Boys Over Flowers – Season 2 Spoilers
KP’s note: This post is in reverse chronological order. Start from the bottom for episodes 13 and on.
The ending scene (photo included) is beyond the jump. All of the spoilers regarding the four year jump are written below in a very light colour , so highlight it to read everything. We’re warning you now – if you want to keep some element of surprise for the finale, don’t read any further.
- Jun Pyo appears on a talkshow. He is on the show as a guest after leading Shin-hwa to success. Supposedly, the host asks him about marriage plans, and Jun Pyo responds that he has someone in mind.
- Yi Jeong returns to Korea after studying abroad in Sweden. He goes to find Ga Eul, who is teaching at a kindergarten. Before leaving four years earlier, he had told Ga Eul, “If you haven’t found a soulmate by the time I return in four years – you’ll be the first person I visit.”
- Eyewitnesses are claiming that the boy who plays the young Gu Jun Pyo was one of the children at Ga Eul’s workplace, but had straight hair instead of curls. (KP’s note: We’re not quite sure why they used the same child actor for a different role. He’s too old to be Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s child, so don’t get your hopes up. ^^)
- Ji Hu’s grandfather might be deceased by this time. He was actually supposed to die earlier because he was in the last stage of cancer (according to the KBS description). However, they felt that Ji Hu’s life would be too pathetic losing so much at once, so they changed it to a heart condition.
- Ji Hu is becoming a doctor like his grandfather. He was seen hugging a girl (that didn’t look familiar).
- Jan Di is becoming a doctor.
- Jun Pyo kneels in front of Jan Di, holding a ring. Before she can respond, F3 comes up and interrupts. Ji Hu says, “I object to the decision.” Yi Jeong chimes in, “I do too.” Woo Bin adds, “Me too…. How can you do this without asking our permission?” Jun Pyo and Jan Di look at them and smile, while Jun Pyo embraces her in his arms.
We thought we made it preeeeettty darn clear, but for those of you who are still uncertain – YES, Jun Pyo and Jan Di end up as a happy couple.
Lee Min Ho and Ku Hye Sun were seen filming scenes where they take wedding photos at a studio; however, netizens are undecided on whether this will be a dream scenario, a real wedding scene after the time jump, or if it’s just a ploy to mislead fans.
And to clarify, all signs are leading to a very very very very likely chance of a happy ending for the SoEul couple as well. Here are some blurry but cute photos of Ga Eul and Yi Jeong at Namsan.
We also made a few additions/corrections to yesterday’s update. Changes are written below in bold letters.
Update (3/28, 3/27): UPDATED SPOILERS!
- The man that attacks Ji Hu/Jun Pyo does so with a car, not a knife. Violence (by stabbing) was reportedly inappropriate to be broadcast; hence, they changed the scene.
- Jan Di holds onto Jun Pyo’s hand while he is unconscious and sobs while thinking of the cold (untrue) things she said to him before leaving.
- The doctor tell the group that Jan Di is the only one that Jun Pyo can’t remember for one of two reasons:
a) She was an extremely traumatic part of his life, or
b) he is so attached to his memories of Jan Di and they are so important to him that somehow they cannot be recalled properly.
- While Jun Pyo suffers his memory loss, viewers will see a resurrection of the rude, obnoxious Jun Pyo from the past.
- Yu Mi tries to become friends with F4 and Jan Di. However, Ji Hu ignores her right from the beginning. She spends time with Jun Pyo linking arms with him, looking at the stars, and even falling asleep together while leaning on each other’s shoulder.
- Woo Bin and Yi Jeong finish their meal at the porridge shop and then tell Jan Di that Jun Pyo has been discharged from the hospital. Jan Di excitedly goes to see him and Woo Bin follows. Ga Eul asks Yi Jeong why he isn’t going with them, but he says that he came to see Ga Eul for a reason.
