Posts Tagged ‘Ryu Seung Bum’
- Couple Alert – Yoon Jin Seo and Lee Taek Keun have been confirmed as a couple by her agency. The actress and pro baseball athlete met while doing a photo shoot for Mnet’s Trend Report Feel – hosted by Yoon – in April and were introduced to each other by friends. They began dating in May. Yoon is currently filming Bimilae with Yoo Ji Tae while Lee is playing in the 2009 baseball season with the Woori Heroes.
- Lee Hyori and Ryoo Seung Beom are playing a long-time couple in a music video for hip-hop duo Leessang. For Leessang’s sixth album, Lee and Ryoo are starring in the MV for the title track as a couple who has been together for 10 years. Lee reportedly agreed to participate and moved around her schedule upon hearing that she would be working with siblings Ryoo Seung Beom and Ryoo Seung Wan. Ryoo Seung Wan is directing the video; he previously worked with Leessang on their “Ballerino” MV and in his 2008 film, Dachimawa Lee.
- The sixth episode of Style will feature cameos by 2ne1, FT Island, 2PM, Kang Ji Hwan, and Cha Ye Ryun. They filmed a party scene celebrating the 200th issue of Style magazine. The shoot took place in Itaewon on Monday, August 10. The episode will be broadcast on August 16. Style has already overcome the 20% mark in viewership after its fourth episode.
- Look at Alex’s and Ricky Neely Kim’s most recent photo essays here and here.
- Actor Ryoo Seung Beom and model Lee Som (이솜) play a married couple in Elle. The photo shoot concept is of Ryoo as a director who fell in love with and married his film’s leading lady. She used to be by his side constantly, but now he feels like she has drifted away.
- Kim Min Hee in Tokyo with Nylon
- Still cuts from the making of Yoon Eun Hye’s Zipel refrigerator commercials are attracting attention.
- Sol Kyung Gu, Ryoo Seung Bum, and Han Hye Jin have been cast in the thriller [There’s] No Forgiveness (용서는 없다). The film will feature the psychological showdown between a brutal murderer and Korea’s top professional autopsist. Sol has the role of National Institute of Scientific Investigation autopsist Kang Min Ho. Ryoo’s character is Lee Sung Ho, an environmental activist and killer. Han is playing Min Seo Young, a junior investigator who gets involved in the case because of her respect for Kang Min Ho.
In related news, newlyweds Sol Kyung Gu and Song Yoon Ah were able to leave for a brief and unexpected honeymoon due to No Forgiveness‘s filming start date being pushed back.
- Kim Tae Woo held two performances (May 30 and 31) at Seoul Chungmu Art Hall as part of the concert series, Stars On Stage. Fellow g.o.d members, Son Ho Young and Danny Ah, were special guests on May 30.
KP’s note: Danny Ahn’s and Son Ho Young’s heights are supposedly 181 and 177 centimetres, but they look much shorter next to Kim Tae Woo who stands at 190 centimetres tall.
- Actor Kim Dong Wook (National Athlete) is currently studying legal terminology in preparation for his role in KBS2 drama Partner. He has been cast as Yoon Joon, the youngest lawyer at law firm Leekim. Yoon Joon comes from a rich family. He has a sensitive, “four-dimensional” personality and comes up with proposals that nobody else would think of. Although he bickers constantly with Choi Soon Yi (Shin Yi), a workaholic colleague who is seven years his senior, the two fall for each other. His character will show the new generation’s way of thinking.
- Actor Kang Kyung Joon (26) entered military service on June 1. He said that given the opportunity, he would like to serve as an entertainment soldier. Kang is best known for his acting debut role starring alongside Ku Hye Sun, Han Hyo Joo, Tablo, Park Jin Woo, Hong Su Ah, Jo Jung Rin, Lee Min Woo, and Lee Jung in the MBC sitcom, Nonstop 5.
KP’s note: Not that it indicates a lack of patriotism or anything, but I’m surprised that he would choose to wear a USA t-shirt and NYPD cap while reporting for Korean military service. I’m even more surprised that netizens and the press aren’t ripping him apart for it.
- Solo singer AJ (born Lee Ki Kwang) will be changing his stage name in time for the release of his second album in July. On June 1, a source from Cube Entertainment announced that the decision was made on their end due to the greater-than-expected backlash from Paran fans for “copying” the name of the group’s youngest member. Although AJ (Ace Junior) debuted with the same name only after consultation with people representing Paran, netizens attacked AJ for adopting the same name. The Cube Entertainment spokesperson said that despite the controversy, they maintain a good relationship with Paran’s representatives.
Ryoo Seung Beom, (boyfriend of actress Kong Hyo Jin), was the guest DJ at Circle, a Korean club in New York. He was paid slightly over $7000 USD (10,000,000 KRW) for his 3-hour performance.
Park Jin Young (JYP) was in attendance to support him.