This page will be added to progressively.
1. Why are celebrities’ names sometimes spelled differently from the tags?
Celebrities will be tagged with the most commonly used spelling of their names. However, if possible, we will always spell their names in postings as they are listed on the celebrities’ official websites. Examples:
- 조인성 – commonly spelled Jo In Sung; correct spelling is Zo In Sung (according to his agency, sidusHQ)
Korean romanization allows some flexibility. For instance, both ‘g’ and ‘k’ can be used to replace the first letter in the Korean alphabet, ㄱ. Therefore, inconsistency between spelling on various sites are inevitable. Example:
- 구혜선 – commonly spelled Goo/Gu Hye Sun or even Koo Hye Seon; correct spelling is Ku Hye Sun
On top of all that, some Korean celebrities have adoped English names. Example:
- 전지현 – Jun Ji Hyun is making her Hollywood debut under the name Gianna Jun
2. Why are the ages that you give of celebrities different from what I read elsewhere?
- Korea news reports (and most bloggers that pull their information from those articles) use East Asia age reckoning. KPculture finds this confusing and unnecessary, and will calculate people’s ages as done in North America (and pretty much everywhere else in the world).
3. Can you please write about _________ (kpculture-related person/event)?
- If you ask, we will definitely consider it! Send us a message.
4. May I leave a comment – my opinion, a correction, etcetera – on your posts?
- Yes, of course! KP would love to hear your input! However, we may close comments on posts after awhile. You can leave a comment on this page anytime. 🙂
5. Can I copy, paste, and post KP’s stuff (including direct translations) on my own blog?
- You may, but please source and link us. Unless we state at the top of the post that we are translating directly from a source, we usually collect information from several different Korean sources and summarize it into our own English article. Any kind of translation takes quite a bit of time and effort, and we feel that it’s only fair to receive a tiny, wee bit of credit. ^^ Thank you so much for your cooperation!
Curious about something else? Ask us!