Posts Tagged ‘Kim Min Joon’
- Song Seung Heon in W
- Kim A Joong in Ceci
- Kim Min Joon in Arena
- Hyun Bin & Kim Min Joon (Friend: Our Legend) in Vogue
- Yoon Yeo Jeong, Lee Mi Sook, Ko Hyun Jung, Choi Ji Woo, Kim Min Hee, and Kim Ok Bin pose for Vogue‘s August issue. The six actresses co-starred in Actress, a film by director E J-Yong (Lee Jae Yong; Dasepo Naughty Girl) to be released at the end of 2009.
- Kim Min Joon in [a pretty cool photo shoot for] Dazed & Confused
- Chae Yeon in Arena
- Sunwoo Sun in Arena
- Actor Jung Jae Young went bald for the first time in his acting career for a film role. He got his head shaved on July 8 in order to wear the wig that he needs to play an elderly man in Eekki (이끼). (KP’s note: I’m not sure what the English title will be because 이끼 is the Korean word for moss as well as the phrase “Dear me!/What a fright!”.)
This is the third film – following Silmido and Public Enemy Returns – with famed director Kang Woo Suk directing Jung Jae Young. The movie is a thriller about people who live alone without family in a rural village and the secrets that unravel as a young stranger enters. Park Hae Il, Yoo Joon Sang, and Yoo Hae Jin have also been cast and will begin filming in August.
- Kim Min Joon (Friend, Our Legend) received a minor injury while making a guest appearance on Family Outing. An agency representative for Kim said that the actor was paragliding when the wind suddenly changed directions and caught him off guard. Kim is able to appear on variety shows since Friend, Our Legend completed filming before broadcast began.
- Kim Dong Wook, Lee Dong Wook, and Kim Hyun Joo – currently starring in Partner – are promoting a World Vision campaign taken on by Skono Korea (under Norwegian fashion brand, Skono). They are sending 22,000 pairs of shoes to Swaziland as part of emergency relief supplies.
The leads of KBS2’s legal drama are currently sleeping less than two hours per night in order to film two episodes per week. The tight schedule is a result of the drama being pushed up two months due to SBS’s complaints against Magazine Allo. Fortunately, Partner‘s viewership went up over the past week from 7.7% (episode 4) to 12.1% (episode 5), surpassing Triple‘s weak 6.8%.
- Moon Hee Jun and his fan club distributed toys at Hansarang – a centre for children with disabilities – in Gwangju, Gyeonggi-do. The nature of the charitable activity was linked with his new mini album‘s title track, “Toy”.
- Kang Ji Hwan put on four kilograms of muscle to star in an Mnet “showcumentary” featuring his travels in Japan. He even brought along a trainer to help him get his body in shape for future filming at the country’s famous hot springs. Kang will be travelling all over Japan to film the series, 강지환의 어느날 어디선가 (loosely translated as Kang Ji Hwan’s Day Somewhere), which is expected to be broadcast from September to February.
The article’s in Korean, but check out 10asia for a collection of behind-the-scenes photos from Kang Ji Hwan’s recent fan meetings in Japan.
Stills from some dramas that premiere this month – Triple, Partner, and Friend, Our Legacy are below!
- The first still cut has been released for Fourth Period Mystery (4교시 추리영역), co-starring Kim So Eun and Yoo Seung Ho.
- Netizens were shocked to discover that Lee Philip (The Slingshot) is from a well-off family who lives in a luxurious house in America. His father, Simon Lee (Lee Soo Dong), is the president and CEO of a successful IT company called STG in Virginia. The business earns almost $200 million USD in annual revenue. Although Lee Philip also graduated in an IT-related Master’s program from his father’s alma mater, George Washington University, he chose to pursue his dream of acting.
- Lee Jung Hyun released still cuts from the music video for “Crazy”, the title track of her upcoming mini-album. The album, Avaholic, will be sold in Korea beginning on May 19.
Actors Sol Kyung Gu (Public Enemy Returns) and Song Yoon Ah (On Air) held a press conference on May 9, ahead of their upcoming marriage. Although the two have known each other for years from co-starring in two films, they claimed that they’ve only been dating for a year and a half. The couple was extremely cautious not to be caught dating before announcing their wedding plans; hence, many dates took place at Song’s office. They admitted that it was extremely difficult to get Song’s parents’ permission to marry. (KP’s note: This is just a personal assumption, but if you believe Korean dramas, most parents are not so willing to give up their never-married daughter to a divorced man.) The two will get married in a Catholic ceremony on the evening of May 28.
- Celebrity couple Byul and Jeon Sang Hwan celebrated the 1000th day since their first meeting with a party on May 4. The two singers met at a Bible study group for Christian entertainers in October 2007. On May 10, they went on a public date at a baseball match between the Doosan Bears and the Hanhwa Eagles, where Byul was invited to throw the opening pitch.
- Writer/director Kwak Kyung Taek’s current project, Friend, Our Legend, has been filming the material required for 20 episodes in advance, and is now 80% complete. Kim Min Joon and Hyun Bin are starring in the television remake of Kwak’s 2001 hit film, Friend. The broadcasting station is to be decided shortly, and the drama will likely begin airing in late summer.