- When Jan Di arrives at Jun Pyo’s house, she finds him with Yu Mi, looking at the telescope. Upon seeing Jan Di, he asks, “Why did you come here? Ji Hu’s not here,” (assuming that she is Ji Hu’s girlfriend). Jan Di regrets coming when he is nothing but obnoxious to her. Yu Mi then follows her out of his room and suggests that Jan Di shouldn’t visit because Jun Pyo’s condition worsens around her. Yu Mi tells Jan Di that she will help him remember her. However, Jan Di stays back after Yu Mi re-enters the room and eavesdrops. She overhears Jun Pyo asking Yu Mi to make him the same lunchbox as last time. Jan Di realizes that Yu Mi took credit for the lunch she made, but quickly walks away. She bumps into Ji Hu who forces her not to run away, and drags her back to Jun Pyo’s room. They walk in to see Jun Pyo and Yu Mi asleep, leaning on each other.
- It is unclear whether Jan Di will go to medical school. She apologizes to her mother for not being able to go to university or begin a career like others. Her brother asks, “Can’t you go to Shin-hwa’s medical school? They don’t require you to write a test.” She answers that writing a test is required for scholarships. Her mother tells Jan Di to choose the path that she wants.
- Jun Pyo becomes doubtful of Yu Mi when she brings him a lunchbox that doesn’t taste like the one before. He tells her that he can’t get “that girl” Jan Di’s upset expression out of his mind.
- Yu Mi throws a party and announces that she and Jun Pyo will be leaving to study abroad in the States.
- Jun Pyo gets his memory of Jan Di back when he unconsciously jumps in the pool to save her. However, this situation is sort of set up by Jan Di, who drops the necklace into the pool.
Jun Pyo: Who are you?
Jan Di: Call it out…. my name…
She then “falls” into the pool. The others come out to witness her struggling in the water. Ji Hu desperately wants to go in to save her, but knowing her intentions, he waits for Jun Pyo to do something.
- Jun Pyo and Jan Di have a CPR scene.
- Jan Di leaves her dress elsewhere in a rush and wears her uniform to her high school graduation party. She dances with each member of F3 (Ji Hu, Yi Jeong, Woo Bin) while there is narration in the background.
- Jun Pyo and Jan Di have a very important dialogue and a kiss in the Namsan cablecar. (Rumour: Some netizens are predicting that he will ask her to wait for him as he goes abroad for a few years.)
- According to our source, the script he/she has (up to the four year jump) does not include anything about how Jun Pyo’s father wakes up. They may have chosen to leave it out of the script to keep it a secret OR they may not address it until four years later – we’re not sure.
- Remember in one of the New Caledonia scenes, Jan Di has a dream where a fortune teller predicts that her soulmate and her husband will be two different people? In relation, Ku Hye Sun said in an article published on March 28:
“Ji Hu is Jan Di’s soulmate. She likes him as a person and as a one-of-a-kind, invaluable friend, although she doesn’t love him. Love can only grow when two people’s hearts are the same, but Jan Di doesn’t have those feelings towards Ji Hu.”
KP’s note: I suppose that is the drama’s interpretation of “soulmate”; hence, it’s not supposed to be a bad thing that Jan Di’s soulmate and husband are two different men.
Update (3/26, 3/24):
- The time jump at the end is indeed FOUR years later.
- The last scene BEFORE fast-forwarding four years ahead is Jan Di and Jun Pyo’s kiss in the Namsan cable car on the day of her graduation.
- What sparks Jun Pyo to regain his memory of Jan Di? She does pack a lunchbox (eggs and rice) like before in order to try triggering his memory – however, Yu Mi takes credit for making it so it doesn’t help Jan Di at all.
Our source gives hints regarding what actually does trigger his memory to return:
- Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s first kiss – NOT the one on the swing at the playground
- New Caledonia
- Jae Gyeong’s resort
- Jun Pyo’s trauma
KP’s note: Our guess is that Jun Pyo saves Jan Di from drowning.
- SoEul (Yi Jeong and Ga Eul):
Apparently, the date scene at Namsan is NOT in the before-4-years-later script that our source has. Hence, he/she is GUESSING that it is part of the “4 years later” ending.
The last SoEul scene before the fast forward is Yi Jeong opening up his heart slightly to her. All signs seem to point to a happy SoEul ending!
- Kim Min Ji (The Iron Empress, That Person Is Coming) has been cast as Jung Yu Mi (Umi from HYD).
