Posts Tagged ‘Bae Soo Bin’
- After releasing on their respective solo albums, Horan and Alex returned to the electronica genre with DJ Clazzi. Clazziquai Project released its fourth album, Mucho Punk, on July 14. A slight variation of the album was released at the beginning of this month in Japan under the title Mucho Musica. They will perform on Mnet Countdown on July 23 and live at Seongnam ARt Center on August 21 and 22.
- SBS will broadcast a special program for its weekend hit Brilliant Legacy on Monday, August 3. Kang Ho Dong – Lee Seung Gi’s close colleague and show fan (refer to the fourth point in Minimix 29) – will be host the program and give viewers a glimpse behind the scenes. Lee Seung Gi, Han Hyo Joo, Bae Soo Bin, Moon Chae Won, and other cast members will participate in filming the special on July 30.
- Joo Jin Mo, Kim Beom, Son Dam Bi, Choi Yeo Jin and the rest of the cast and crew of SBS drama Dream kicked things off with a ceremony on July 15 at Ilsan Production Center.
The other lead cast member is Park Sang Won (Hateful But Once Again) as CEO Kang Kyung Tak. Julien Kang, Marcos Benjamin Lee, Hyun Woo, and Chung Lim have minor roles as Flower Fighters 101 (Double F 101) – a group of good-looking martial artists. Dream is scheduled to premiere on July 27 on SBS following Ja Myung Go‘s early exit.
- Actress Kim Sung Eun (Returned Earthen Bowl) and athlete Jung Jo Gook (FC Seoul) will hold their wedding at 6pm on December 11 at Walkerhill W Hotel’s Vista Hall. The two are approaching their one year anniversary, having been introduced to each other by friends last July. Both are in their mid-twenties, with Kim being several months older than Jung.
- Mother, starring Kim Hye Ja and Won Bin, has been invited to have its North American premiere at the 34th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) in September. The TIFF describes it as “a unique noir thriller that digs into the secrecy surrounding a terrible murder and the mystery of a mother’s primal love for her son” and praises director Bong Joon Ho.
Update (6/9): Seven of the eight segments have completed production. The segments will be released in theatres at the end of July and then simultaneously broadcast on Korea and Japanese television in October. Also, a couple of stills from Triangle have been released.
A massive Korea-Japan telecinema production consisting of seven two-hour segments is being created by various well-reputed Japanese screenwriters and Korean directors. Each mini-project will be broadcast as a two-part story on TV (Korea – SBS; Japan – Asahi TV), as well as be released as a film in theatres. They are rumoured to begin showing in September of 2009.
Out of the seven segments that were to be produced, six are already filmed or in the process of filming. The production company is currently in discussions with screenwriter Nojima Shinji about the possibility of making an eighth segment.
Go beyond the jump to read about the all-star cast (Cha In Pyo! Kang Hye Jung! Kang Ji Hwan!) and other released details of each segment.
KP’s note: This post will be updated as further details are released. They are still in the process of making changes; for example, Kim Suna just recently dropped out. Each time we update, we will make the post “sticky” so that it appears at the top of the blog’s front page and highlight the most recent additions or alterations. For this reason, we ask that this post not be copied and pasted onto other webpages until more information is finalized. Thank you.
Read the rest of this entry »
Drama: Brilliant Legacy (English title confirmed by SBS for 찬란한 유산); formerly known as Life is Beautiful (인생은 아름다워)
Broadcast Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays at 10pm on SBS; begins April 25, 2009
Episodes: 26 28
Director: Jin Hyuk
Screenwriter: So Hyun Kyung
- Han Hyo Joo – Ko Eun Sung (24) *
- Lee Seung Gi – Sunwoo Hwan (27)
- Moon Chae Won – Yoo Seung Mi (24)
- Bae Soo Bin – Park Joon Se (29)
- Kim Mi Sook – Baek Sung Hee
- Han Ye Won – Sunwoo Jung
- Ban Hyo Jung – Chang Sook Ja
- Yoo Ji In – Oh Young Ran
* Ages in brackets are the CHARACTERS’ ages, not the actors’ ages. The first three actors are playing older than they actually are in real life; Bae Soo Bin is playing a few years younger.
Update (3/31): The drama’s title is now Brilliant Legacy (창란한 유산).
Lee Seung Gi is expected make his acting comeback through weekend drama Life is Beautiful (인생은 아름다워, 2009). If he signs on, this will be his first drama since Famous Princesses in 2006. 1N2D fans need not worry – his publicist stated that even if Seung Gi takes this part, he will continue to appear on the variety show since it films only once every two weeks.
Life is Beautiful will be broadcast starting April 18 on SBS following the end of Glory of Family. Jin Hyuk (On Air) is the drama PD. The drama will follow the lives of four adults in their twenties – played by Lee, Han Hyo Joo (Iljimae), Moon Chae Won (Painter of the Wind), and Bae Soo Bin (Painter of the Wind).