Posts Tagged ‘2ne1’
- Song Hye Kyo in Vogue
- Choi Ji Woo in InStyle
- 2ne1 members are Fila’s newest celebrity endorsers
- Couple Alert – Yoon Jin Seo and Lee Taek Keun have been confirmed as a couple by her agency. The actress and pro baseball athlete met while doing a photo shoot for Mnet’s Trend Report Feel – hosted by Yoon – in April and were introduced to each other by friends. They began dating in May. Yoon is currently filming Bimilae with Yoo Ji Tae while Lee is playing in the 2009 baseball season with the Woori Heroes.
- Lee Hyori and Ryoo Seung Beom are playing a long-time couple in a music video for hip-hop duo Leessang. For Leessang’s sixth album, Lee and Ryoo are starring in the MV for the title track as a couple who has been together for 10 years. Lee reportedly agreed to participate and moved around her schedule upon hearing that she would be working with siblings Ryoo Seung Beom and Ryoo Seung Wan. Ryoo Seung Wan is directing the video; he previously worked with Leessang on their “Ballerino” MV and in his 2008 film, Dachimawa Lee.
- The sixth episode of Style will feature cameos by 2ne1, FT Island, 2PM, Kang Ji Hwan, and Cha Ye Ryun. They filmed a party scene celebrating the 200th issue of Style magazine. The shoot took place in Itaewon on Monday, August 10. The episode will be broadcast on August 16. Style has already overcome the 20% mark in viewership after its fourth episode.
- Look at Alex’s and Ricky Neely Kim’s most recent photo essays here and here.
Online magazine 10asia published an interview with 2ne1 on August 5. Read on for the translated first half of the interview. The second half will be posted within the week.
He said, she said:
- 2ne1 was the featured guest on June 2’s broadcast of Park Kyung Rim’s Starry Night radio show. Members revealed that their group name was decided upon only a few hours ahead of their debut. Other names they had considered were Tsunami, Cool Chicks, YG Girls, and Yangssa’s Kids.
- Actress Han Ga In appeared on SBS 생방송 한밤의 TV연예 and told how pleased her husband, actor Yeon Jung Hoon, was while telling her that she was voted as the #1 ‘Female Celebrity Off the Market”. Continuing on, she said, “I wish Yeon Jung Hoon was chosen as the #1 ‘Male Celebrity Off the Market’. In my opinion, he completely is…Next time, I hope that we’ll be chosen [together].” Regarding domestic life and household work, Han said that she’s good at cleaning and organizing. She has also been working on her cooking skills. “My husband especially likes the fried rice that I make for him. Yeon Jung Hoon doesn’t like vegetables so I have to secretly put in vegetables like eggplant into food as one would do to children in order for him to enjoy eating [the vegetables],” she revealed. Although Han watched each and every episode of East of Eden (which was Yeon’s first post-military project), she flips the channel when he has sentimental scenes with female co-stars because “at that moment he seems like a different person when he’s actually my husband”.
- Harisu opened a club last month in Apgujeong-dong to provide a fun, safe atmosphere for transgendered people such as herself. Korea’s most famous transgender wrote on her minihompy, “There were heartbreaking incidents of friends and juniors committing suicide in 2008. I in the midst of trying to create a lovely environment for people like us who experience the same pain and alienation.”
- On June 3’s broadcast of Golden Fishery – Radio Star, Tablo expressed confidence in his relationship saying, “I am positive that [Kang Hye Jung] is the love of my life.”
KP’s note: I guess Kang Hye Jung’s English name is April?
On April 30, YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk posted a notice on the company website to address rumours and plans regarding G-Dragon and 2ne1. Keep reading for details of Yang’s message regarding G-Dragon’s slump, G-Dragon’s legitimacy as a composer, and 2ne1’s debut plans.