Yu Mi uses lies to try to widen the drift between Jun Pyo and Jan Di during his memory loss (of Jan Di). She will appear in the latter half of episode 24. Apparently, she is a character that is sure to universally annoy all viewers – she refers to herself in the third person (“Yu Mi is …. Yu Mi wants….”). Our source says that viewers need not worry too much, Jun Pyo doesn’t pay that much attention to her.
- For those of you who have been asking about the possibility of another extension – no, they will not go past episode 25 on March 31.
- Also, for those of you waiting for episode 25’s script to be leaked – the cast was given their copies of the final script on March 24. HOWEVER, the script did not include the ending (approximately 10 scenes). The creators have decided that nobody will know what happens at the end until the day they film the finale. On that day, each cast member will receive a copy of the ending to memorize immediately. It has been confirmed that Boys Over Flowers will end happily, but it may differ from Hana Yori Dango‘s ending. Our source says he/she will likely get the script by Monday, but for the sake of not spoiling the ending for everyone, will NOT reveal how it ends.
RUMOUR ALERT: Word is starting to trickle out that Han Chae Young will be back for the “4 years later” jump. We will update upon confirmation.
- The reason that Jan Di decides to break things off with Jun Pyo:
Chairwoman Kang hits her where it hurts – the chairwoman victimizes both Ji Hu and Ga Eul['s families].
- [Correction:] Jun Pyo does not know that the picnic date with Jan Di is to be their last:
Jan Di asks him out on the date as a farewell. She has made up her mind to leave him (due to Chairwoman Kang). However, Jun Pyo has no idea that this is supposed to be their farewell date. He asks, “Is today a special occasion? It seems as if it’s my birthday or I won the lottery or something. You’re the one who asked me on a date and we didn’t even fight once today. I wish that every day can be like today.” He has no idea that Jan Di has decided to leave. Wanting to hear Jan Di confess her feelings, he says to her, “I have one request. Why haven’t you said that you like me? I’ve told you lots of times.” Jan Di finally admits, “I like you – to the point that I’ve gotten angry because I tried to forget about you or stop liking you and couldn’t” and kisses him.
- Jun Pyo gets locked up in a detention centre after getting drunk and trying to destroy property:
On the way home from drinking at a club, he sees one of those game machines where you try to grab a toy with a claw. He gets upset when he can’t grab one, and thinks back to his double-date with Jan Di. Upset, he smashes the machine and gets caught. Secretary Jung and Jun Hee come to pick him up from the detention centre. Jun Hee is extremely sad to see her brother’s emotional deterioriation.
- Ga Eul and Yi Jeong’s “date”:
There are conflicting reports on whether the scene at Namsan was a BOF date scene, a BOF fake scene, or a CF shoot. Yi Jeong shows up at the porridge shop and goes to Namsan with Ga Eul. First, they discuss the sudden disappearance of Jan Di. Then, Yi Jeong says he wants to say something to Ga Eul. However, she cuts him off and tells him not to feel burdened – she will leave him alone from now on and she doesn’t regret anything that happened with him because she tried her best. From there, she leaves alone. —- HOWEVER, this does not make sense with the fact that she was wearing bunny ears and they were having fun together.
- The reason for Jun Pyo’s memory loss is in episode 24:
He takes a blow that was directed towards Ji Hu – the man had a vendetta against Shin-hwa and tried to hit Ji Hu, thinking that it was Jun Pyo.
- Ji Hu fans beware – he is going to be temporarily miserable:
a) His grandfather is sick.
b) Jan Di rejects him. (It is being assumed that he tries proposing with the ring – not confirmed.)
c) Jun Pyo gets hurt on his behalf.
- KP’s prediction was right in that the drama will end with a “__ years later” scene:
However, the ending has yet to be confirmed and the script for episode 25 is not available.
- Jun Hee discovers that her and Jun Pyo’s father is alive. She confronts their mother about deceiving everyone, but Chairwoman Kang defends herself by saying that he would have wanted it that way as well. Jun Pyo comes in during their conversation and demands an explanation.
- Eventually, Yi Jeong makes up his mind to get back to pottery.
- Kim So Eun (Ga Eul) and Kim Beom (Yi Jeong) were seen filming at Namsan by the famous stairs (in the last scene of My Name is Kim Sam Soon). Eyewitnesses said that it looked like a date scene. However, they also noted that there was no audio equipment used, which likely means that the scene will have only music playing in the background when broadcast.
