Boys Over Flowers – KP’s Predictions
KP’s note: Although we originally stick to reporting news, some readers have been asking us what we predict will happen. In this post, we will explore some alternative endings as well as make predictions on how Boys Over Flowers will end.
Hello, readers! Thanks for your support: visting our site, asking our opinions, and not sending us hate mail when we make mistakes. We really appreciate it 🙂 Yan2 commented asking how we think the drama will end. We’d been so busy trying to keep up with the neverending barrage of spoilers that we hadn’t even really considered it. So, we discussed and came up with a few potential scenarios. Keep in mind that these are our predictions based on the director’s previous work and general kdrama patterns – it’s not necessary what we WANT to happen, just what we THINK will happen. Repeat: our predictions, not our fantasy.
First of all, let’s address rumoured endings. Earlier, a drama rep spoke with the press and said that the director and writer have yet to decide on an ending; however, it will be different from the Hana Yori Dango manga. We assume that they probably won’t go with an ending that people have already predicted, like the two below:
1) Near the beginning of our blog’s existence, we posted a still that was rumoured to be the last scene of the drama. That may have been the original plan, but it is 99% not anymore. The photo was passed around all over the Internet, so the drama reps had to speak up and say that it was simply a deleted scene from the earlier episodes in New Caledonia. This doesn’t really make sense since Jan Di is already wearing the necklace and Jun Pyo’s water goggles indicate that he knows how to swim. However, there is no way that the drama creators will end with a scene that everyone already knows about.
2) Korean netizens were suggesting that the drama would end with Jan Di waking up to realize that everything (in the 25 episodes) was a dream. Then, as Jan Di goes to school in a car, she bumps into Jun Pyo who is on a bicycle – in real life, she is well-off while he is poor.
Now, onto KP’s predictions. (OUR PREDICTIONS, NOT SPOILERS – DO NOT POST ELSEWHERE.)
1. Jun Pyo and Jan Di stay together. Sorry, there’s just no way Ji Hu and Jan Di end up together. It doesn’t matter if they’re good for each other or that BOF creators have promised an ending different from HYD. The whole point of the story is that Jun Pyo (Tsukasa) and Jan Di (Tsukushi) are destined for each other. The question is how will they get Chairwoman’s permission?
Our theory is that Chairwoman Kang will be forced to accept her because:
a) Jan Di will have a hand in Jun Pyo’s father waking up from his coma. Yes, we know he’s supposed to be dead, but we believe that he may still be alive.
b) Jan Di saves Shin-hwa, much like Tsukushi saved the Domyoji World Finance Group in Hana Yori Dango.
2. Ji Hu’s grandfather passes away due to the chest pains he’s been having (in previous episodes). We debated for awhile whether they would make Ji Hu’s grandfather pass away, just as things are resolved between the two. After all, this is a Korean drama. However, we don’t think the BOF writer would risk the wrath of Ji Hu fans by making Ji Hu grandfatherless in addition to parentless, SeoHyun-less, and JanDi-less. That would just be too sad!
3. With Ga Eul’s encouragement, Yi Jeong goes back to work as a rising potter.
4. The drama will end with scenes from “___ years later….”, just like two of the PD’s previous shows – Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang and My Girl.
a) Jan Di is on her way to completing medical school and is still volunteering at Ji Hu’s grandfather’s clinic. However, the clinic has expanded to become a sophisticated hospitalwith the ex-President as Director, thanks to the financial support of Shin-hwa.
b) Ji Hu’s flamboyant friend from Hong Kong comes and takes him off to Macau. Just kidding. A lovely, lively musician catches Ji Hu’s eye – and heart. He gets out his mother’s old wedding band and considers marriage.
c) Of course they have to throw a bone to Woo Bin, who has been sorely neglected throughout the drama. We suppose he takes over his father’s business but make reforms so that it is no longer tied to any mobsters? (Some netizens are guessing that he will go abroad in order to avoid taking over the shady family business.) With Yi Jeong settling down, Woo Bin remains the only playboy of F4.
d) At Yi Jeong and Ga Eul’s wedding ceremony, Jan Di catches the bouquet, much to Jun Pyo’s pleasure. (We debated with the possibility that the writer will infuriate all SoEul fans by leaving it open-ended about whether or not they get together. However, we decided it is likely that they’ll be a couple.)
Let us know what you think by voting in the poll! You can also leave us (and other readers) comments, but please do not write an entire novel on the ending you wish for. Keep it to a maximum of 10 lines or else risk deletion!