Posts Tagged ‘Kang Ho Dong’
- After releasing on their respective solo albums, Horan and Alex returned to the electronica genre with DJ Clazzi. Clazziquai Project released its fourth album, Mucho Punk, on July 14. A slight variation of the album was released at the beginning of this month in Japan under the title Mucho Musica. They will perform on Mnet Countdown on July 23 and live at Seongnam ARt Center on August 21 and 22.
- SBS will broadcast a special program for its weekend hit Brilliant Legacy on Monday, August 3. Kang Ho Dong – Lee Seung Gi’s close colleague and show fan (refer to the fourth point in Minimix 29) – will be host the program and give viewers a glimpse behind the scenes. Lee Seung Gi, Han Hyo Joo, Bae Soo Bin, Moon Chae Won, and other cast members will participate in filming the special on July 30.
- Joo Jin Mo, Kim Beom, Son Dam Bi, Choi Yeo Jin and the rest of the cast and crew of SBS drama Dream kicked things off with a ceremony on July 15 at Ilsan Production Center.
The other lead cast member is Park Sang Won (Hateful But Once Again) as CEO Kang Kyung Tak. Julien Kang, Marcos Benjamin Lee, Hyun Woo, and Chung Lim have minor roles as Flower Fighters 101 (Double F 101) – a group of good-looking martial artists. Dream is scheduled to premiere on July 27 on SBS following Ja Myung Go‘s early exit.
- Actress Kim Sung Eun (Returned Earthen Bowl) and athlete Jung Jo Gook (FC Seoul) will hold their wedding at 6pm on December 11 at Walkerhill W Hotel’s Vista Hall. The two are approaching their one year anniversary, having been introduced to each other by friends last July. Both are in their mid-twenties, with Kim being several months older than Jung.
- Mother, starring Kim Hye Ja and Won Bin, has been invited to have its North American premiere at the 34th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) in September. The TIFF describes it as “a unique noir thriller that digs into the secrecy surrounding a terrible murder and the mystery of a mother’s primal love for her son” and praises director Bong Joon Ho.
On Yashimmanman 2’s June 1 broadcast, guest Joo Ah Min confessed that she almost broke up with boyfriend (and Yashimmanman host) MC Mong because of Kang Ho Dong.
- Korea’s top MCs, Kang Ho Dong and Yoo Jae Suk, now belong to the same entertainment agency upon the merger between DY Entertainment and The Chocolate ENTF. The Chocolate’s clients such as Ko Hyun Jung, Yoon Jong Shin, and Kim Tae Woo join Noh Hong Chul, Shin Dong Yup, Lee Hyuk Jae, amongst others under the name DY Entertainment.
- Kang Hye Jung showed off her surprise White Day present from boyfriend Tablo during filming for a television show. The shoes indicate that they have been dating since January 14, as he wrote “Since 0114 ~ FOREVER”. The episode of SBS Good Morning – Plus One will be broadcast on March 19. Kang was featured on the show to share her make-up and hairstyle tips with viewers. In other Tablo-related news, Epik High tweeted that they have uploaded their official track list. Their website will open officially on March 21.
- Kim Won Hee will be the first MC – as opposed to actor or singer – to be invited as a guest on SBS Family Outing (패밀리가 떴다). She will join the cast and crew overnight on March 23 to film for the episodes to be broadcast on April 5 and 12. Viewers can expect her to fit right in, as she has co-hosted Yoo Jae Suk & Kim Won Hee’s Come to Play on MBC for the past four years with Yoo, Family Outing‘s lead MC. Actor Hwang Jung Min (A Man Who Was Superman) precedes her guest appearance on the show. His episodes will be shown on the 22 and 29 of this month.
- Singer Sean (one-half of YG Entertainment duo, JinuSean) surprised his wife, actress Jung Hye Young, with 3000 roses to celebrate 3000 days since meeting. On the afternoon of March 13, Sean came to surprise her on the set of Return of Iljimae and led her to his car, where he had the flowers waiting. She posted the photos on her minihompy and wrote, “I’m the happiest person in this world because of you.”
- To celebrate the tenth anniversary of his fan club, Agape, Cha Tae Hyun held a fan meeting in the form of a sports meet. On March 15 at Dongdaemun Gymnasium, Cha handed out candy while greeting club members at the door. The event began at 1pm and lasted for about four hours. Fans wished him a happy 33rd birthday (March 25) by surprising him with a cake.
Comedian (and MC) Kang Ho Dong and wife Lee Hyo Jin are now parents to a healthy baby boy.
On the afternoon of March 13, Lee gave birth naturally at a hospital in Gangnam, Seoul to a son weighing 3.3 kilograms. Both mother and son are in healthy condition.
Kang Ho Dong was not present for the birth. He was in Jeolla-do, filming with the cast and crew of Two Days and One Night (1N2D / 1박2일). He was overjoyed to hear the news, as he had greatly anticipated a son.
The couple has been married since November 2006. Preceding the birth, they had been calling the baby Baekdoosan (Mount Baekdoo) because the baby was conceived following 1N2D’s trip to the mountain.
Viewers laughed uncomfortably over the physical contact between Kang Ho Dong and Lee Seung Gi on February 1’s episode of Two Days and One Night (1N2D / 1박 2일).
The contact was required for the task of fetching food out of the icy water.
Desperate times call for desperate measures!🙂