- Links to extended previews are here.
Update (3/20): Episode 22 & 23 spoilers have been updated. The biggest spoiler (if you’ve been following along carefully and are suspicious like KP is) is probably that Jan Di takes care of an unconscious man.
- The date to the zoo (filming photo here) is not Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s last.
- Jun Pyo and Jan Di will eventually have another kiss scene (after the one shown here, thanks to commenter Debbie).
- Yi Jeong and Ga Eul will ALMOST kiss in an upcoming episode.
- There will be no more scenes with Jan Di as a maid. Spoilers specific to episode 22 have been updated.
- Rumours are floating around the Internet that singer-actress Lee Hyun Ji (member of dance music project group Banana Girl; cast member in drama Kokkiri) has been cast as the Korean version of HYD character Nakashima Umi. No news articles are posted yet; it is simply based on netizens seeing the photo below on her minihompy. (KP’s note: It is no longer up on her minihompy; according to a blogger, it was removed as soon as the screencap was posted on Daum’s internet message board. To believe or not to believe, that is the question…We originally asked readers not to post this anywhere until we can confirm, but we saw that someone already disregarded that and put it up on Soompi so go ahead, spread the word. However, remember – this is just a rumour for now; no news sources or agencies have confirmed.)
Amen Amen Amen Amen
A representative of Group Eight stated that the ending of the Boys Over Flowers drama would differ from the Hana Yori Dango manga’s ending. Although the storylines of the drama and manga have been quite similar until now, the spokesperson said that the writer and PD are working towards creating a different ending for this drama. Hence, any spoilers that readers may have already come across regarding the final episode are likely false.
Source: Edaily via Daum
KP’s note: Apology time. Although we did warn readers that this might happen, we are still very very sorry to report that we must take down the spoilers we listed in Update (3/12a). We have concluded (along with lots of other Korean netizens) that the person who posted them was a liar. It’s not it has been confirmed to be wrong, we just thought that things were making less and less sense. In particular, it is unlikely that they will include the story of Jun Pyo and Jan Di spending time on a deserted island together. Also, sorry SoEul fans, we’re pretty sure that storyline about them kissing was false. We will be more careful in the future – please forgive!
Update (3/12d): News alert!
Jan Di will be heartbroken again, as Jun Pyo forgets her in episode 23 (March 24).
A representative from the drama revealed that there would be one more guest star (following Kim Young Ok) before the drama ends. Although the role has yet to be cast, the character is the girl known as Umi in Hana Yori Dango. While Tsukasa (Jun Pyo) lost his memory of Tsukushi (Jan Di) following an accident, Umi stepped in to befriend him. She discouraged Tsukushi from pressuring Tsukasa to regain his memory. She started falling in love with Tsukasa; hence, tried to interfere between him and Tsukushi.
The character is set to appear in episodes 23 and 24.
Source: Edaily via Daum
KP’s note: We will update when we find out who is cast in the role.
Update (3/12c): Photos from Boys Over Flowers filming in Jeju-do have been posted.
KP’s note: We are becoming more and more skeptical over the accuracy of the spoilers that we wrote in Update 3/12a. We will make corrections everytime something is confirmed to be right or wrong, so come back and check for updates.
The following are scenes that have been confirmed rather through video clips or multiple eyewitnesses who were on location:
- Ji Hu punches Jun Pyo and asks, “What are you thinking of doing??” They converse, and it ends with him telling Jun Pyo, “There’s only one chance.”
- Jan Di and Jun Pyo rush to the airport after finding out that Jae Gyeong is leaving after cancelling the wedding. Jan Di calls out, “Jae Gyeong Un-ni!” while Jun Pyo shouts, “Hey! Monkey!” to get her attention before she goes through the gates. Jae Gyeong turns around in surprise and asks, “How did you find out and come?” Jae Gyeong has made the decision to go abroad for awhile.
- Netizens are speculating whether the wedding scene that was filmed is just one of the characters’ dream.
- Jan Di was supposedly not present in the wedding scene.
KP’s note: We are reporting spoilers that we feel are at least somewhat reliable. However, there are many contrary reports so bear in mind: be skeptical when reading any spoilers, including KP’s.
