Posts Tagged ‘Jang Hyuk’
- Kim Hyun Joong is appearing in the music video for Kim Joon’s first solo track. Kim Joon’s agency representative said that Kim Hyun Joong gave Kim Joon a lot of counsel in preparation for his first solo activity. The title of this song, “Ready OK! (준비 OK!)”, has a double meaning – not only does it mean “Ready… OK!”, it also says “Joon, Be OK” (according to the pronunciation of the Korean title). Members of Kim Joon’s group, T-Max, have all completed recording tracks for their solo collection album to be released online July 9.
- On June 27, 600 of Ryu Si Won’s Japanese fans – from their twenties to sixties – visited Korea to watch him on the set of Style. Ryu introduced his fans to the drama’s director, staff, and actors. Following three hours of filming at a restaurant in the Seoul History Museum, the fans went over to Shilla Hotel for a private fan meeting with the actor.
- Cha Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk each gave a special lecture to 100 aspiring and rookie actors at C.A.S.T., iHQ’s acting training center, on June 13 and 27 respectively. They imparted words of wisdom and counsel as actors who have been in the entertainment industry for over a dozen years. The two belong to SidusHQ, the management division of iHQ.
- Sugapoint‘s brand model, Chung Lim, filmed a music video with Joo Ah Min for a digital single album. Like 2ne1′s “Lollipop”, the music video for the song is going to be used as a CF for Sugapoint. The music video will show Chung Lim at an auto mechanics centre dreaming of becoming a car racer and Joo Ah Min at a motorcycle painting shop dreaming of becoming a showbike rider. Joo Ah Min’s boyfriend, MC Mong, visited the filming set to cheer them on.
Chung Lim is transitioning from singing to acting, as he has recently been added to the cast of SBS drama Dream, starring Joo Jin Mo, Kim Beom, and Son Dam Bi.
- The poster for Paju, starring Lee Sun Kyun and Seo Woo, was released today. Its tagline is, “I want it more because it’s forbidden”.
- Solbi revealed the story behind her song, “[You] Will Be Punished” on June 7′s broadcast of MBC Quiz to Change the World. She said that the song was written as she thought about her ex-boyfriend. Two years ago, Solbi’s boyfriend cheated on her with another celebrity, despite the fact that he and Solbi loved one another. She admitted that although she doesn’t feel hatred when she bumps into her ex once in awhile, she doesn’t wish him well either. MC Kim Gu Ra added that he once did a program with the guy in question. The ex is apparently someone that everyone is familiar with.
Regarding her next album, Solbi made the studio laugh by saying, “When I did dance music, I was spoken ill of (insulted) a little more directly but now that I’m doing ballads, I think people don’t even care anymore. So I’m planning to just [go back to] dance for my next album.”
- Actress Han Ji Hye gave out “shoes styling” tips to customers at the Jinny Kim shop in Sogong-dong’s Lotte Department Store. Han recently endeavored into shoe design by creating the H by Jinny Kim line. Her journey to Italy for the project will be shown on O’live channel’s She’s Olive – Ji Hye’s Shoes – My Dream. Shoes from the H by Jinny Kim line are reportedly selling well.
- Sung Yu Ri and Jang Hyuk wrapped filming for The Rabbit and the Lizard (토끼와 리저드) early this month and await the movie’s release at the end of the year.
Update (6/30): Official segment titles have been added.
Ogamdo is a star-packed omnibus of five interconnected segments, each directed by a [different] top Korean director. Although the film’s main theme is eros, the poster states that it is “a story of more than eros”.
- Lee Seung Gi and Kim Suna are new graduates. Lee completed his major in International Trade at Dongguk University, while Kim graduated from the Theatre & Film program at Kyunghee University.
- Jang Hyuk has been confirmed as the male lead in The Rabbit & the Lizard (working title – 토끼와 리저드). His character’s name is Eun Seol, a cab driver who has a rare heart condition. Although gruff on the outside, he is actually rather warm and gentle. Through helping May discover her past, he finds love and hope within himself. Read below for KP’s previously posted information on the movie:
Sung Yu Ri (Hong Gil Dong) is studying English for her first movie (tentative title - The Rabbit & the Lizard) role. Filming will begin mid-February. Her character is named May, a Korean adoptee returning to her place of birth after twenty three years to find her identity. Sung began taking intensive English lessons three months ago so that she can play the role convincingly. The production company representative said that all filming will take place in Korea and most of the script will be in Korean. The male lead was cast recently, but has yet to be announced.
- Harisu filmed a cameo for Return of Iljimae for an episode to be broadcast mid-March. She agreed to the role after receiving a “love call” from PD Hwang In Roe (pronounced Rwae). Her character is a fortune teller hired by Iljimae’s rival.
- MC Mong confessed that he is currently in love through his Cy minihompy on February 19. He claims that his non-celebrity girlfriend is a strong Christian who has inspired him to change his ways and “turn around his rotten spirit”.
- Ryu Siwon will star in a new drama called Style (스타일), an adaptation of the award-winning novel about journalists at a fashion magazine. He will play Park Woo Jin, a former plastic surgeon and current restaurant owner-chef. The screenplay is being written by In Eun Ah (Goong and Love Marriage).
- Seo In Young is among the celebrities who have pledged to donate their corneas upon death, following the example set by Cardinal Stephen (Kim Sou-hwan). Cardinal Stephen passed away on February 16 due to respiratory problems.
- Lee Jung Jae has joined Lee Sun Kyun, Min Hyo Rin, and Yoon Kye Sang on the cast of Triple. He takes on the part that was previously rumoured to be Kang Ji Hwan’s.
- Kim Rae Won spent 12 hours in a Gangwon-do valley stream for filming of Insadong Scandal. Although the temperature was -18 and it was possible to use computer graphics to create the scene, Kim wanted to make it as realistic as possible and insisted on filming there. After completing the scene, he said that he had never felt such bitter cold in his entire life.