Posts Tagged ‘Kim Hye Soo’
Go beyond the jump to see some of the most recently released photos from upcoming dramas Dream, Style, and My Fair Lady.
Can you figure out which celebrities are in these photos? (Answers are in light grey below.)
- The leads of Style began filming on June 22 in Jeju-do. The weekend drama is expected to begin airing on August 1, following the end of Brilliant Legacy.
- Lee Jung Jae expressed some regret over having had to turn down some leading roles in dramas that went on to great success. For example, he was a final contender for hits Lovers in Paris, Full House, and Sorry, I Love You. However, these parts eventually went to Park Shin Yang, Jung Ji Hoon (a.k.a. Rain/Bi), and So Ji Sub, respectively. Regarding his choice to decline the parts, Lee said, “I wanted to do all three of those productions. At the time, I was tied to the film Typhoon for at least a year so I had no choice but to give up. Honestly, it’s regrettable. I thought they were characters that I could express well.”
- Seo In Young revealed on Yashimmanman 2 just how difficult 2008 was for her. Her overload of singing and broadcasting activities led to high stress and depression to the extent that she was unable to fall asleep without prescription pills. Seo said, “Seeing how people who used to criticize me get wildly excited over me in one moment made me think, ‘Even if I do one little thing wrong, they’ll quickly turn their backs on me’. I even got auditory hallucinations.” Her depression was the reason for her abrupt departure for the United States. In addition, Seo broke up with her boyfriend last year after finding out that he wasn’t being [emotionally] faithful to her. She called his phone after receiving a text message saying “Sleep well” from him. He mistakenly pressed the talk button with his butt because it was [assumably] in his back pocket, and Seo could hear him seranading another girl. In other Seo In Young news, she is writing a book series about her experiences with travel and shopping abroad. The first book of the planned series highlights Tokyo and is being released on June 25.
- Lee Seung Gi was asked in an interview how his Two Days and One Night (1N2D) castmates reacted to his current drama, Brilliant Legacy. Suddenly putting his hands on his head, Lee said, “They keep pressuring me [by asking], ‘Your co-star Han Hyo Joo is so pretty…Can’t we meet her once?’ [Kang] Ho Dong hyung sent me a text message like this: ‘Sunwoo Hwan is cool. Eun Sung (Han Hyo Joo) is your girl. Seung Mi (Moon Chae Won) is a liar so you have to come to your senses’. Isn’t he toooooo absorbed [in the drama]?”
- Hyun Woo (Tae Hee / Hye Kyo / Ji Hyun) joins Kim Beom, Marcos Benjamin Lee (a.k.a. Marco), Julien Kang, and Chung Lim as mixed martial artists in SBS Dream. The drama also stars Joo Jin Mo, Son Dam Bi, and Choi Yeo Jin. Hyun Woo is currently attending action school for nine hours a day in order to train for the role.
Upcoming SBS weekend drama Style (script written by Ku Ji Won and Moon Ji Young, directed by Oh Jong Rok) is set to be broadcast beginning July 25. Based on the novel of the same name by Baek Young Ok, Style has been hailed as the Korean version of The Devil Wears Prada.
Ryu Si Won, E Ji Ah, Kim Hye Soo, and Lee Yong Woo have been confirmed as the drama’s four leads. Ryu’s last Korean drama project was Wedding with Jang Na Ra. E Ji Ah recently filmed a segment of the telecinema project with Kang Ji Hwan. Kim Hye Soo has been working steadily with over a dozen projects in the past ten years – the most recent being 2008’s Modern Boy. Lee Yong Woo is a dancer-model who is making his acting debut through this production. He attracted attention as “Yoon Eun Hye’s man” in W‘s May photo spread.
MovieWeek ran a special featuring the top 10 beautiful faces among male and female celebrities, as chosen by various photographers. The photos are from several different sources over some period of time.
- top 10 beautiful females: Kim Hye Soo, Shin Mina, Han Ye Seul, Lee Na Young, Son Ye Jin, Su Ae, Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Soo Jung, Kim Ok Bin, Moon Geun Young
(Han Ye Seul and Son Ye Jin’s photos are labelled with the wrong number; they should be 03 and 05 respectively.)
- Big Bang (and photographer Terry Richardson) in Arena‘s June issue
- Kim Hye Soo (and photographer Terry Richardson) in Arena‘s June issue
- Lee Jun Ki is filming a music video with the concept of “cyber oriental”. A source from Mentor Entertainment said, “This music video can show a compressed version of Lee Jun Ki’s entire [upcoming] ‘Episode 2’ project.”
- See how the night looks through Alex’s camera in his photo essay called “Night Scene” on Naver Photo Gallery. (Below is a photo from his previous photo essay, “Mr. Week“. Also, the newly engaged Ricky Kim (real name: Ricky Lee Nealy) posted a bilingual one called “Under A Magnifying Glass” from an earlier trip to Chicago.
- Yoon Do Hyun Band (YB) released their eighth album, Coexistence, at the end of March. They will be performing at V Hall, a club in the Hongdae neighbourhood, from April 14 to May 3. In a recent interview, Yoon laughed and confessed that every morning, people from his agency try to persuade him to cut his hair (picture below). However, he says that he likes it as is because people don’t recognize him in public.
- On April 30, the cast of MBC’s upcoming sageuk Queen Seon Duk met for their first table reading of the script. Queen Seon Duk is scheduled to be broadcast beginning in May for at least 50 episodes. Leads Lee Yo Won and Ko Hyun Jung were present, as well as Cho Min Ki, Lee Soon Jae (episode 1’s guest star), Yoo Seung Ho, and others. Although Lee Yo Won didn’t have any lines in the script for the first episode, she kept a pen in hand to make notes while others read through. Yoo Seung Ho also didn’t any lines, but remained focused throughout the three-hour evening practice.
- Despite firmly denying it earlier – (“I haven’t even gone on my honeymoon yet!”) – it has been revealed that Jeong Sia is four months pregnant with new husband Baek Do Bin’s baby.
- Im Won Hee and Lee Jong Hyeuk will take over Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise’s roles in a stage adaptation of the hit Hollywood film, Rain Man. Performances will take place at SM Art Hall in Jongno-gu for about a month, beginning on April 24.
- Celebrities Shim Eun Ha, Kim Hye Soo, Kang Seok Woo, Lee Sang Byuk, Cho Young Nam, Kim Ae Kyung are participating in the 4th Annual Seoul Open Arts Fair (SOAF), open from April 15 to 19 at the Coex in Seoul. Their work will be exhibited in the Fair’s Star Art Project corner.