There are now photos that show that there IS a wedding ceremony held (or at least begun) for Jae Gyeong and Jun Pyo. However, SisaJeju reports that when the minister asks, “If anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace”, Jae Gyeong speaks up in objection, followed by the F3 and Ga Eul.
Update (3/12a) has been deleted. We apologize; however, we believe that the “source” was lying.
Click here for updated spoilers on episodes 20 and 21!
The cast is currently in Jeju-do, filming for Jun Pyo and Jae Gyeong’s impending wedding. They are scheduled to be there until the 13th.
Also, Lee Min Jung told Yonhap News that “Crazy Monkey” (Jun Pyo’s nickname for Jae Gyeong) will not have any anti-fans by the end of the show. This can safely be assumed to mean that her and Jun Pyo will NOT end up together. In fact, she said that Jae Gyeong will later play a contributory role in bringing Jan Di and Jun Pyo together.
KP’s note: Every time she has an interview, I feel that Lee Min Jeong gives too much information. It’s helpful for me, but I don’t get how she’s allowed to reveal so much.
The character of Tama in Hana Yori Dango is the Gu household’s manager (head servant). She was with (Jun Pyo) Tsukasa’s family for decades, and his grandfather had given her authority oversee household matters before he died. In HYD, Tsukasa’s mom asked her to return to her position in order to keep an eye on Tsukasa and Tsukushi (Jan Di). Although seemingly strict as Tsukushi works under her as a maid (for Tsukasa), she ends up using her power to stand up for the young couple against the Chairwoman. This is the Japanese storyline; however, reports say that the Korean storyline regarding Tama is very similar.
Boys Over Flowers‘ Tama character appears in episode 20 and is played by Kim Young Ok who has been in over a dozen dramas in the past five years.
Unconfirmed spoiler: (KP’s note: Please don’t freak out – this is only an unconfirmed rumour.) It is very, very likely that the drama will follow the HYD storyline and make Jun Pyo lose his memory [regarding Jan Di].———————————————————————————————
There are reports that the show will be extended by one episode. If this goes through, Boys Over Flowers would end with episode 25 being broadcast on March 31. Edaily reported it as if the decision was final; however, more recent reports quote a Group Eight representative saying that they are still under negotiations. A drama representative told JoyNews that agreement with the cast members is all that remains to be negotiated.
Spoiler: On March 6 (Seoul time), 40 lucky contest winners (out of 27,828 entries) will visit the BOF set and watch the cast and crew film. Filming will be take place on the set of Jun Pyo’s house, as Jan Di becomes a maidservant there. Rumour has it that she agreed to move in at Jun Hee’s insistence, but she didn’t want to be a freeloader so she decided to work as a maid. (Source: Newsen)
Hankook Ilbo is reporting that BOF creators are planning to film next week in Jeju-do. According to the article, the cast and crew will head over to the island of Jeju for Jun Pyo and Jae Gyeong’s [supposed] wedding. The Jeju-do scenes will likely be broadcast as part of episode 20. Netizens are abuzz about whether or not a wedding will really take place and if so, who the bride will actually be.
- Actor Im Ju Hwan (A Frozen Flower) has been cast as Yi Jeong’s brother, So Il Hyun. The drama creator said Im Joo Hwan fit the character’s image perfectly. He will appear [starting] on episode 17. Il Hyun had a bright future ahead as a pottery artist. However, during his university years, he quit art upon recognizing how talented Yi Jeong is. He has been gaining recognition as a barista an antique cafe. Il Hyun lives an easygoing, bohemian life.
- Singer Park Soo Jin (of girl group Sugar) will play Cha Eun Jae, Yi Jeong’s first love. She will appear in three episodes, beginning in episode 17. Although Eun Jae loved Yi Jeong when she was younger, nothing came of it because he thought she was in love with his older brother. (Warning: spoiler!) When Yi Jeong meets her again, he finds out that she is now actually his brother’s girlfriend. Although he denied believing in a single fated love to Ga Eul, Eun Jae indirectly reveals Yi Jeong’s true view on love and destiny. She also contributes to Ga Eul and Yi Jeong’s growing relationship.
KP’s note: As we mentioned below (2/15), the KBS website said that Eun Jae goes to study abroad. We’re not sure if this is still true based on the spoiler above. Maybe they changed the storyline or maybe they’re incorporating both…
Update (2/21): Photos from filming! New hairstyles, new guest stars, and a new kiss scene??
