Posts Tagged ‘Lee Jung Jae’
Can you figure out which celebrities are in these photos?
- Lee Jung Jae in Cosmopolitan
- Choung Kyung Ho in Bazaar
- Ha Ji Won in Bazaar
- Kim So Yeon in Esquire
- The leads of Style began filming on June 22 in Jeju-do. The weekend drama is expected to begin airing on August 1, following the end of Brilliant Legacy.
- Lee Jung Jae expressed some regret over having had to turn down some leading roles in dramas that went on to great success. For example, he was a final contender for hits Lovers in Paris, Full House, and Sorry, I Love You. However, these parts eventually went to Park Shin Yang, Jung Ji Hoon (a.k.a. Rain/Bi), and So Ji Sub, respectively. Regarding his choice to decline the parts, Lee said, “I wanted to do all three of those productions. At the time, I was tied to the film Typhoon for at least a year so I had no choice but to give up. Honestly, it’s regrettable. I thought they were characters that I could express well.”
- Seo In Young revealed on Yashimmanman 2 just how difficult 2008 was for her. Her overload of singing and broadcasting activities led to high stress and depression to the extent that she was unable to fall asleep without prescription pills. Seo said, “Seeing how people who used to criticize me get wildly excited over me in one moment made me think, ‘Even if I do one little thing wrong, they’ll quickly turn their backs on me’. I even got auditory hallucinations.” Her depression was the reason for her abrupt departure for the United States. In addition, Seo broke up with her boyfriend last year after finding out that he wasn’t being [emotionally] faithful to her. She called his phone after receiving a text message saying “Sleep well” from him. He mistakenly pressed the talk button with his butt because it was [assumably] in his back pocket, and Seo could hear him seranading another girl. In other Seo In Young news, she is writing a book series about her experiences with travel and shopping abroad. The first book of the planned series highlights Tokyo and is being released on June 25.
- Lee Seung Gi was asked in an interview how his Two Days and One Night (1N2D) castmates reacted to his current drama, Brilliant Legacy. Suddenly putting his hands on his head, Lee said, “They keep pressuring me [by asking], ‘Your co-star Han Hyo Joo is so pretty…Can’t we meet her once?’ [Kang] Ho Dong hyung sent me a text message like this: ‘Sunwoo Hwan is cool. Eun Sung (Han Hyo Joo) is your girl. Seung Mi (Moon Chae Won) is a liar so you have to come to your senses’. Isn’t he toooooo absorbed [in the drama]?”
- Hyun Woo (Tae Hee / Hye Kyo / Ji Hyun) joins Kim Beom, Marcos Benjamin Lee (a.k.a. Marco), Julien Kang, and Chung Lim as mixed martial artists in SBS Dream. The drama also stars Joo Jin Mo, Son Dam Bi, and Choi Yeo Jin. Hyun Woo is currently attending action school for nine hours a day in order to train for the role.
- Han Chae Ah joins the cast of Style as a senior-level editor named Cha Ji Sun. At the magazine company, she clashes with Lee Seo Jung (E Ji Ah), the assistant who has been there for a year. Han Chae Ah has previously worked with Style’s male lead, Ryu Si Won, on his 2007 music video for “With You”. Her acting debut was through last year’s drama, Kokkiri (a.k.a Elephant; 코끼리)
- Ryu Si Won has spent approximately $8 million USD (10 billion KRW) for the construction of a building in Samseong-dong, Seoul. The construction of the Ryu Si Won Building – with seven above-ground floors and two underground floors – is scheduled to be completed next month. Ryu has been directly involved with the architectural and interior design. The use of the building has yet to be confirmed; however, it is likely that Ryu’s agency, R’s Company, and his racing team, Team 106 (sponsored by EXR) will move in. Space will also be leased/rented to other businesses. Ryu joins several other celebrities who own $4-8 million buildings in the Gangnam area: baseball player Park Chan Ho, singers Seo Taiji, Shin Seung Hun, Bi, comedian Shin Dong Yeop, and actors Ko So Young and the Kim Seung Woo-Kim Nam Joo couple.
- Singer-actor-MC Moon Hee Jun is releasing a mini album today (June 18), titled Last Cry. The album consists of three songs (five tracks) with the theme of breaking up. The title song is called “Toy”. To display his musical talent, Moon composed and arranged the music and wrote the lyrics for all of the songs on Last Cry.
- Sung Yu Ri is currently filming in Las Vegas with the cast and crew of Swallow the Sun (preview here). On the morning of June 17, Sung Yu Ri’s first scene in America was to cycle from the entrance of the Mirage to the Bellagio and run in to the hotel
- Triple‘s male leads – Lee Jung Jae, Lee Sun Kyun, Yoon Kye Sang – admitted that they really enjoyed watching the first few episodes of the drama on television. Lee Jung Jae stated, “I watched the broadcast quietly alone at home. I watched really enjoyably. Although the audience [numbers] didn’t come out to what I expected, it’ll do well.” Co-star Lee Sun Kyun expressed similar sentiments and added, “I usually don’t have a nagging personality but maybe due to my love for this production, I keep giving my acting juniors Kim Hee and Min Hyo Rin an earful. I think I’m becoming more and more like Hae Yoon.” The youngest of the three, Yoon Kye Sang, admitted that he originally wasn’t going to watch episodes 1 and 2. “When filming a drama, there are times when I’m ashamed to see my acting. Every time that happens, my heart wavers. Since the atmosphere on set is so good, I was fearful that my wavering would cause a setback. But then I turned on the TV five minutes prior [to the first episode]. It was really fun,” Yoon said. Despite generally positive reviews, ratings have remained in the single digits. According to TNS Media Korea, episode 3 of Triple captured 6.9% of viewers as opposed to City Hall‘s 16.7% and The Accidental Couple‘s 15.0%.
- Yoon Eun Hye’s comeback drama, My Fair Lady, is rumoured to be broadcast on KBS2 following Partner in late August. In the romantic comedy series, Yoon will play Noh Yu Ra, the second of three sisters in a rich household. A love story develops when a poor man enters the home as a housekeeper/manager with the intention of getting his hands on the family’s hidden slush fund.
- Jung Dae Hye, Wang Seok Hyun, and Eun Ji Won attended the premiere and press conference of Lynx Adventure (a.k.a. Missing Lynx; El lince perdido in Spanish). The three participated in the Korean dubbing for the animated film about a group of animals trying to escape an eccentric billionaire’s personal Noah’s Ark.
- A previously undisclosed clip of JYP dancing to 2PM’s “What Time Is It Now” has been attracting attention on the company’s YouTube channel.
Stills from some dramas that premiere this month – Triple, Partner, and Friend, Our Legacy are below!
MovieWeek ran a special featuring the top 10 beautiful faces among male and female celebrities, as chosen by various photographers. The photos are from several different sources over some period of time.
- top 10 beautiful females: Kim Hye Soo, Shin Mina, Han Ye Seul, Lee Na Young, Son Ye Jin, Su Ae, Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Soo Jung, Kim Ok Bin, Moon Geun Young
(Han Ye Seul and Son Ye Jin’s photos are labelled with the wrong number; they should be 03 and 05 respectively.)