Posts Tagged ‘Joo Ah Min’
- Kim Hyun Joong is appearing in the music video for Kim Joon’s first solo track. Kim Joon’s agency representative said that Kim Hyun Joong gave Kim Joon a lot of counsel in preparation for his first solo activity. The title of this song, “Ready OK! (준비 OK!)”, has a double meaning – not only does it mean “Ready… OK!”, it also says “Joon, Be OK” (according to the pronunciation of the Korean title). Members of Kim Joon’s group, T-Max, have all completed recording tracks for their solo collection album to be released online July 9.
- On June 27, 600 of Ryu Si Won’s Japanese fans – from their twenties to sixties – visited Korea to watch him on the set of Style. Ryu introduced his fans to the drama’s director, staff, and actors. Following three hours of filming at a restaurant in the Seoul History Museum, the fans went over to Shilla Hotel for a private fan meeting with the actor.
- Cha Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk each gave a special lecture to 100 aspiring and rookie actors at C.A.S.T., iHQ’s acting training center, on June 13 and 27 respectively. They imparted words of wisdom and counsel as actors who have been in the entertainment industry for over a dozen years. The two belong to SidusHQ, the management division of iHQ.
- Sugapoint‘s brand model, Chung Lim, filmed a music video with Joo Ah Min for a digital single album. Like 2ne1’s “Lollipop”, the music video for the song is going to be used as a CF for Sugapoint. The music video will show Chung Lim at an auto mechanics centre dreaming of becoming a car racer and Joo Ah Min at a motorcycle painting shop dreaming of becoming a showbike rider. Joo Ah Min’s boyfriend, MC Mong, visited the filming set to cheer them on.
Chung Lim is transitioning from singing to acting, as he has recently been added to the cast of SBS drama Dream, starring Joo Jin Mo, Kim Beom, and Son Dam Bi.
On Yashimmanman 2’s June 1 broadcast, guest Joo Ah Min confessed that she almost broke up with boyfriend (and Yashimmanman host) MC Mong because of Kang Ho Dong.
- Singer-DJ Koo Jun Yup is holding a press conference on May 6 to address rumours about being involved with drugs. It is reportedly out of concern for his mother’s health that DJ.Koo is making it clear that he should not be accused of doing drugs every time a celebrity drug scandal breaks out. He feels wronged, as May 2 was the third time he has been investigated by the police for drug abuse in his lifetime, solely based on the fact that he is a club DJ. A source close to Koo said that he doesn’t even smoke and is concerned at how the accusations cause stress to his family members.
- Lee Ha Na (26) and Ahn Sung Ki (57) are lovers in the melodramatic film, Fair Love (페어 러브), which began filming this month. Ahn plays a middle-aged photographer who begins seeing a 26-year-old university student at the request of his friend. As he falls in love with the young woman, he rediscovers purpose in his life. Fair Love is a low-budget film being produced with less than $800,000 USD.
- Xiah Junsu of TVXQ/DBSK injured his leg during rehearsal on May 3, forcing him to perform on stage in a wheelchair at the Kobe concert on May 4. Despite obviously being unable to dance, Junsu still sang all of his parts as planned. DBSK’s ‘2009 – The Secret Code’ tour will hit 10 Japanese cities in coming months.
- Click here for the teaser to an extended commercial for LG’s OZ service. This is part of OZ generation’s ‘We Start‘ campaign starring Kim Beom, Kim Min Ji, Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Yeon Hee, Kim Kibum, and Choi Ara. The theme song, “We Live in Oz”, is by Clazziquai (vocals by Horan).
- Moon Geun Young showed off a different side at her fan meeting on May 2 at her current school, Sungkyunkwan University. She practiced with pro dance group, Friends, for two weeks to perform in front of approximately 700 fans in attendance.
The event was also in celebration of her 22nd birthday. Painter of the Wind co-star Moon Chae Won made a special appearance, while Kim Tae Hee and Bae Soo Bin were among several who video-recorded their congratulatory messages. Members of her fan club, Angels, brought Moon Geun Young to tears upon surprising her with a video message from children at Ends of the Earth Study Room and the announcement that they donated books and supplies to the facility.
- MC Mong put up a picture on his minihompy of himself and girlfriend Joo Ah Min. The caption read, “The happiness of my life”.
- Actress Choi Jung Won (The Kingdom of the Winds) visited Bangladesh last week to volunteer with children in poverty. In particular, she made ties with three siblings who are living with their grandparents in a difficult financial situation. Choi promised to send the monthly support to lighten the burden on the eldest sibling who, at age 15, is supporting the family with his low income as a rickshaw driver. By doing so, she is giving the eldest sibling an opportunity to upgrade his education at a vocational school. She returned before the weekend to host the Children’s Day (first Sunday of each May) special, ‘Love Concert to Give Hope to Children of the Global Village’.
- A week away from his musical comeback, Jun Jin seriously injured his wrist while filming Infinity Challenge on April 30. Despite the injury, he did a photo shoot for his upcoming mini-album’s jacket cover on May 1 and filmed the music video overnight on May 2. Jun Jin is planning to go ahead as planned and perform on Show! Music Core on May 9 to promote his mini-album, which is being released on the same day. He has been recommended to get surgery shortly.
- Brilliant Legacy is off to a strong start. Within two weeks, it gained the top position among weekend dramas with a viewership of 23.2%. KBS historical drama, Iron Empress, pulled in 16.5%, while new MBC sports drama, Strike Love, trailed at 7.7%.
- Han Ji Hye (East of Eden) is going to design a line of shoes for designer Jinny Kim.
- Sung Yu Ri looks older and wiser in her current film project, The Rabbit and the Lizard.
- Im Yoona cut her hair short to play the part of Seo Yoo Jin in Cinderella Man.
- East of Eden‘s Park Hae Jin and Cho Min Ki left for Africa to do volunteer work on March 8. Cho has been recognized for his volunteer work in the past; he has raised awareness as well as finances to aid African children and malaria patients. His fundraising efforts have gone toward installing village wells to relieve water shortage among other things.
- The girlfriend that MC Mong addressed on his minihompy has been revealed to be Joo Ah Min, a rookie actress-model. She belongs to the same entertainment agency as singers Tim and Son Ho Young.
- Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga In gained 8 kilograms for her role as a figure skating athlete (who becomes paralyzed) in My Love By My Side. This brings her up to 50 kilograms, which is 110 pounds. Her weight gain is in contrast to Kim Myung Min’s weight loss of 10 kilograms (thus far; he still has more to go).
- While filming Golden Fishery on the 11th, Baek Ji Young cried as she addressed her 2000 sex video scandal.
- Park Kyung Rim posted photos of her baby boy up on her minihompy for the first time. In one of the captions, she wrote, “Min Joon, thanks for resembling your dad”. He was born to Park Kyung Rim and her husband on January 16 of this year.