- Rumour has it that Song Chang Ui (Golden Bride) will play Jun Hee’s husband. KP’s note (3/12): I think this one’s not happening.
- Auditions are currently being held for another character. It is believed they are casting for the character of Cha Eun Jae (Yi Jeong’s first love).
- If you look at the last two pictures, you can see Ji Hu holding onto Jan Di in the background while Jun Pyo and Jae Gyeong are embracing. Netizens are guessing that Jun Pyo had to kiss Jae Gyeong because she demanded proof that he truly likes her. Then, in order to prevent Jan Di from watching the other couple, Ji Hu pulled her into a hug.
- Bom Sung Chan, shown with the President in a newspaper clipping on episode 13, is believed to be (“Master” of the porridge shop) Bom Choon Sik’s father. He was the head chef of Cheongwadae (the Blue House). Judging from Master’s interaction with Ji Hu in this episode, they were presumably well-acquainted during childhood.
Warning: Do not read the updated portion unless you want major spoilers directly from KBS regarding new characters!
- Season 1 ended with Jun Pyo leaving the country at the news of his father’s deteriorating health. Gu Bohn Hyung is the third-generation CEO of Shin-hwa Group. Since he was young, he wanted to be a pilot and live a free, bohemian life. However, he had to take responsibility for both his family and the company. Although he is one of the top CEOs in the world, he is actually quite easygoing and has an open mind. However, with the company’s recent financial crisis, his health suffers to the point that he has fallen into a vegetative state.
- We mentioned that Ji Hu’s grandfather, Yoon Seok Young (Lee Jung Gil), would make an appearance in future episodes. However, we’ve discovered that he has already appeared in a previous episode!!! Hint: jjajangmyun (black bean noodles) + fish. Ji Hu’s grandfather spends his time volunteering by providing medical care for the poor (he’s an MD – doctor of medicine). As former president, he is also the current president of Su-Ahm Cultural Foundation. He is well-respected, although his hobby is to go fishing while dressed like a commoner. He thinks that the “accident” that killed Ji Hu’s parents was actually a terrorist attempt to assassinate him (the president at the time). Feeling sorry towards Ji Hu, his grandfather keeps an eye on him from afar.
- So Yi Jeong’s first love is a childhood friend named Cha Eun Jae. Like Yi Jeong, Eun Jae is gifted in ceramic arts. Eun Jae recognized Yi Jeong’s talent even before his parents did. She grew up close to Yi Jeong and his older brother from because their fathers were good friends. Although she liked Yi Jeong, he assumed that she was in love with his brother (who later left home), so nothing came of it and they lost touch. They meet again when Yi Jeong goes to find her. However, she chooses to go study abroad, and they part ways again.
Season 2 Spoilers (2/13):
- Jan Di’s shoulder injury referred to in Episode 13’s preview (translated here) was a result of being hit by the chair when she jumped to block Jun Pyo from Je Ha’s final blow.
- Jan Di sets her mind to becoming a doctor (as opposed to a lawyer in Hana Yori Dango).
- Lee Min Jung is playing Ha Jae Gyeong, the sole heiress of JK Group. Jun Pyo and Jae Gyeong’s engagement will be announced shortly. It is an arranged, strategic marriage between the two families.
- As Jae Gyeong shows her affection for Jun Pyo, BOFwill explore the love square (“melodrama”) that develops between her, Jun Pyo, Ji Hu, and Jan Di.
- We will have a more in-depth look at family histories in episodes 13 to 24 (season 2). Jun Pyo’s sister Jun Hee (actress Kim Hyun Joo) and Ji Hu’s grandfather (played by Lee Jung Gil) will make appearances.
- Like HYD, Boys Over Flowerswill also feature a powerful maidservant who helps Jun Pyo and Jan Di stand up against Chairwoman Kang.
- The other members of F4 will have bigger storylines in the second half of the drama.
- Episodes 13-14 will take place in Macau. The other F4 members show up in Macau to visit Jun Pyo shortly after Jan Di does.
- Episode 15 will show Jun Pyo returning to Korea from Macau to attend Shin-hwa University with F4.