by telling her that he hasn’t liked anyone until now. Jinsung Foods is also in crisis with Jun Se’s father and Seung Mi’s mother plotting against Hwan’s grandmother and Eun Sung. The show has four more episodes before being replaced by Style.
- Shinhwa member Kim Dong Wan wrote an open letter to Amy, Lee Min Woo’s ex-girlfriend, on his minihompy. He blasted her for speaking [negatively] about Min Woo in a recently published interview with ISplus. Labelling her actions as weird and messy, Kim requested that she no longer talks about her ex-boyfriend in interviews. Kim defended his friend’s character (which Amy sort of implied was not honest) and said, “Like you would know him better than we – who have spent 12 years with him – do”. He also questioned why the journalist wrote this interview when he/she must have known that Amy would get spoken ill of. Kim Dong Wan is currently serving military duty.
- Actress Song Ji Hyo, who starred in A Frozen Flower and Goong, volunteered in Baseco, Philippines as the 10th part of tvN’s World Special LOVE project. She helped set up a school in the community and acted as a dental assistant. “Song Ji Hyo’s Episode: The Road to Baseco” was broadcast on July 11. tvn’s World Special LOVE series began last May to highlight international charity work by featuring Korean celebrities on the program.
- Kim Myung Min said on July 10’s broadcast of Section TV Entertainment Report that he never wants to diet again. While filming My Love By My Side, Kim lost 20 kilograms to realistically portray a Lou Gehrig’s patient. He went from weighing 72 kilograms during Beethoven Virus to a mere 52 kilograms at a height of 180 centimetres. (He has gained some weight back after the completion of filming.) In addition, Kim said that he had daily nightmares of going to the hospital and being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s Disease.